There are 223 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Spot on. The whole purpose of drafting a rookie qb is to get the benefit if his rookie contract. A 3 year project defeats the purpose.

The rookie contract thing is relatively newer to NFL football. it's not the "whole purpose" of drafting a "rookie" (kinda redundant) QB.

QBs were drafted high way before the CBA reduced rookie contract figures. You're kinda just spouting off with no direction, but....
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 24, 2021 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Soooo we are going to play Trey until 2023 after trading the farm for him in 2021 while we will keep paying he most expensive game-manager of the league.

Sounds like a good plan to me

Sounds like a "your plan" to me. He'll play before 2023.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 24, 2021 at 10:05 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Soooo we are going to play Trey until 2023 after trading the farm for him in 2021 while we will keep paying he most expensive game-manager of the league.

Sounds like a good plan to me

That looks like the plan.

Have faith, SanDiego.

We will see. Trey has to show me. Don't tell me. I want to see him throw touchdowns and win games.
In every game Trey has thrown touchdowns, could have had a win except Kyle's game plan was to use him as a wildcat weapon and run more than pass

there's nothing in the games he's played that say he's terrible, not even close
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 24, 2021 at 10:05 PM ]
We will see. Trey has to show me. Don't tell me. I want to see him throw touchdowns and win games.

How do you propose he does that on the bench? He outplayed jimmy in training camp & preseason so what else can he do
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I can see how his development time may be a problem. Besides giving up a buttload of drafts picks, we are wasting Treys rookie cap friendly years.

This year, his would be cap savings were spent on Jimmy to keep us afloat until Kyle felt comfortable with Trey starting. (Some in the media, as well as game commentators, are already suggesting a second year of Jimmy )

We need Trey to start paying dividends sometime next year and then hit the ground running by the start of year 3.

If Trey starts to show promise until year 3 and then balls year 4, only to get a fat contract, it thereby eliminates the whole rookie contract benefit.

Some of his biggest supporters are already getting prepared for him having a up and down year next season, so that will be two cap friendly years wasted.

Then when you add all the draft capital and rookie friendly contracts given up for him, it will be somewhat concerning to say the least if he doesn't start showing promise soon.

Exactly, what I tried to say leading up to the draft.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

How do you propose he does that on the bench? He outplayed jimmy in training camp & preseason so what else can he do

He hasn't outplayed him. LOL. That's the problem.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Especially with a win now roster. Could've used those 1st rounders to draft impact starters.

Like Kinlaw, Thomas, Foster and McGlinchey.
Originally posted by krizay:
I can see how his development time may be a problem. Besides giving up a buttload of drafts picks, we are wasting Treys rookie cap friendly years.

This year, his would be cap savings were spent on Jimmy to keep us afloat until Kyle felt comfortable with Trey starting. (Some in the media, as well as game commentators, are already suggesting a second year of Jimmy )

We need Trey to start paying dividends sometime next year and then hit the ground running by the start of year 3.

If Trey starts to show promise until year 3 and then balls year 4, only to get a fat contract, it thereby eliminates the whole rookie contract benefit.

Some of his biggest supporters are already getting prepared for him having a up and down year next season, so that will be two cap friendly years wasted.

Then when you add all the draft capital and rookie friendly contracts given up for him, it will be somewhat concerning to say the least if he doesn't start showing promise soon.

Winning is better. Lawrence and Wilson's rookie years are being wasted by being terrible losing seasons.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by krizay:

Winning is better. Lawrence and Wilson's rookie years are being wasted by being terrible losing seasons.

AGree, and their confidence is taking a battering. Once a QB loses confidence in himself, it's game over.

Trey has outplayed him in the Seattle game and almost beat the cardinals at full strength when we had injuries everywhere

please stop making things up

I mean he hasn't played. He did outplay him in training camp/preseason. But shanahan say d there was nothing he could do to take the job so again, you say you need to see him win, how would you expect that to happen when the hc said there is literally nothing trey can do to become starter?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Trey has outplayed him in the Seattle game and almost beat the cardinals at full strength when we had injuries everywhere

Take your own advice and stop living in an alternate universe lol
Originally posted by Goatie:

Take your own advice and stop living in an alternate universe lol
Who?

If you are referring to me, please add some kind of substance lol

No he didn't. LOL. In your dreams maybe.

If he could outplay him he would.....START.....and......PLAY!

No he didn't. LOL. In your dreams maybe.

If he could outplay him he would.....START.....and......PLAY!

Since you can't bring up any examples or anything. Your response is invalid
Share 49ersWebzone