Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Roryslosh:
I just hope hes working on hit feet and motion every day. Him tightening up his delivery will determine when hes ready to start.

Yeah he has to work on his feet, arm delivery, accuracy, spiral. Plus reading the field and making good decisions. But if he needs all that he wasn't worth what we gave up.

A massive project with huge downside and bust potential. Very risky.

He'll be fine. If you watch the Arizona game, he's still thinking out there. Jimmy, on the other hand, is unconscious. He sees it and lets it rip. The 4th down pass vs the Rams, is a great example of just seeing it and ripping it, without hesitation. Kyle's still having that hesitation mode. Once he has another training camp, he'll challenge Jimmy. He just needs to get to the point where it's instinctual, ie see it, throw it, *knowing* the window will be open and the Defense can't stop it. It will take some reps too. If you count Jimmy's starts, even after 5 years, it's about 2.5 years of actual in-game experience. Give Trey the same 2.5 years and -- *watch out*

I need to see it more. To see him play in games and succeed.

To a certain extent, for now, you are just going to have to project. Using his college and his pro film performance. Agree that he's a big risk downside, nothing is certain. Nobody can even guarantee we will be alive Sunday. Use your eyes to see the upside - big arm, mobility, accuracy, good mind, level headed, and also see what Kyle's done with BeatHard and Mullens - two QB's with a lot less physical talent than Trey. Kyle will figure out Trey's strengths (and there are a ton) just like how Kyle's - to a certain extent - has figured out what Jimmy's strengths are. If you put Trey with Mike Singletary, I'd totally agree with you that he'll be the next Drunkenmiller, but he's with Kyle and you gotta respect what Kyle's done with other QB's in his coaching history.
To a certain extent, for now, you are just going to have to project. Using his college and his pro film performance. Agree that he's a big risk downside, nothing is certain. Nobody can even guarantee we will be alive Sunday. Use your eyes to see the upside - big arm, mobility, accuracy, good mind, level headed, and also see what Kyle's done with BeatHard and Mullens - two QB's with a lot less physical talent than Trey. Kyle will figure out Trey's strengths (and there are a ton) just like how Kyle's - to a certain extent - has figured out what Jimmy's strengths are. If you put Trey with Mike Singletary, I'd totally agree with you that he'll be the next Drunkenmiller, but he's with Kyle and you gotta respect what Kyle's done with other QB's in his coaching history.

You guys are only seeing the big arm arm and mobility and HOPING. You guys haven't been honest to yourselves about Trey from the beginning. Posters are just HOPING.

I'm sure if some one posted his accuracy #'s from NFL it would be bad as well. I'm not calling him a bust but 3 1st round picks for a guy who "needs reps" to learn to be a more accurate passer is just . Especially in this offense. Just made 0 sense.
Originally posted by krizay:

You guys are only seeing the big arm arm and mobility and HOPING. You guys haven't been honest to yourselves about Trey from the beginning. Posters are just HOPING.

I'm sure if some one posted his accuracy #'s from NFL it would be bad as well. I'm not calling him a bust but 3 1st round picks for a guy who "needs reps" to learn to be a more accurate passer is just . Especially in this offense. Just made 0 sense.
Did you see what he was throwing to in college?

he didn't have any issues since being a 9er
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I just hope hes working on hit feet and motion every day. Him tightening up his delivery will determine when hes ready to start.

Yeah he has to work on his feet, arm delivery, accuracy, spiral. Plus reading the field and making good decisions. But if he needs all that he wasn't worth what we gave up.

How are mods still allowing this constant trolling, I've even been reporting the posts. Do they just not care anymore? Maybe stop being a mod then and we should get some new mods?

Don't ban SD Niner the WZ wouldn't be the same without him! He's the one who checks the schedule for us. It's not trolling he just has a different opinion than yours. You only report for personal attacks which he's not doing and I don't even report on those cuz I'm no narc snitch.

Trolling has also been against the rules. People have always gotten warnings or TOs when they would constantly do it (jiks and sacniner as examples).

What he's doing now is just trolling and not just stating an opinion. Every single day for the past month basically he's been copying and pasting the same thing in this thread, and the Mac Jones / Justin Fields thread. He's doing it to get reactions like he used to do in the past before he stopped posting for a while, it's always been his shtick. It's very sad to see a grown man act like this

Whatever happened to that Buzz poster who seemed like English was his 2nd language? Lol at the memories
He'll be fine. If you watch the Arizona game, he's still thinking out there. Jimmy, on the other hand, is unconscious. He sees it and lets it rip. The 4th down pass vs the Rams, is a great example of just seeing it and ripping it, without hesitation. Kyle's still having that hesitation mode. Once he has another training camp, he'll challenge Jimmy. He just needs to get to the point where it's instinctual, ie see it, throw it, *knowing* the window will be open and the Defense can't stop it. It will take some reps too. If you count Jimmy's starts, even after 5 years, it's about 2.5 years of actual in-game experience. Give Trey the same 2.5 years and -- *watch out*

Giedi, did you by chance mean "Jimmy on the other hand is instinctual", and not "unconscious"? Unconscious is me after 3 beers. But still i get your point. With that Rams pass , he gunned it without thinking…vs., as you noted about Trey's "hesitation".
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Nov 24, 2021 at 4:25 PM ]

Yet he played one game in 2020. That sort of makes for a less than fair average wouldn't you say as compared to others.

Cant wait till he is the starter next season and this QB nonsense is flushed. We will build a statue of Jimmy and place it with the other great moments in history statues at Levi's so those who want it can have a place to worship and reminisce of the good ole days with Jimmy at the helm.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Nov 24, 2021 at 4:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

How are mods still allowing this constant trolling, I've even been reporting the posts. Do they just not care anymore? Maybe stop being a mod then and we should get some new mods?

Don't ban SD Niner the WZ wouldn't be the same without him! He's the one who checks the schedule for us. It's not trolling he just has a different opinion than yours. You only report for personal attacks which he's not doing and I don't even report on those cuz I'm no narc snitch.

Trolling has also been against the rules. People have always gotten warnings or TOs when they would constantly do it (jiks and sacniner as examples).

What he's doing now is just trolling and not just stating an opinion. Every single day for the past month basically he's been copying and pasting the same thing in this thread, and the Mac Jones / Justin Fields thread. He's doing it to get reactions like he used to do in the past before he stopped posting for a while, it's always been his shtick. It's very sad to see a grown man act like this

Whatever happened to that Buzz poster who seemed like English was his 2nd language? Lol at the memories

We gon win game which gud for us to win. Hope game is gud and we win gud go 40 Neeners!

Weve already seen him play in the NFL, and his accuracy isn't "44% accurate pass rate". So why are we discussing college numbers?
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Weve already seen him play in the NFL, and his accuracy isn't "44% accurate pass rate". So why are we discussing college numbers?

Because there's a good handful of posters still in denial that he is the future of the franchise

Well he is at 52% total, so his "beyond the line of scrimmage" % is probably close or lower than his career. He is definitely not an accurate passer.

because if you read the post in which i uoted dude said all we can go off of is his college film

Krizay is 100% right.

He didn't say to ban him. But he is saying he's been dinged probably for simply disagreeing with someone. We have SanDiego here and have someone else in another thread making up quotes every week that people here aren't saying. Why is trolling stuff like this and fake quotes of members okay, when others discussing football are told to "chill out" ??

They're going to continue doing this and bringing the quality of the board down if it's greenlighted.

1) Uhhh,...we didn't draft him. These couple guys named Shanahan and Lynch did. Why are you putting it on posters here when they're the respected coach's pick with Fields and the other guy still on the board in the 1st?

2) Are you really saying you're not hopeful for every single 1st round pick the 49ers have taken, right after they've taken them? Not trying to measure your fanhood, but this is an interesting take.

I'm hopeful for 100% of our draftpicks,...even the ones I've known to be complete dbags in college.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Well he is at 52% total, so his "beyond the line of scrimmage" % is probably close or lower than his career. He is definitely not an accurate passer.

This is accurate pass rate, not if the ball was caught. He had 9 drops combined across a game & a half. This isn't exclusive to trey but that's what the stat is. I can't recall any incredible "inaccurate" throws our WRs turned into catches for trey.

We don't have much to compare due to lack of games, but he compares favorably in sacks taken, td/int ratio, turnovers and any/a to the rest of the rookie class. By compares favorably, I mean he is best in all categories. The other rookies have had concerning to really bad turnover problems (even the "best", Mac, is averaging over a turnover a game and taking a ton of sacks).

So for sure trey can and will improve his accuracy, but I think he's already shown he's ahead of many other high picks in recent years. Top that with the positives and there is reason for excitement!
Share 49ersWebzone