There are 200 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I see it's only ok for you to do it. Every day. Just glad you realize how annoying it is. Every day.

You're lying and exaggerating like you do everyday in here....posters see what you're doing, it's old and stale.

I was responding to YOUR comment about Stafford in here, trying to call me out for something I'm not.

Grow up kid. Go argue with someone on facebook who actually gives a f**k.
What about the COUNTLESS other times? There's history dude... Lots of it. edit: and yes I was exaggerating but not by a lot.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/search.php?search=adb8c95ccf94a95e94be4221854f3c7e

When I click on the link this is what I get:

Soooo...exactly what was posting this link supposed to help prove?
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:24 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
Have you guys considered that Trey is ready to play, but Kyle is sticking to his guns by not starting him? I firmly believe in statistics and we're averaging 26 pts per game. That's pretty decent and we've had some duds in there (10 pts against AZ, 17 against Eagles, 18 against Colts). I THINK we can still average that 26 pts per game under Trey, but Kyle may not see the value in that right now. What's the point while you have Jimmy with a massive contract who is playing pretty good meanwhile Trey can sit and learn. I think if Jimmy were averaging us 17-20 a game Trey would come in.

I think Trey *can* play, but I don't think Trey is *ready* to play at a championship level. There will be differences in how Trey and Jimmy throw, how they see things, and so on, and these differences can affect play at the highest level. I think keeping Jimmy and having Trey watch is the best for the team and for Trey. Again, if you want a Championship THIS year, you have to play Jimmy. Trey will just have to wait.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:
Have you guys considered that Trey is ready to play, but Kyle is sticking to his guns by not starting him? I firmly believe in statistics and we're averaging 26 pts per game. That's pretty decent and we've had some duds in there (10 pts against AZ, 17 against Eagles, 18 against Colts). I THINK we can still average that 26 pts per game under Trey, but Kyle may not see the value in that right now. What's the point while you have Jimmy with a massive contract who is playing pretty good meanwhile Trey can sit and learn. I think if Jimmy were averaging us 17-20 a game Trey would come in.

Yeah I mean there's no point to playing Lance right now...We're 3rd in total offensive DVOA . Jimmy is playing decent football right now and we're winning.

If the loses were still coming Lance more than likely would have been starting at this point...Jimmy has a $.7.5M injury gtd for 2022, so if he got real hurt and wasn't cleared by April, SF is on the hook for that cash. None of that matter if they're winning.

That's the ultimate stat for a coach. Wins and losses. As long as the team is winning, *nothing* matters.
I can't wait until he earns the starting job. His fundamentals are solid and his speed is deceptive. Just needs to orchestrate Kyle's offense the way Kyle wants and display his god given talent when the opportunity allows it.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
I see the same people again brining up Stafford again. If it's not Woo, it's TreyD. Both of their accounts go back and forth with the same crap. At least be more original if you're gonna be that weird to make an alt account.

LOL,people were accusing boast of being that guy last week.
You are one for reporting people, I am not but you are violating the rules with these attacks.

Well since you're bringing up rules and attacks,...would making up quotes posters have never said over and over to gaslight responses not attacking and a violation of the rules?

Just wondering.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not everything.. but you make it seem that you supported our QB when all year you were really against him. now it's a back pedal with saying you were fine with it. you really weren't is all i'm saying. it's ok to be wrong sometimes. heck I've lost confidence in him (even in this current streak). Every pass play i feel myself holding my breath... very different than the way i felt a couple years ago.

but don't be discouraged. The way we had to deal with your posts about jimmy , we will have to deal with others about Trey.. It's just the WZ nature.. This is the way

I know you will keep up the good fight and always provide the great info you always do

Not true at all…what am I backpacking about? Overall my stance at QB was our starter was avg and overpaid. I said this off season was the time to try and upgrade/add competition and they did. I have never said Jimmy blows.

I never said straight up cut Jimmy unless we had a viable vet QB. I said Jimmy would be the W1 starter (go look it up). My whole issue with him was his cap hit this yr and the team trying to get him to take a pay cut to help the overall roster in 2021. Once he was on the week 1 roster, none it mattered and they made their bed with Jimmy as the starter in W1. I said I didn't want Lance to play in a couple ZR package plays this yr…if the team was failing I wanted him to play in legit drop back passing plays, stuff he actually needs reps at.

As far as Lance & my take with him playing…it was more of a philosophy on how to develop a young rookie QB. I still don't believe that the best thing for him is to sit and not play for another yr, when he needs to play football more than anyone.

That's what it's been for months with me and the QBs in SF. I'll root for whomever is taking snaps.
Originally posted by random49er:

I was wondering the same thing but don't really care that much anymore

I was wondering the same thing but don't really care that much anymore

Stafford looked to be getting back into a rhythm,...we're not hoping he does because we don't like the Rams.
Stafford has proven in the past that he's clearly been the better QB. See what he was traded for, see Manning's comments about him when we faced the Rams (b4 slaughtering them), et. al. He's had far and away the more respectable career.

But no one here guaranteed Stafford would stay healthy or go on to get even better or have sustained greatness at an age where most QBs have long ago retired. This was an argument about how a rookie QB will do in the future, this was about the past. And it's plenty verified.

If there is something new, by all means, post it.

But if TreyDey and TheWooLick have nothing more to add regarding Stafford, I'd just ask them to stop bringing Stafford up from here forward. It goes nowhere and derails threads (which is probably the point I guess, as it looks like an excuse to derail threads?)
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:49 AM ]
Yup.. after the Colts game I was pretty bitter about him and was ready for Trey myself. He has since found the Jimmy of old. The guy many argued he could be and is. Great? No, but at times yeah. Good. Yeah he's a good QB. Imagine how much better this place would've been if guys like Gore and NY could've just said that instead of constantly argue he is not and constantly be extremely negative. Gore was even extremely bitter after we beat Chicago.

Quit denying it, and just own it. I've been wrong myself.

What are you even talking about? So we aren't allowed to talk about/criticize our $100M QB for not playing consistent football? All I've ever said is he's an avg starting QB and nothing has really changed there. He has a couple good moments and head scratchers…which equals avg QB play over the grand scheme of it. He's not consistent and that matters when you're paying him to be.

there's nothing to deny, I've said the same s**t before you were even in here….you read one sentence of criticism and you think it's hating. It's annoying as f**k with the made up embellishments and constantly having to correct you/defend myself.
Stafford looked to be getting back into a rhythm,...we're not hoping he does because we don't like the Rams.
Stafford has proven in the past that he's clearly been the better QB. See what he was traded for, see Manning's comments about him when we faced the Rams (b4 slaughtering them), et. al. He's had far and away the more respectable career.

But no one here guaranteed Stafford would go on to greatness. This was an argument about how a rookie QB will do in the future, this was about the past. And it's plenty verified.

But if TreyDey and TheWooLick have nothing more to add regarding Stafford, I'd just ask them to stop bringing Stafford up from here forward. It goes nowhere and derails threads (which is probably the point I guess, as it looks like an excuse to derail threads?)

I don't need to talk about him anymore and overall haven't been. Let's all move on

But no one here guaranteed Stafford would go on to greatness. This was an argument about how a rookie QB will do in the future, this was about the past. And it's plenty verified.

I added all I have to say about him in my three line reply to your manifesto about how great he is.
not everything.. but you make it seem that you supported our QB when all year you were really against him. now it's a back pedal with saying you were fine with it. you really weren't is all i'm saying. it's ok to be wrong sometimes. heck I've lost confidence in him (even in this current streak). Every pass play i feel myself holding my breath... very different than the way i felt a couple years ago.

but don't be discouraged. The way we had to deal with your posts about jimmy , we will have to deal with others about Trey.. It's just the WZ nature.. This is the way

I know you will keep up the good fight and always provide the great info you always do

Not true at all…what am I backpacking about? Overall my stance at QB was our starter was avg and overpaid. I said this off season was the time to try and upgrade/add competition and they did. I have never said Jimmy blows.

I never said straight up cut Jimmy unless we had a viable vet QB. I said Jimmy would be the W1 starter (go look it up). My whole issue with him was his cap hit this yr and the team trying to get him to take a pay cut to help the overall roster in 2021. Once he was on the week 1 roster, none it mattered and they made their bed with Jimmy as the starter in W1. I said I didn't want Lance to play in a couple ZR package plays this yr…if the team was failing I wanted him to play in legit drop back passing plays, stuff he actually needs reps at.

As far as Lance & my take with him playing…it was more of a philosophy on how to develop a young rookie QB. I still don't believe that the best thing for him is to sit and not play for another yr, when he needs to play football more than anyone.

That's what it's been for months with me and the QBs in SF. I'll root for whomever is taking snaps.
i never said cut, i said supported like how you are saying you did. i don't really want to list anything as i'm not trying drag you here.

as for developing, everyone agrees playing time helps. i think everyone agrees sitting helps

but to start developing a rookie with a team that can go very far in the post season when you have a QB that has already helped take us to the SB is not the right move
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I added all I have to say about him in my three line reply to your manifesto about how great he is.

So every QB that's had a better career and shown to be a better player in their prime than Jimmy is great?

Nevertheless, let's see how long you can keep this promise. You went over the rules with someone a page or two ago. Just wondered if making up quotes from posters that don't exist over and over and cant be found is against the rules too?

I wouldn't throw the rules in someone else's face when you constantly break them as others are trying to discuss the team and stay on whatever the topic is.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:57 AM ]
So every QB that's had a better career and shown to be a better player in their prime than Jimmy is great?

Nevertheless see how long you can keep this promise. You went over the rules with someone a page or two ago. Just wondered if making up quotes from posters that don't exist over and over and cant be found is against the rules too?

I wouldn't throw the rules in someone else's face when you constantly break them as others are trying to discuss the team and stay on whatever the topic is.

Not at all.

I don't recall promising anyone anything.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 2, 2021 at 8:57 AM ]
i never said cut, i said supported like how you are saying you did. i don't really want to list anything as i'm not trying drag you here.

as for developing, everyone agrees playing time helps. i think everyone agrees sitting helps

but to start developing a rookie with a team that can go very far in the post season when you have a QB that has already helped take us to the SB is not the right move

What do you mean support? I've said I'll support/root for whomever is the starting QB in SF…Again you can go find me saying that multiple times. What do you think I'm doing on game day? Actively rooting for Jimmy to suck and hope we lose lol? Come on man.

We have no idea what this team is or isn't…yes they won 3 games, they also lost 4 out of 5 games at one point as well.
Share 49ersWebzone