There are 208 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Goatie:
I don't believe all the hype. The kid has potential but until he proves it I am not sold.

I mean you could have said that for every single player before they actually played legit NFL games...I'm assuming you said the same thing about Jimmy when SF traded for him, no?

This.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Jones started two years in Florida, much better football than Minnesota…..and was good enough to sign with Alabama….then sat behind a top 5 pick and then had the best college season of all time and ran the beat offense ever, in the SEC. Now he has already proven to be above average in the league. Bad comp there.

Whatever happened in college or where they went too kinda goes out the window when they get in the NFL. Go look at some of the best QBs in the NFL, where they played and how high of a recruit they were...I've made a list in here a couple times.

He ran the "best" offense during a weird covid season where half the teams didn't have practices or missed players throughout the year. At that point pure talent was what the difference was.

End of the day no one should care about Jones anymore...he's not in SF and wasn't the pick. You want to constantly talk about him, then go to the draft day thread or the Pats forums.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Mac Jones only had 17 starts in college so wtf is your point? Do you enjoy constantly contradicting yourself or something?

I guess this week it's he needs to play because of how little he's played. Last week it was he's not good enough to play and needs to ride the pine this year and possibly next. The week before it was the other QBs are better because they are playing and he isn't. Same regurgitation of s**t different day for a handful. I guess that's how to critique someone when you have nothing else when the guy isn't playing?

Consider the source. A guy who actively roots for players, on a team he supposedly supports mind you, to fail so he can crow about how right he is.

Ya he's an annoying troll

He needs to save us all and just go be a Pats fan...if he wants to gloat about Bama players at least save it for the draft thread.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Goatie:
I don't believe all the hype. The kid has potential but until he proves it I am not sold.

I mean you could have said that for every single player before they actually played legit NFL games...I'm assuming you said the same thing about Jimmy when SF traded for him, no?

This.

Jimmy played for eastern illinois and in high school played LBer until the starter got hurt mid season his junior yr...he got ONE offer to play QB and it was D-1AA. He played in a air raid/spread offense in college. His record in college was 23-22 as a starter.

I'm sure Goatie was all about Jimmy G back then as much as he is now
Whatever happened in college or where they went too kinda goes out the window when they get in the NFL. Go look at some of the best QBs in the NFL, where they played and how high of a recruit they were...I've made a list in here a couple times.

He ran the "best" offense during a weird covid season where half the teams didn't have practices or missed players throughout the year. At that point pure talent was what the difference was.

End of the day no one should care about Jones anymore...he's not in SF and wasn't the pick. You want to constantly talk about him, then go to the draft day thread or the Pats forums.

He's already admitted he's thought about switching to being a Pats fan.

Why the hesitation now a few weeks later? They're doing great.
Originally posted by Giedi:
One reason Kyle drafted QBs the way he did in 2021 is he looks at the class. On 2021, he's been looking at that particular class for years and knew it was a particularly strong QB class.

This 2021 QB class was particularly talented. A lot of variables go into the making of a franchise QB. When Joe lost Fred, and had Jeff Moore as his RB, he went 3-6. When he got back Fred and got Wendell Tyler, Joe went 15-1. it will most likely be similar with Trey (I'm not predicting he's the next gold jacked wearer for the 49ers) but if you build a good team around Trey, surround him with the best players, you will have a good QB.

Kyle chose Trey based on his experiences with QBs. When no one was looking at Jimmy, he already wanted Jimmy. ShanaLynch even tried to trade for him but was rejected before Belicheck basically gave him to the 49ers. So i have confidence that Trey is a franchise QB, simply because Kyle is also that confident - that Trey is one. He can also be *wrong* - but only time will tell at this point.

If Trey would have stayed in college, unless there was some massive regression or injury....he would have been the #1QB in this upcoming draft, possibly the #1 pick and a Detroit Lion

The foundation for Lance is elite. His skill set is what you want in todays NFL QB...but the intangibles are also sky high. He's smart as f**k, a film junkie, and straight up loves playing QB. He's not some self-absorbed cocky kid. His humble and a leader. He WANTS to get better. Everything I've read about the kid backs up all that. He's come from a good home and has a chip on his shoulder. He wasn't given anything. I'll bet on all that.

The only thing he's missing is reps....there will be a maturation process because of that. It's literally the same thing as Josh Allen. I'm not saying he will be him, but their paths from HS to the NFL are very similar. Their skill sets are similar. What they both needed to improve upon is very similar. I actually think Lance has a better base of what to work off of, then Josh coming into the league.... BUT Josh needed REPS.

As long as we have a good team and coaching around Lance, those "bad" reps will only help him improve. The team around him can help with the growing process & SF will still win games.

Fans need to realize all this, a lot will get it and as we've seen in here a lot of people won't. It's all about instant gratification now. It seems like some almost want him to fail for their own selfish reasons. Weird stuff. People judging him off nothing is a dumb way to go about it. Kids gotta play football and not just a game or two...he needs a lot of it, but if fans and Lance can weather the storm of up and down play, he's got a chance to be a damn good QB with this team.
Originally posted by random49er:

This is what I gotta say about that...

No hard feelings just go be Pats fan, I only saw him start posting in here when Mac was being talked about as a possibility for SF.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2021 at 5:45 AM ]
Have you guys considered that Trey is ready to play, but Kyle is sticking to his guns by not starting him? I firmly believe in statistics and we're averaging 26 pts per game. That's pretty decent and we've had some duds in there (10 pts against AZ, 17 against Eagles, 18 against Colts). I THINK we can still average that 26 pts per game under Trey, but Kyle may not see the value in that right now. What's the point while you have Jimmy with a massive contract who is playing pretty good meanwhile Trey can sit and learn. I think if Jimmy were averaging us 17-20 a game Trey would come in.
Originally posted by random49er:

This is what I gotta say about that...

No hard feelings just go be Pats fan, I only saw him start posting in here when Mac was being talked about as a possibility for SF.
Here's the search function and you talking about Stafford. Let's not be hypocritical. You and Gore were slobbering all over him just yesterday. Take your own advice. You and Gore's lust for him the last 6+ months in NINERtalk is tiring.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
Have you guys considered that Trey is ready to play, but Kyle is sticking to his guns by not starting him? I firmly believe in statistics and we're averaging 26 pts per game. That's pretty decent and we've had some duds in there (10 pts against AZ, 17 against Eagles, 18 against Colts). I THINK we can still average that 26 pts per game under Trey, but Kyle may not see the value in that right now. What's the point while you have Jimmy with a massive contract who is playing pretty good meanwhile Trey can sit and learn. I think if Jimmy were averaging us 17-20 a game Trey would come in.

Yeah I mean there's no point to playing Lance right now...We're 3rd in total offensive DVOA . Jimmy is playing decent football right now and we're winning.

If the loses were still coming Lance more than likely would have been starting at this point...Jimmy has a $.7.5M injury gtd for 2022, so if he got real hurt and wasn't cleared by April, SF is on the hook for that cash. None of that matter if they're winning.

Woahhhh loudest anti-Jimmy pro-Stafford posters (at least me) isn't true my man.

I just think Stafford is more talent and Jimmy is an avg starting QB who we should try and upgrade from…been my stance since last yr

For example in this very Trey thread.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Here's the search function and you talking about Stafford. Let's not be hypocritical. You and Gore were slobbering all over him just yesterday. Take your own advice. You and Gore's lust for him the last 6+ months in NINERtalk is tiring.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e

lust lol grow up....Stafford was an option in SF and some fans thought he was more talented then Jimmy. Some fans still do.

We talked about Rogers, Watson, Fields, Jones, Wilson all the same since Feb/March BECAUSE it was one of the biggest things to happen to this franchise in forever. SF was part of all this QB talk.... Sorry if you didn't see all that because you weren't even in here during that whole process
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:10 AM ]
Woahhhh loudest anti-Jimmy pro-Stafford posters (at least me) isn't true my man.

I just think Stafford is more talent and Jimmy is an avg starting QB who we should try and upgrade from…been my stance since last yr

For example in this very Trey thread.

Yeah that's because YOU keep bringing it up....again stop playing the victim card, it's childish and we all see it. Your hate for Stafford is wild. No one really cares anymore, he's not the QB for SF.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Translation: "I'm a pro's pro and then I gotta call some high school crap just to get him a few live reps? No thanks."

I know it's tough throwing to your first read and handing the ball off 40x a game

If the world was as simplistic as you paint/see it, he'd easily be starting right now. Like Kyle said from day 1, no rookie was going to come in here and beat Jimmy out and certainly not one as raw as Trey.

Enjoy the winning now because next year or 2023, there's going to be some natural tough sledding while he learns in-game and the 40K posts you'll accumulate on the need to start him now isn't going to change that.

lust lol grow up....Stafford was an option in SF and some fans thought he was more talented then Jimmy. Some fans still do.

We talked about Rogers, Watson, Fields, Jones, Wilson all the same for 6 months BECAUSE it was one of the biggest things to happen to this franchise in forever.

I see it's only ok for you to do it. Every day. Just glad you realize how annoying it is. Every day.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone