Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 243 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We will see. Trey has to show me. Don't tell me. I want to see him throw touchdowns and win games.

How do you propose he does that on the bench? He outplayed jimmy in training camp & preseason so what else can he do

Lol

If he can't lead game winning TD drives while sitting on the bench do we really want him as our QB of the future?

I like Trey and really hope he develops and it's definitely hard to do that sitting on the bench.
I have no idea how Trey will turn out and neither does anyone else. That's why it's comical how people post how awesome he already is or will be, especially when they use his "strong arm" to support there argument.. Drafts a crapshoot.
I wasn't crazy about trading 3 picks and change for him, but it is what it is.

I think Jimmy's gone after this year no matter what happens and Trey starts next year. If we keep a good strong ground game and defense, then it takes a lot of pressure off Trey/Kyle.

The Trey/AZ Gameplan from Kyle sucked ass in my opinion.

We see a lot of real good mobile strong arm qb's lose week in and week out which should show people that it takes a team..
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Nov 25, 2021 at 6:47 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Roryslosh:
I just hope hes working on hit feet and motion every day. Him tightening up his delivery will determine when hes ready to start.

Yeah he has to work on his feet, arm delivery, accuracy, spiral. Plus reading the field and making good decisions. But if he needs all that he wasn't worth what we gave up.

A massive project with huge downside and bust potential. Very risky.

How are mods still allowing this constant trolling, I've even been reporting the posts. Do they just not care anymore? Maybe stop being a mod then and we should get some new mods?

Don't ban SD Niner the WZ wouldn't be the same without him! He's the one who checks the schedule for us. It's not trolling he just has a different opinion than yours. You only report for personal attacks which he's not doing and I don't even report on those cuz I'm no narc snitch.

He didn't say to ban him. But he is saying he's been dinged probably for simply disagreeing with someone. We have SanDiego here and have someone else in another thread making up quotes every week that people here aren't saying. Why is trolling stuff like this and fake quotes of members okay, when others discussing football are told to "chill out" ??

They're going to continue doing this and bringing the quality of the board down if it's greenlighted.

It'd be nice if people wouldn't post books about nothing and just stick to football on here…
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Nov 25, 2021 at 6:51 PM ]
"tReY oUtPlAyEd jImMAh"

lol
It'd be nice if people wouldn't post books about nothing and just stick to football on here…

garbage in, garbage out
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hang in there, Trey - you'll be needed this season.
Here's the rub....and I'm glad Jimmy is playing well the last few weeks.

If Trey started Week 1 and the rest of the way to now....would we be at least 5-5?

I say easy hell ****ing yes we would be no worse than 5-5 based on what I saw in that AZ game.

And that 5-5 is with 10 games of experience now under Trey's belt and by end of season he's not really a rookie anymore. And if we squeaked into the playoffs with a Lance w 17 games of experience, I believe we would be far more dangerous to do damage in the playoffs than w Jimmy at the helm.

Jimmy is getting this year clearly now. He better take as to the NFC title game or better or we just blew a year of experience for Trey and for what....nothing. and a qb that won't be here next here.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
We will see. Trey has to show me. Don't tell me. I want to see him throw touchdowns and win games.

How do you propose he does that on the bench? He outplayed jimmy in training camp & preseason so what else can he do

Lol

If he can't lead game winning TD drives while sitting on the bench do we really want him as our QB of the future?

I like Trey and really hope he develops and it's definitely hard to do that sitting on the bench.
I have no idea how Trey will turn out and neither does anyone else. That's why it's comical how people post how awesome he already is or will be, especially when they use his "strong arm" to support there argument.. Drafts a crapshoot.
I wasn't crazy about trading 3 picks and change for him, but it is what it is.

I think Jimmy's gone after this year no matter what happens and Trey starts next year. If we keep a good strong ground game and defense, then it takes a lot of pressure off Trey/Kyle.

The Trey/AZ Gameplan from Kyle sucked ass in my opinion.

We see a lot of real good mobile strong arm qb's lose week in and week out which should show people that it takes a team..

With out a doubt this is Trey's team next year. I'm content on Trey sitting this year and learning from Jimmy. He'll be a better player because of it.

And this observation is based on what exactly? Were you at training camp so you could watch him play everyday or does this come from the unimpeachable 'reporting" of Grant Cohn? As for pre-season I don't recall that Jimmy even played that much so that argument seems a bit disingenuous to me. Is that based on his hitting a long TD pass to Sherfield or on his completing 52% passes? Pre-season seems like a long time ago but I don't recall that he was actually setting the world on fire. Oh, I almost forgot, and when was it that he put his "already elite for the NFL" running ability on display. Was that the Cardinal game where most of his runs ended up getting stuffed at the line or was it in one of his other starts, Oh, wait he hasn't had any other starts. Also it doesn't seem much of an argument to say that "almost" winning the Cardinal game is somehow proof of his having out performed Jimmy in his limited appearances this year. Quite frankly if Jimmy starts that game they probably win it since it was one of the few early games this year where the defense actually showed up to play for four quarters..

For the benefit of the poster who asked me to "prove" that there were people in here who have been willing to assign all of these abilities and accomplishments to Lance without the benefit of, you know, actually having seen him play in many games that actually mattered, here is an example. .
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:

If Trey started Week 1 and the rest of the way to now....would we be at least 5-5?

I say easy hell ****ing yes we would be no worse than 5-5 based on what I saw in that AZ game.

And that 5-5 is with 10 games of experience now under Trey's belt and by end of season he's not really a rookie anymore. And if we squeaked into the playoffs with a Lance w 17 games of experience, I believe we would be far more dangerous to do damage in the playoffs than w Jimmy at the helm.

Jimmy is getting this year clearly now. He better take as to the NFC title game or better or we just blew a year of experience for Trey and for what....nothing. and a qb that won't be here next here.

Using this same logic, Trey would be on I.R.

There's a lot more to QBing Kyle's offense than running the QB up the middle.

The bottom line is Kyle is going to play his best QB and let it happen organically. When it's Trey's time, everyone will know.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 26, 2021 at 5:38 AM ]

Niners are 2 and 8 with trey. Lions and jags. That's it.

They don't beat the eagles
They get killed by the Packers.
The bears d would have killed Trey
They get killed by the Rams
They lose twice to the Cardinals
They lose to the colts

If you think otherwise you've got blinders on. He is NOT ready, and may never be. They're only 5 and 5 because the defense has struggled, not because of jimmy.

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I would but I don't feel like posting 99% of treys plays.

I could post the plays where.....

I've never seen you post any plays regarding anything. If you have this ability, please post a couple.

Never seen it either

They lose to the colts

If you think otherwise you've got blinders on. He is NOT ready, and may never be. They're only 5 and 5 because the defense has struggled, not because of jimmy.

Subject take based off nothing but bias takes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

They lose to the colts

Jose, quit being a Negative Nancy. The team will make the playoffs, if they play the way they're playing right now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Why we even arguing about this guy when like it or not he's the future anyway.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

They lose to the colts

Subject take based off nothing but bias takes.

You could have said the same about the original post, but you didn't.

The ONLY thing we can truly point to is Shanahan continuing to stick with Jimmy. Why? He knows Trey isn't ready. That's not bias, that's fact.
Share 49ersWebzone