Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by thl408:
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/kyle-shanahan-explains-why-49ers-moved-away-trey-lance-package
Kyle on why Lance is no longer used in packages mid-game.

"It's more about me to tell you the truth," Shanahan said. "In terms of calling plays, We get into a rhythm of attacking a defense and what fronts they are playing and what coverages. Every play kind of plays off the next play and you get a feel, our players do and I, of what we are going to."

"What's been hard on me, that I didn't realize, is when you do bring in a different quarterback who gets a different set of plays, it's almost the first play I've been seeing of a new defense," Shanahan said. "You see what fronts and coverages they are doing but they are doing it completely to a plan as a threat of the runner at that position.

"I don't know what to anticipate with it, and then I got to stay in it for a while to get a feel for that. And then you go back and that feels kind of off for the last guy, so it kind of hurts my rhythm a little bit of understanding what a defense is getting. That's why personally as the year has gone I've gotten a little more away from it because I like to get a feel for what the defense is doing."

Which makes sense. I think he would've been used at least in the RZ since that wouldn't really take him out of his flow, but the fact that our RZ offense has also looked good with Jimmy hasn't been needed. If we have a couple games where the RZ offense isn't clicking that well, I think we will see a bit of Trey in that role. But for now, it's not broke so no need to fix it.

The only time we've failed to score in the RZ all year was when Lance got smacked at the goal line vs the Cards. That's crazy.

😳😳
Originally posted by NYniner85:

how dare he do this! He should be locked up in the film room...Mac would never give a family beds and play catch with their kid HE'S all football

That's awesome
Originally posted by Giedi:

how dare he do this! He should be locked up in the film room...Mac would never give a family beds and play catch with their kid HE'S all football

Great stuff NY85. Love to get info like this on the non-physical character traits of our star QB's.

I'm relieved he didn't kill that kid by throwing overhand.

Throwing those hospital balls.
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/kyle-shanahan-explains-why-49ers-moved-away-trey-lance-package

"It's more about me to tell you the truth," Shanahan said. "In terms of calling plays, We get into a rhythm of attacking a defense and what fronts they are playing and what coverages. Every play kind of plays off the next play and you get a feel, our players do and I, of what we are going to."

"What's been hard on me, that I didn't realize, is when you do bring in a different quarterback who gets a different set of plays, it's almost the first play I've been seeing of a new defense," Shanahan said. "You see what fronts and coverages they are doing but they are doing it completely to a plan as a threat of the runner at that position.

"I don't know what to anticipate with it, and then I got to stay in it for a while to get a feel for that. And then you go back and that feels kind of off for the last guy, so it kind of hurts my rhythm a little bit of understanding what a defense is getting. That's why personally as the year has gone I've gotten a little more away from it because I like to get a feel for what the defense is doing."

Translation: "I'm a pro's pro and then I gotta call some high school crap just to get him a few live reps? No thanks."
Originally posted by NCommand:
Translation: "I'm a pro's pro and then I gotta call some high school crap just to get him a few live reps? No thanks."

Then put them both on the field at the same time. Line him up as a receiver and get him involved on a few trick plays.

Sounds like a cop out to me

Kyle has had to dumb down and modify his offense for the last 4 years to account for his QB's deficiencies, so I doubt that he's suddenly balking at the idea now.

Great stuff NY85. Love to get info like this on the non-physical character traits of our star QB's.

Like this?

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Like this?

Oh yeah, Trey's already ready in that department. That's just a 49er QB thing. LOL
  • thl408

Like this?

Oh yeah, Trey's already ready in that department. That's just a 49er QB thing. LOL

I was implying that Lance throws really hard and would have hurt the kid if he threw overhand, not that he throws high and would got the kid hit by a linebacker.

Like this?

I was implying that Lance throws really hard and would have hurt the kid if he threw overhand, not that he throws high and would got the kid hit by a linebacker.

Well here's what Keenan Allen would tell that kid.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Like this?

Kyle has had to dumb down and modify his offense for the last 4 years to account for his QB's deficiencies, so I doubt that he's suddenly balking at the idea now.
"
Kyle has had to dumb down and modify his offense for the last 4 years to account for his QB's deficiencies, so I doubt that he's suddenly balking at the idea now. "
Uh, no he hasn't.

Like this?

Is there a knuckleball setting?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Totally agree. Do you do Ancient Greek translations?

Totally agree. Do you do Ancient Greek translations?

I'd give it a go! LOL
Share 49ersWebzone