There are 202 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Who cares, by some people posting a lot I get to know them. Some I look forward to reading others I don't. If you're posting on the Zone you will make stupid remarks at times, and others that make you say, "that was pretty cool".

Yeah I don't care, just weird to use that as some bad thing about someone in a fan forum. Half these guys wouldn't talk like this if we were all sitting around having a beer talking 49ers.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I see the same people again brining up Stafford again. If it's not Woo, it's TreyD. Both of their accounts go back and forth with the same crap. At least be more original if you're gonna be that weird to make an alt account.

But you know we're the ones that are "constantly" talking about him

I wouldn't say that about you at all.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The Rams record with Stafford speaks for itself. I am happy to have Trey and Jimmy over Stafford.

I'm fine with it as well...For me don't like someone lying about me with Stafford... when in reality he's the one talking about it, posting my name in his comment and all I'm doing is replying/defending myself over his childish embellished comment.

I get where you are coming from, it was a weird reference.
I wouldn't say that about you at all.

I'm not talking about you
Just have the guts to say you were wrong. I was semi big on Darnold and I felt vindicated the first few weeks but I was way wrong about him being a good QB. It's not hard.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 7:51 AM ]

The WZ has become a pointing finger match, finding gotcha moments, and trying to disprove posters vs actually talking about football....is there another decent 49er fan forum? I might start checking that out at some point.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I see the same people again brining up Stafford again. If it's not Woo, it's TreyD. Both of their accounts go back and forth with the same crap. At least be more original if you're gonna be that weird to make an alt account.

LOL,people were accusing boast of being that guy last week.
You are one for reporting people, I am not but you are violating the rules with these attacks.

I didn't bring up Stafford, I commented when someone felt the need to White Knight for him.

The Rams record with Stafford speaks for itself. I am happy to have Trey and Jimmy over Stafford.

99% of the time when Stafford is brought up it's you and/or Trey. You guys constantly derail this thread or the Jimmy thread. Sorry that I think it's your alt since you both parrot the same talking points. Apologies for upsetting you and violating the rules lol.

The WZ has become a pointing finger match, finding gotcha moments, and trying to disprove posters vs actually talking about football....is there another decent 49er fan forum? I might start checking that out at some point.

Agree, and I have admitting fallen into that behavior as well.

We need to give each other room to change opinions as data changes and to recognize nuance in our positions.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Just remember, the year to develop is fine, but what's almost unbelievable, is that he has only started 27 football games in his life at qb from high school and above:
9 in Minnesota high school
17 in 3 years at NDSU
1 in the NFL
Thats not even in a timespan, that's his whole life. He hasn't even played two seasons in a row as a starting qb in his life. The kid has to play. It's that simple.
There is a decent chance he isn't consistent enough from the pocket that he simply can't play in the league. He has tools but no experience, relatively speaking.

It was a ballsy pick, Trey haters and lovers alike can acknowledge that.

I liken it to an NBA team picking a college freshman, all the talent is there, none of the seasoning.

For me it makes sense, playing QB anywhere other than the NFL means jack squat, it's practically a different sport, it's only good for helping you to evaluate those who might succeed.

It's all about the work ethic, mental acumen and talent of the kid, and Trey has them in spades.

After that you just need coaching and a supporting cast, again we have that.

Trey will be great, I'm convinced of it.

Agree, and I have admitting fallen into that behavior as well.

We need to give each other room to change opinions as data changes and to recognize nuance in our positions.

I just believe in accountability. These guys spent thousands of post, literally thousands downplaying Jimmy for everything and never giving him an ounce of positive outlook while propping up Stafford, Cousins, hell Carr even. Not every once in a while, A lot... Even going as far as stupid "Jimmy cat throw 15 yards" just to flat out troll and hate.

Now that Jimmy is playing like many of us were proven right and spend thousands of post sticking up for him, these guys have completely changed their stance and act like they never were the guys who were negative everyday. Negative abd flat out WRONG. They pretend like posters(I wasn't a member) didn't spend a lot of time arguing their stance about Stafford and how he was a huge upgrade. They pretend like it never happened. It did though. They were wrong and should be called out.

I mean I remember reading these guys posting rankings of all other QBs yet they lie that they talked about these other guys to the point it was gross and completely made the place unreadable at times. Like dissecting a single throw for a week.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:07 AM ]

No this is the best one. My mother was dragged through the mud on multiple occasions in ninernation
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You've been humbled in everything you stated as it ended up being the opposite. Just accept it. It's all good. We know you're a good dude

lol so you're saying I'm wrong about everything I've said in here since day 1? That's pretty mean dude and not accurate overall.
not everything.. but you make it seem that you supported our QB when all year you were really against him. now it's a back pedal with saying you were fine with it. you really weren't is all i'm saying. it's ok to be wrong sometimes. heck I've lost confidence in him (even in this current streak). Every pass play i feel myself holding my breath... very different than the way i felt a couple years ago.

but don't be discouraged. The way we had to deal with your posts about jimmy , we will have to deal with others about Trey.. It's just the WZ nature.. This is the way

I know you will keep up the good fight and always provide the great info you always do
You've been humbled in everything you stated as it ended up being the opposite. Just accept it. It's all good. We know you're a good dude

lol so you're saying I'm wrong about everything I've said in here since day 1? That's pretty mean dude and not accurate overall.
not everything.. but you make it seem that you supported our QB when all year you were really against him. now it's a back pedal with saying you were fine with it. you really weren't is all i'm saying. it's ok to be wrong sometimes. heck I've lost confidence in him (even in this current streak). Every pass play i feel myself holding my breath... very different than the way i felt a couple years ago.

but don't be discouraged. The way we had to deal with your posts about jimmy , we will have to deal with others about Trey.. It's just the WZ nature.. This is the way

I know you will keep up the good fight and always provide the great info you always do

Yup.. after the Colts game I was pretty bitter about him and was ready for Trey myself. He has since found the Jimmy of old. The guy many argued he could be and is. Great? No, but at times yeah. Good. Yeah he's a good QB. Imagine how much better this place would've been if guys like Gore and NY could've just said that instead of constantly argue he is not and constantly be extremely negative. Gore was even extremely bitter after we beat Chicago.

Quit denying it, and just own it. I've been wrong myself.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:14 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
One reason Kyle drafted QBs the way he did in 2021 is he looks at the class. On 2021, he's been looking at that particular class for years and knew it was a particularly strong QB class.

This 2021 QB class was particularly talented. A lot of variables go into the making of a franchise QB. When Joe lost Fred, and had Jeff Moore as his RB, he went 3-6. When he got back Fred and got Wendell Tyler, Joe went 15-1. it will most likely be similar with Trey (I'm not predicting he's the next gold jacked wearer for the 49ers) but if you build a good team around Trey, surround him with the best players, you will have a good QB.

Kyle chose Trey based on his experiences with QBs. When no one was looking at Jimmy, he already wanted Jimmy. ShanaLynch even tried to trade for him but was rejected before Belicheck basically gave him to the 49ers. So i have confidence that Trey is a franchise QB, simply because Kyle is also that confident - that Trey is one. He can also be *wrong* - but only time will tell at this point.

If Trey would have stayed in college, unless there was some massive regression or injury....he would have been the #1QB in this upcoming draft, possibly the #1 pick and a Detroit Lion

The foundation for Lance is elite. His skill set is what you want in todays NFL QB...but the intangibles are also sky high. He's smart as f**k, a film junkie, and straight up loves playing QB. He's not some self-absorbed cocky kid. His humble and a leader. He WANTS to get better. Everything I've read about the kid backs up all that. He's come from a good home and has a chip on his shoulder. He wasn't given anything. I'll bet on all that.

The only thing he's missing is reps....there will be a maturation process because of that. It's literally the same thing as Josh Allen. I'm not saying he will be him, but their paths from HS to the NFL are very similar. Their skill sets are similar. What they both needed to improve upon is very similar. I actually think Lance has a better base of what to work off of, then Josh coming into the league.... BUT Josh needed REPS.

As long as we have a good team and coaching around Lance, those "bad" reps will only help him improve. The team around him can help with the growing process & SF will still win games.

Fans need to realize all this, a lot will get it and as we've seen in here a lot of people won't. It's all about instant gratification now. It seems like some almost want him to fail for their own selfish reasons. Weird stuff. People judging him off nothing is a dumb way to go about it. Kids gotta play football and not just a game or two...he needs a lot of it, but if fans and Lance can weather the storm of up and down play, he's got a chance to be a damn good QB with this team.

Agree on your point that if Lance played more, he'd be neck and neck with Trevor Lawrence for the first pick/first round spot. Covid came at the right time for Trey and the 49ers, just like Jimmy's injury came at the right time for Bosa.

I think sitting Trey benefits him and the team in a lot of ways. Team can shoot for a playoff spot, and Trey gets to see how a NFL QB handles himself in front of the press, how he practices, his mindset and attitude, how he takes care of his body (or how not to take care of his body -- I'm disturbed by how he's sliding the same way Jimmy is, and that he's taking on Linebackers the same way Jimmy is). I also don't think he'll start out with a lot of struggling (by that I mean a lot of losses) because if you surround Trey with a good team, he can go directly into the playoffs. Dak Prescott would be my example of that.

The hardest thing about intangibles is there's no stats for those. You have to look at the play. Jimmy has a ton of intangibles, just by looking at what he does on the field and in given situations (2019 games in New Orleans, Steelers etc...) But from what I've seen of him - he has the most needed intangibles vs a guy like Johnny Manziel. I'm confident he can continue to develop from the Neck up.

As for Reps, he's getting them now. And at a very high level vs his collegiate days. Technically speaking, Trey would still be in school getting reps at North Dakota State (if he didn't submit for the 2021 NFL draft) vs live reps against elite athletes in the NFL at 4949 Marie P. Debartolo Way. In practice they can stop play and go over the mistakes a lot easier than in a real live game. All in all, I'm confident we'll see Jimmy's mind in a Trey Lance body. That's what Kyle wanted and I think that's what Kyle is shooting for by drafting Trey. If we can get two number 1 picks for Jimmy, even better -- but for that to happen -- Jimmy's got to win the super bowl.

Trey developing beyond Jimmy. Trey's athleticism is so sky high - and if you look at Kyle's run game now, it ain't nuthin' yet once Trey's the QB 1. That run game is going to be so devastating because of the creativity of Kyle, the presence of Mitchell, and the development of that OLine. That OLine isn't the same OLine that we had back in 2017 for sure. 3rd and short will be impossible to stop. I remember the '94 49ers averaging almost 6 yards per play. I think the Trey offense can go beyond that level.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Yup.. after the Colts game I was pretty bitter about him and was ready for Trey myself. He has since found the Jimmy of old. The guy many argued he could be and is. Great? No, but at times yeah. Good. Yeah he's a good QB. Imagine how much better this place would've been if guys like Gore and NY could've just said that instead of constantly argue he is not and constantly be extremely negative. Gore was even extremely bitter after we beat Chicago.
i get what they are saying, i see it also. but i don't get the need to nit pick or troll when we're winning (not you NY)...

Shoot back in the Dark days.. this place had a lot of positivity when we couldn't win a game lol
Share 49ersWebzone