There are 215 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Translation: "I'm a pro's pro and then I gotta call some high school crap just to get him a few live reps? No thanks."

I know it's tough throwing to your first read and handing the ball off 40x a game

If the world was as simplistic as you paint/see it, he'd easily be starting right now. Like Kyle said from day 1, no rookie was going to come in here and beat Jimmy out and certainly not one as raw as Trey.

Enjoy the winning now because next year or 2023, there's going to be some natural tough sledding while he learns in-game and the 40K posts you'll accumulate on the need to start him now isn't going to change that.

He'll just flip/turn on him. Only a matter of time.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
Have you guys considered that Trey is ready to play, but Kyle is sticking to his guns by not starting him? I firmly believe in statistics and we're averaging 26 pts per game. That's pretty decent and we've had some duds in there (10 pts against AZ, 17 against Eagles, 18 against Colts). I THINK we can still average that 26 pts per game under Trey, but Kyle may not see the value in that right now. What's the point while you have Jimmy with a massive contract who is playing pretty good meanwhile Trey can sit and learn. I think if Jimmy were averaging us 17-20 a game Trey would come in.

That's getting back to Jimmy's career average here...what, 28 points in games he's started?
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
I see it's only ok for you to do it. Every day. Just glad you realize how annoying it is. Every day.

You're lying and exaggerating like you do everyday in here....posters see what you're doing, it's old and stale.

I was responding to YOUR comment about Stafford in here, trying to call me out for something I'm not.

Grow up kid. Go argue with someone on facebook who actually gives a f**k.
I see it's only ok for you to do it. Every day. Just glad you realize how annoying it is. Every day.

You're lying and exaggerating like you do everyday in here....posters see what you're doing, it's old and stale.

I was responding to YOUR comment about Stafford in here, trying to call me out for something I'm not.

Grow up kid. Go argue with someone on facebook who actually gives a f**k.
What about the COUNTLESS other times? There's history dude... Lots of it. edit: and yes I was exaggerating but not by a lot.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:18 AM ]
Translation: "I'm a pro's pro and then I gotta call some high school crap just to get him a few live reps? No thanks."

I know it's tough throwing to your first read and handing the ball off 40x a game

If the world was as simplistic as you paint/see it, he'd easily be starting right now. Like Kyle said from day 1, no rookie was going to come in here and beat Jimmy out and certainly not one as raw as Trey.

Enjoy the winning now because next year or 2023, there's going to be some natural tough sledding while he learns in-game and the 40K posts you'll accumulate on the need to start him now isn't going to change that.

He'll just flip/turn on him. Only a matter of time.

Oh no, they're invested. The "bias" Treyexcuses will be off the charts with justifications, sweeping generalizations, minimization, moving goal posts, etc.

The WZ will literally flip and it'll be fun to watch the low key inciting: "Hey guys! If Trey threw that pass half an inch more towards the corner of the EZ it would have been a TD. He just has to throw a better pass there...let's discuss for a week."
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:20 AM ]

Hey don't call out post counts NC....You got plenty yourself across the board, they just so happen to be in other threads. You got your diarrhea of the mouth on other topics all the same (mine just happens to be Lance and I admit that lol)

No it's not the simplistic, I get that. That's why I've stated he will have a maturation process because of lack of reps. Why is that such a taboo thing to say?

Jimmy is who he is, I'll root for him as long as he's in SF. IF he was as good as some in here constantly talk about, we wouldn't be talking about Lance or the handful of QBs we were attached to in the off season. It's the truth of it.

You have no idea what will happen next yr or 2023 as far as W/L go...I see a ton of running in the future and easy pass play progressions much like we currently do. Jimmy obviously knows more about the scheme being he's been here for 4 yrs. He's got his warts though and let's stop acting like he doesn't.
What about the COUNTLESS other times? There's history dude... Lots of it. edit: and yes I was exaggerating but not by a lot.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e

Yeah and in that search you will see YOURSELF talking about other QBs in other threads (like this one and the example you tried making up some b******t with) all the same.

There's a history with you and your short time here. We all see it.
Hey don't call out post counts NC....You got plenty yourself across the board, they just so happen to be in other threads. You got your diarrhea of the mouth on other topics all the same (mine just happens to be Lance and I admit that lol)

No it's not the simplistic, I get that. That's why I've stated he will have a maturation process because of lack of reps. Why is that such a taboo thing to say?

Jimmy is who he is, I'll root for him as long as he's in SF. IF he was as good as some in here constantly talk about, we wouldn't be talking about Lance or the handful of QBs we were attached to in the off season. It's the truth of it.

You have no idea what will happen next yr or 2023 as far as W/L go...I see a ton of running in the future and easy pass play progressions much like we currently do. Jimmy obviously knows more about the scheme being he's been here for 4 yrs. He's got his warts though and let's stop acting like he doesn't.

You'd hope so. I've been here since January 2004. LOL

There's nothing wrong with your take BUT you keep fighting it every step of the way. Trey will start Kyle when he feels he's ready. He's already moved on from just package plays. He's all in on Jimmy right now. 100%. That's the reality.

Like I said, sit back and enjoy the actual ride here because unless you're Mac Jones, the odds of Trey starting and winning a bunch of games that first year is slim, no matter how well he's set up. It's possible...just jot likely esp. as more and more film is viewed.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:41 AM ]

Yeah and in that search you will see YOURSELF talking about other QBs in other threads (like this one and the example you tried making up some b******t with) all the same.

There's a history with you and your short time here. We all see it.

Just pointing out blatant hypocrisy. Bama can't bring up Mac here when the two will be forever intertwined but you and Gore sure brought up Stafford and there's absolutely nothing intertwining the two. It's flat out double standard hypocrisy.

I'll leave it at that though. As unlike you with Stafford I don't care to derail though admittedly I have before.
Oh no, they're invested. The "bias" Treyexcuses will be off the charts with justifications, sweeping generalizations, minimization, moving goal posts, etc.

The WZ will literally flip and it'll be fun to watch the low key inciting: "Hey guys! If Trey threw that pass half an inch more towards the corner of the EZ it would have been a TD. He just has to throw a better pass there...let's discuss for a week."

Nope I said from day 1 I will be objective with Lance or whomever they have as the starter...go look it up NC. I said I will critical of him the same way I have been with Jimmy. The same way I was with Smith and Kap. Why would I not? Go look back at when we were looking for a HC.... I wanted McDaniels and to have him bring in Jimmy. I was pumped when Jimmy was traded here. We've now had years of evaluation of him and his play...enough to form an opinion on him. There's good and bad just like every player...some in here can't accept that or at least can't have a reasonable convo about it. It's either you hate or love him for the TreyDay posters in here. There's no gray area and it's impossible to have a sensible conversation with someone like that.

NC IMO you've been passive aggressive with your comments regarding Jimmy/Lance (and I don't mean that in a mean way, I'm more blunt about it) . We all know the undertones of who you want and didn't. Might as well just be upfront about it and open up to it...put your nuts on the table We're ALL wrong in here from time to time. I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong and there's legit proof of it. I've done it many of times and you know it!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:49 AM ]

There's nothing wrong with your take BUT you keep fighting it every step of the way. Kyle will start Trey when he feels he's ready. He's already moved on from just package plays. He's all in on Jimmy right now. 100%. That's the reality.

Like I said, sit back and enjoy the actual ride here because unless you're Mac Jones, the odds of Trey starting and winning a bunch of games that first year is slim, no matter how well he's set up. It's possible...just jot likely esp. as more and more film is viewed.

I'm just consistent in my stance...mostly I'm commenting off of certain posters who have said Lance needs to red shirt THEN say he's a bust because he's not playing. Can't have it both ways. This topic is more about how to develop a QB more than just about Lance.

I've accepted that this is the way Kyle is gonna go with Lance. Is what it is, it wasn't some secret. I've also made it very clear, that IMO Lance will need more time to play before he gets to the level of other rookies in 2022, for the simple fact that he hasn't played football in what will be over 2 yrs.

People keep tossing out Rogers/Mahomes and they have now come to expect Lance to be that his first year starting...and I'm saying hold the phone here, that's not fair to this kid. It's gonna be annoying as s**t to come into here next yr and listen to the b******t comments about him not being some super star right off the bat. YOU KNOW that's what will happen.

As far as Mac Jones, he wasn't gonna start here either. Where he landed was so vastly important to his early "success" toss him in NJ/DET/JAG and he's nowhere close to what he is in NE.
Just pointing out blatant hypocrisy. Bama can't bring up Mac here when the two will be forever intertwined but you and Gore sure brought up Stafford and there's absolutely nothing intertwining the two. It's flat out double standard hypocrisy.

I'll leave it at that though. As unlike you with Stafford I don't care to derail though admittedly I have before.

Stafford and Lance weren't intertwined lol? How were they not? BOTH had a real chance at being the starter in SF, there's proof of that.

And again you're the one that brought up Stafford and my name...you lied about it and I replied. You don't get to use that against me for anything like this.

I don't care about him anymore...he's not the QB in SF. Most of the comments about him now are replies from posts you and another guy still make about him. You don't care about him stop talking about him

Yes good idea leave it at that.

Nope I said from day 1 I will be objective with Lance or whomever they have as the starter...go look it up NC. I said I will critical of him the same way I have been with Jimmy. The same way I was with Smith and Kap. Why would I not? Go look back at when we were looking for a HC.... I wanted McDaniels and to have him bring in Jimmy. I was pumped when Jimmy was traded here. We've now had years of evaluation of him and his play...enough to form an opinion on him. There's good and bad just like every player...some in here can't accept that or at least can't have a reasonable convo about it. It's either you hate or love him for the TreyDay posters in here. There's no gray area and it's impossible to have a sensible conversation with someone like that.

NC IMO you've passive aggressive with your comments regarding Jimmy/Lance (and I don't mean that in a mean way, I'm more blunt about it) . We all know the undertones of who you want and didn't. Might as well just be upfront about it and open up to it...put your nuts on the table We're ALL wrong in here from time to time. I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong and there's legit proof of it. I've done it many of times and you know it!

I hope so! That'll certainly make it much more fun in here.

I'm never wrong. #BaalkeFTW
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 2, 2021 at 6:46 AM ]
I hope so! That'll certainly make it much more fun in here.

I'm never wrong. #BaalkeFTW

NC....Baalke for life

There's nothing wrong with your take BUT you keep fighting it every step of the way. Kyle will start Trey when he feels he's ready. He's already moved on from just package plays. He's all in on Jimmy right now. 100%. That's the reality.

I'm just consistent in my stance...mostly I'm commenting off of certain posters who have said Lance needs to red shirt THEN say he's a bust because he's not playing. Can't have it both ways. This topic is more about how to develop a QB more than just about Lance.

I've accepted that this is the way Kyle is gonna go with Lance. Is what it is, it wasn't some secret. I've also made it very clear, that IMO Lance will need more time to play before he gets to the level of other rookies in 2022, for the simple fact that he hasn't played football in what will be over 2 yrs.

People keep tossing out Rogers/Mahomes and they have now come to expect Lance to be that his first year starting...and I'm saying hold the phone here, that's not fair to this kid. It's gonna be annoying as s**t to come into here next yr and listen to the b******t comments about him not being some super star right off the bat. YOU KNOW that's what will happen.

As far as Mac Jones, he wasn't gonna start here either. Where he landed was so vastly important to his early "success" toss him in NJ/DET/JAG and he's nowhere close to what he is in NE.

I wouldn't quite say you're at the acceptance stage quite yet but you're getting there. We just have to hope it was the right original choice in the end.
Share 49ersWebzone