Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Nvmd

Nevermind what?

I stooped to your level and felt gross.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It got Trey hurt in his only start.

What play did he get "hurt" doing? How many times has Jimmy gotten hurt?

True. Jimmy's durability has been an issue and the o-line the past two years has been pretty poor.

I worry about the 1-1 start to injury ratio. I think he will be great and can be brought up to speed carefully.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Just remember, the year to develop is fine, but what's almost unbelievable, is that he has only started 27 football games in his life at qb from high school and above:

Maybe you completely missed it but we had this whole "COVID" thing going on for the last year and a half that stripped some kids of a full season.

I mean,...for those that are up to date with current events, it's very believable.

I doubt you will ever find a qb taken in the 1st round who only started 9 games in high school.
17 in college.

Mac Jones only had 17 starts in college so wtf is your point? Do you enjoy constantly contradicting yourself or something?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That garbage sounds like a lot of Tr_EXCUSES. If he could play and add any value he would play. But he has not proven that so far.

I think you might be hitting that drum a little hard. Lance hasn't shown much because he hasn't had much opportunity to do so. In the one start he did have he looked like a rookie with limited experience, which is what he is. By next season he will have had two full training camps two preseasons and a full regular season to have studied and learned what it takes to play QB in the NFL. Although he will probably be lacking much in the way of actual game reps if the team keeps on his current trajectory he will have had whatever benefits being on the scout team have to offer.

I have yet to see any reports questioning his work ethic or ability to grasp the offense. Like all running QB's he will need to learn to not rely on his legs at the first sign of trouble and that long term success in the NFL requires that players learn how to win from the pocket. If the team around him is strong enough that will help make up for some of his inexperience.

Of course, the problem is that a lot of defensive players are on one year contracts this year for what they all assumed would be a Super Bowl run with a better payday on the other side so we'll have to see how all that plays out. On the plus side he has a lot of young talent that he can grow with on the offensive side Aiyuk, Mitchell, and Samuel. He'll even be able to get a few more year out of Kittle. As I have said before I have zero expectations for Lance at the moment and am just waiting for his turn to come in and show my what he can do. Hopefully it will be good enough to take care of the team's QB position for the next ten years.

I'm confident, not so much in Trey, but in Kyle. So based on that, I think Trey will be fine. What Kyle has done to help with the development of other QB's including Jimmy, gives me confidence that once Trey gets going as QB 1, his progress as a 49er QB should be rapid, fast and breathtaking. (I hope )

.. just can't wait what KS & JL will then say if Baby Face doesn't turn out to be the next Mahomes..

Personally, I think he has the physical gifts to be as good or better than Mahomes. We shall see.

He has the rocket arm, blazing footspeed, great elusiveness in running, has very good pocket awareness. Good accuracy on the move, good accuracy in the pocket, hard worker, willing to learn, relatively injury free (from his college history). He seems to be very bright, and seems to pick football things up very quickly. Even if he only has 70% of Jimmy's mental processing power, the physical attributes may make that a wash. My hope is that he's WAY better than Jimmy and hopefully can have a career like Tom Brady.

I'm hoping that we have landed our QB of the future!!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Just remember, the year to develop is fine, but what's almost unbelievable, is that he has only started 27 football games in his life at qb from high school and above:

Maybe you completely missed it but we had this whole "COVID" thing going on for the last year and a half that stripped some kids of a full season.

I mean,...for those that are up to date with current events, it's very believable.

I doubt you will ever find a qb taken in the 1st round who only started 9 games in high school.
17 in college.

Mac Jones only had 17 starts in college so wtf is your point? Do you enjoy constantly contradicting yourself or something?

Jones started two years in Florida, much better football than Minnesota…..and was good enough to sign with Alabama….then sat behind a top 5 pick and then had the best college season of all time and ran the beat offense ever, in the SEC. Now he has already proven to be above average in the league. Bad comp there.

I guess this week it's he needs to play because of how little he's played. Last week it was he's not good enough to play and needs to ride the pine this year and possibly next. The week before it was the other QBs are better because they are playing and he isn't. Same regurgitation of s**t different day for a handful. I guess that's how to critique someone when you have nothing else when the guy isn't playing?
Jones started two years in Florida, much better football than Minnesota…..and was good enough to sign with Alabama….then sat behind a top 5 pick and then had the best college season of all time and ran the beat offense ever, in the SEC. Now he has already proven to be above average in the league. Bad comp there.

No one proves that in 11 starts.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I guess this week it's he needs to play because of how little he's played. Last week it was he's not good enough to play and needs to ride the pine this year and possibly next. The week before it was the other QBs are better because they are playing and he isn't. Same regurgitation of s**t different day for a handful. I guess that's how to critique someone when you have nothing else when the guy isn't playing?

Consider the source. A guy who actively roots for players, on a team he supposedly supports mind you, to fail so he can crow about how right he is.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Consider the source. A guy who actively roots for players, on a team he supposedly supports mind you, to fail so he can crow about how right he is.

Yeah I know, it's both weird and f**king irritating
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Trey can do what Jimmy is doing right now. Can't wait for the kid to get his chance at running the team. Next year can't get here soon enough.

Trey just needs to be consistent in his play since our current qb can't play like that.
9 in Minnesota high school
17 in 3 years at NDSU
1 in the NFL
Thats not even in a timespan, that's his whole life. He hasn't even played two seasons in a row as a starting qb in his life. The kid has to play. It's that simple.
There is a decent chance he isn't consistent enough from the pocket that he simply can't play in the league. He has tools but no experience, relatively speaking.

I don't believe all the hype. The kid has potential but until he proves it I am not sold.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Ya he's an annoying troll
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Dec 2, 2021 at 4:03 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That garbage sounds like a lot of Tr_EXCUSES. If he could play and add any value he would play. But he has not proven that so far.

I think you might be hitting that drum a little hard. Lance hasn't shown much because he hasn't had much opportunity to do so. In the one start he did have he looked like a rookie with limited experience, which is what he is. By next season he will have had two full training camps two preseasons and a full regular season to have studied and learned what it takes to play QB in the NFL. Although he will probably be lacking much in the way of actual game reps if the team keeps on his current trajectory he will have had whatever benefits being on the scout team have to offer.

I have yet to see any reports questioning his work ethic or ability to grasp the offense. Like all running QB's he will need to learn to not rely on his legs at the first sign of trouble and that long term success in the NFL requires that players learn how to win from the pocket. If the team around him is strong enough that will help make up for some of his inexperience.

Of course, the problem is that a lot of defensive players are on one year contracts this year for what they all assumed would be a Super Bowl run with a better payday on the other side so we'll have to see how all that plays out. On the plus side he has a lot of young talent that he can grow with on the offensive side Aiyuk, Mitchell, and Samuel. He'll even be able to get a few more year out of Kittle. As I have said before I have zero expectations for Lance at the moment and am just waiting for his turn to come in and show my what he can do. Hopefully it will be good enough to take care of the team's QB position for the next ten years.

I'm confident, not so much in Trey, but in Kyle. So based on that, I think Trey will be fine. What Kyle has done to help with the development of other QB's including Jimmy, gives me confidence that once Trey gets going as QB 1, his progress as a 49er QB should be rapid, fast and breathtaking. (I hope )

.. just can't wait what KS & JL will then say if Baby Face doesn't turn out to be the next Mahomes..

Personally, I think he has the physical gifts to be as good or better than Mahomes. We shall see.

He has the rocket arm, blazing footspeed, great elusiveness in running, has very good pocket awareness. Good accuracy on the move, good accuracy in the pocket, hard worker, willing to learn, relatively injury free (from his college history). He seems to be very bright, and seems to pick football things up very quickly. Even if he only has 70% of Jimmy's mental processing power, the physical attributes may make that a wash. My hope is that he's WAY better than Jimmy and hopefully can have a career like Tom Brady.

I'm hoping that we have landed our QB of the future!!

One reason Kyle drafted QBs the way he did in 2021 is he looks at the class. On 2021, he's been looking at that particular class for years and knew it was a particularly strong QB class.

This 2021 QB class was particularly talented. A lot of variables go into the making of a franchise QB. When Joe lost Fred, and had Jeff Moore as his RB, he went 3-6. When he got back Fred and got Wendell Tyler, Joe went 15-1. it will most likely be similar with Trey (I'm not predicting he's the next gold jacked wearer for the 49ers) but if you build a good team around Trey, surround him with the best players, you will have a good QB.

Kyle chose Trey based on his experiences with QBs. When no one was looking at Jimmy, he already wanted Jimmy. ShanaLynch even tried to trade for him but was rejected before Belicheck basically gave him to the 49ers. So i have confidence that Trey is a franchise QB, simply because Kyle is also that confident - that Trey is one. He can also be *wrong* - but only time will tell at this point.
Originally posted by Goatie:
I don't believe all the hype. The kid has potential but until he proves it I am not sold.

I mean you could have said that for every single player before they actually played legit NFL games...I'm assuming you said the same thing about Jimmy when SF traded for him, no?
Share 49ersWebzone