There are 218 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Translation: "I'm a pro's pro and then I gotta call some high school crap just to get him a few live reps? No thanks."

I know it's tough throwing to your first read and handing the ball off 40x a game

If the world was as simplistic as you paint/see it, he'd easily be starting right now. Like Kyle said from day 1, no rookie was going to come in here and beat Jimmy out and certainly not one as raw as Trey.

Enjoy the winning now because next year or 2023, there's going to be some natural tough sledding while he learns in-game and the 40K posts you'll accumulate on the need to start him now isn't going to change that.

Haha. Sounds like someone's afraid of their post count being outpaced.
I wouldn't quite say you're at the acceptance stage quite yet but you're getting there. We just have to hope it was the right original choice in the end.

Wrong I was fine with Jimmy starting week 1...again feel free to go look it up. I said once they gave Jimmy all that cash, it was him in 2021. Also that was never the thing I debated and somehow this topic turned into that. My point all along was about how to develop a QB. IMO giving the kid all the reps from day 1 is the best way to get him to where he needs to be. IMO he looks much different W5 vs AZ, if he was given all the starting snaps from day 1 vs tossing him in against the best team in football with a weeks worth of snaps (after getting nothing meaningful for 5+ months).

I said I thought after the bye Lance might be starting, but that would depend on Jimmy's play and if they were winning. I would say were were pretty close to changing the QBs up until the LA game.

Yes we will see how it goes, at this point it's Jimmy or bust rest of the season...it was always gonna setup like that when they retained his cap hit.
Originally posted by random49er:

never understood why posting a lot was regarded as a bad thing..."oohh you post a lot" damn man you really got me lol?
I wouldn't quite say you're at the acceptance stage quite yet but you're getting there. We just have to hope it was the right original choice in the end.

Wrong I was fine with Jimmy starting week 1...again feel free to go look it up. I said once they gave Jimmy all that cash, it was him in 2021. Also that was never the thing I debated and somehow this topic turned into that. My point all along was about how to develop a QB. IMO giving the kid all the reps from day 1 is the best way to get him to where he needs to be. IMO he looks much different W5 vs AZ, if he was given all the starting snaps from day 1 vs tossing him in against the best team in football with a weeks worth of snaps (after getting nothing meaningful for 5+ months).

I said I thought after the bye Lance might be starting, but that would depend on Jimmy's play and if they were winning. I would say were were pretty close to changing the QBs up until the LA game.

Yes we will see how it goes, at this point it's Jimmy or bust rest of the season...it was always gonna setup like that when they retained his cap hit.

How different did Wilson and Lawrence look in week 5 from week one? Even week 10?

Wrong I was fine with Jimmy starting week 1...again feel free to go look it up. I said once they gave Jimmy all that cash, it was him in 2021. Also that was never the thing I debated and somehow this topic turned into that. My point all along was about how to develop a QB. IMO giving the kid all the reps from day 1 is the best way to get him to where he needs to be. IMO he looks much different W5 vs AZ, if he was given all the starting snaps from day 1 vs tossing him in against the best team in football with a weeks worth of snaps (after getting nothing meaningful for 5 months).

You've been humbled in everything you stated as it ended up being the opposite. Just accept it. It's all good. We know you're a good dude
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
What about the COUNTLESS other times? There's history dude... Lots of it. edit: and yes I was exaggerating but not by a lot.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e

Yeah and in that search you will see YOURSELF talking about other QBs in other threads (like this one and the example you tried making up some b******t with) all the same.

There's a history with you and your short time here. We all see it.

Just pointing out blatant hypocrisy. Bama can't bring up Mac here when the two will be forever intertwined but you and Gore sure brought up Stafford and there's absolutely nothing intertwining the two. It's flat out double standard hypocrisy.

I'll leave it at that though. As unlike you with Stafford I don't care to derail though admittedly I have before.

Stafford's a former #1 overall pick and him and Jimmy's career #'s and overall respect in NFL circles are night and day. Their proven abilities QB wise just haven't been on the same level. You can ask Stafford to do more within an offense compared to Jimmy for their careers. Period.

Right now Stafford's dealing with some wear and tear and injuries while Jimmy's been playing fairly solid for the last several games but this does not completely change their careers up to this point and the fact that Stafford's simply always been a better player,...lol.

If Brady plays bad for 4 consecutive games do we take away his 7 rings,...or say it was all Belichick and Arians?

Stupid logic and unless you have a legit reply to dismiss what's been said,...stop forcing Stafford into threads.
What about the COUNTLESS other times? There's history dude... Lots of it. edit: and yes I was exaggerating but not by a lot.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e

Yeah and in that search you will see YOURSELF talking about other QBs in other threads (like this one and the example you tried making up some b******t with) all the same.

Just pointing out blatant hypocrisy. Bama can't bring up Mac here when the two will be forever intertwined but you and Gore sure brought up Stafford and there's absolutely nothing intertwining the two. It's flat out double standard hypocrisy.

I'll leave it at that though. As unlike you with Stafford I don't care to derail though admittedly I have before.

Stafford's a former #1 overall pick and him and Jimmy's career #'s and overall respect in NFL circles are night and day. Their proven abilities QB wise just haven't been on the same level. You can ask Stafford to do more within an offense compared to Jimmy for their careers. Period.

Right now Stafford's dealing with some wear and tear and injuries while Jimmy's been playing fairly solid for the last several games but this does not completely change their careers up to this point and the fact that Stafford's simply always been a better player,...lol.

If Brady plays bad for 4 consecutive games do we take away his 7 rings,...or say it was all Belichick and Arians?

Stupid logic and unless you have a legit reply to dismiss what's been said,...stop forcing Stafford into threads.
See

The Rams had more success with Goff.

Same ole Stafford.

You just wrote several paragraphs praising Stafford and making Mattscuses for his play.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 2, 2021 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
How different did Wilson and Lawrence look in week 5 from week one? Even week 10?

So you think they should have sat for a year? Do you think being on two of the worst teams in football doesn't play a part in it? context my dude. Also wilson has been hurt (so has Lawrence actually)
I see the same people again brining up Stafford again. If it's not Woo, it's TreyD. Both of their accounts go back and forth with the same crap. At least be more original if you're gonna be that weird to make an alt account.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Dec 2, 2021 at 7:33 AM ]

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You've been humbled in everything you stated as it ended up being the opposite. Just accept it. It's all good. We know you're a good dude

lol so you're saying I'm wrong about everything I've said in here since day 1? That's pretty mean dude and not accurate overall.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2021 at 7:34 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I see the same people again brining up Stafford again. If it's not Woo, it's TreyD. Both of their accounts go back and forth with the same crap. At least be more original if you're gonna be that weird to make an alt account.

LOL,people were accusing boast of being that guy last week.
You are one for reporting people, I am not but you are violating the rules with these attacks.

I didn't bring up Stafford, I commented when someone felt the need to White Knight for him.

The Rams record with Stafford speaks for itself. I am happy to have Trey and Jimmy over Stafford.

never understood why posting a lot was regarded as a bad thing..."oohh you post a lot" damn man you really got me lol?

Who cares, by some people posting a lot I get to know them. Some I look forward to reading others I don't. If you're posting on the Zone you will make stupid remarks at times, and others that make you say, "that was pretty cool".
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

But you know we're the ones that are "constantly" talking about him
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

The Rams record with Stafford speaks for itself. I am happy to have Trey and Jimmy over Stafford.

I'm fine with it as well...For me I don't like someone lying about me in regards to Stafford. The reality of it is he's the one talking about him, posting my name in his comment and all I'm doing is replying/defending myself over his childish embellished comment. THEN he's got the balls to say I'm the one posting about Stafford in here all the time lol.

WZ has become a pointing finger match, finding gotcha moments, and trying to disprove posters vs actually talking about football.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2021 at 7:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone