There are 224 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Trey has always been a 2 or 3 year project. And even then it's a hope that he develops into what he was drafted to be. He is so raw its ridiculous that he was drafted that high. And to spend that much capital on him. Ugggggh.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Trey has always been a 2 or 3 year project. And even then it's a hope that he develops into what he was drafted to be. He is so raw its ridiculous that he was drafted that high. And to spend that much capital on him. Ugggggh.

It's absurd to trade this much draft capital on a 2 - 3 year project. Who may or may no work out.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It's absurd to trade this much draft capital on a 2 - 3 year project. Who may or may no work out.

He's not going to be a 2-3 year project. He'll start next year and take off from there. Have some faith, ,man.

I can see how his development time may be a problem. Besides giving up a buttload of drafts picks, we are wasting Treys rookie cap friendly years.

This year, his would be cap savings were spent on Jimmy to keep us afloat until Kyle felt comfortable with Trey starting. (Some in the media, as well as game commentators, are already suggesting a second year of Jimmy )

We need Trey to start paying dividends sometime next year and then hit the ground running by the start of year 3.

If Trey starts to show promise until year 3 and then balls year 4, only to get a fat contract, it thereby eliminates the whole rookie contract benefit.

Some of his biggest supporters are already getting prepared for him having a up and down year next season, so that will be two cap friendly years wasted.

Then when you add all the draft capital and rookie friendly contracts given up for him, it will be somewhat concerning to say the least if he doesn't start showing promise soon.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Nov 24, 2021 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I can see how his development time may be a problem. Besides giving up a buttload of drafts picks, we are wasting Treys rookie cap friendly years.

This year his would be cap savings were spent on Jimmy to keep us afloat until Kyle is comfortable with Trey starting. (Some in the media, as well as game commentators, are already suggesting a second year of Jimmy )

We need Trey to start paying dividends sometime next year and then hit the ground running by the start of year 3.

If Trey starts to show promise until year 3 and then balls year 4, only to get a fat contract, it thereby eliminates the whole rookie contract benefit.

Some of his biggest supporters are already getting prepared for him having a up and down year next season, so that will be two cap friendly years wasted.

Then when you add all the draft capital and rookie friendly contracts given up for him, it will be somewhat concerning to say the least if he doesn't start showing promise soon.

Spot on. The whole purpose of drafting a rookie qb is to get the benefit if his rookie contract. A 3 year project defeats the purpose.

This year his would be cap savings were spent on Jimmy to keep us afloat until Kyle is comfortable with Trey starting. (Some in the media, as well as game commentators, are already suggesting a second year of Jimmy )

Spot on. The whole purpose of drafting a rookie qb is to get the benefit if his rookie contract. A 3 year project defeats the purpose.

LOL. Very true.

LOL. Very true.

Especially with a win now roster. Could've used those 1st rounders to draft impact starters.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Weve already seen him play in the NFL, and his accuracy isn't "44% accurate pass rate". So why are we discussing college numbers?

because if you read the post in which i uoted dude said all we can go off of is his college film

I could have *sworn* i said college *and* pro.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Giedi:
To a certain extent, for now, you are just going to have to project. Using his college and his pro film performance. Agree that he's a big risk downside, nothing is certain. Nobody can even guarantee we will be alive Sunday. Use your eyes to see the upside - big arm, mobility, accuracy, good mind, level headed, and also see what Kyle's done with BeatHard and Mullens - two QB's with a lot less physical talent than Trey. Kyle will figure out Trey's strengths (and there are a ton) just like how Kyle's - to a certain extent - has figured out what Jimmy's strengths are. If you put Trey with Mike Singletary, I'd totally agree with you that he'll be the next Drunkenmiller, but he's with Kyle and you gotta respect what Kyle's done with other QB's in his coaching history.

You guys are only seeing the big arm arm and mobility and HOPING. You guys haven't been honest to yourselves about Trey from the beginning. Posters are just HOPING.

I'm sure if some one posted his accuracy #'s from NFL it would be bad as well. I'm not calling him a bust but 3 1st round picks for a guy who "needs reps" to learn to be a more accurate passer is just . Especially in this offense. Just made 0 sense.

Joe Montana's college first year accuracy was 42.4% and your point is?
Soooo we are going to play Trey until 2023 after trading the farm for him in 2021 while we will keep paying he most expensive game-manager of the league.

Sounds like a good plan to me

Originally posted by BamaNiner:

LOL. Very true.

Especially with a win now roster. Could've used those 1st rounders to draft impact starters.

I agree completely.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Soooo we are going to play Trey until 2023 after trading the farm for him in 2021 while we will keep paying he most expensive game-manager of the league.

That looks like the plan.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Have faith, SanDiego.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Have faith, SanDiego.

We will see. Trey has to show me. Don't tell me. I want to see him throw touchdowns and win games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Have faith, SanDiego.

We will see. Trey has to show me. Don't tell me. I want to see him throw touchdowns and win games.

That time will come soon, just don't lose hope.
Share 49ersWebzone