Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Kids say the funniest things.

Sorry- I thought CH said that. Delete
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 3, 2021 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sounds like there is a lot of value in running the scout team, according to McDaniel. Last week, Trey got to work and improve on being a pocket QB while emulating Cousins. And this week in preparation for RW, trey gets to do the same while also incorporating his athletic abilities. Also gets the benefit of getting different defensive looks.

Not just that, but he's also calling the plays with our playbooks verbiage.

It's helping obviously, but it still doesn't beat getting real playing time. But I've been on the sit him for a year and let him learn the playbook bandwagon.
Right in front of Lance's future FIL too, the disrespect!
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Sounds like there is a lot of value in running the scout team, according to McDaniel. Last week, Trey got to work and improve on being a pocket QB while emulating Cousins. And this week in preparation for RW, trey gets to do the same while also incorporating his athletic abilities. Also gets the benefit of getting different defensive looks.

Not just that, but he's also calling the plays with our playbooks verbiage.

It's helping obviously, but it still doesn't beat getting real playing time. But I've been on the sit him for a year and let him learn the playbook bandwagon.

Obviously nothing beats real live reps, but it's good for laying the groundwork for running an offense in a pro system, without having his mistakes cost games and ruin his confidence.

There was always a lot to gain from sitting a while before being thrown in to the wolves. Coaching staff is confirming that notion.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Peter King has a good point about keeping Jimmy because Trey is still an unknown, but I think they will trade Jimmy. I think they have enough (or will have enough information) by the end of this season to see what the probabilities are of Trey's extrapolated improvement at the QB position. I think after 2022 training camp and before pre-season is a likely time for a trade - *if* the 49er brain trust thinks Trey is ready. If not, they have the option of keeping Jimmy for another year and basically signing Deebo (and maybe one other free agent to a big contract) but not more than that - because they are going to be up against the cap in 2022.
We don't even know how the season will play out. All the trade or keeping Jimmy speculation is silly. Stuff changes quick in the NFL. As evidenced by this season lol

*knocks on wood* Jimmy could crash and burn the rest of the season, or God forbid, gets injured again and never sees the field again in 9er Jersey.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Peter King has a good point about keeping Jimmy because Trey is still an unknown, but I think they will trade Jimmy. I think they have enough (or will have enough information) by the end of this season to see what the probabilities are of Trey's extrapolated improvement at the QB position. I think after 2022 training camp and before pre-season is a likely time for a trade - *if* the 49er brain trust thinks Trey is ready. If not, they have the option of keeping Jimmy for another year and basically signing Deebo (and maybe one other free agent to a big contract) but not more than that - because they are going to be up against the cap in 2022.
The only way Jimmy stays, is him taking a huge pay cut so we can keep/add good player and not bodies.

If we trade, we would need to trade before the draft when his value will be the highest.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
The only way Jimmy stays, is him taking a huge pay cut so we can keep/add good player and not bodies.

If we trade, we would need to trade before the draft when his value will be the highest.

Lance & JG to New England for Mac Jones, Kendrick Bourne and New England's first rounder. Just to see the WZ reaction.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Lance & JG to New England for Mac Jones, Kendrick Bourne and New England's first rounder. Just to see the WZ reaction.

This. My dream scenario since we drafted Lance has been for Jimmy to take a pay cut and stay. He'd be among, if not the best backup in the league. It'll be interesting for sure. I really don't see him having the same success elsewhere, but definitely deserves the shot to try.

This. My dream scenario since we drafted Lance has been for Jimmy to take a pay cut and stay. He'd be among, if not the best backup in the league. It'll be interesting for sure. I really don't see him having the same success elsewhere, but definitely deserves the shot to try.

Lol Jimmy is not taking a pay cut to be a backup when there's going to be decent amount of openings at starting qb money
Garoppolo is not going to be here next season. Even if we manage to win the SB with him.

They're trying to drive up his trade value. Simple as that.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think Jimmy will do well in any Shanahan style offense, or based on a short passing and heavy run kind of offense. I don't foresee Jimmy taking any pay cut, even if he is one and done in the playoffs. I think he'll have a market somewhere. It would be great if we could keep *both* Jimmy and Trey, but the cap really has ended that kind of thing a long time ago.

Trey (on occasion) looked good when he's played. He just needs to know the offense and get better such that he can string those good plays together in a more consistent manner. Right now he's so inconsistent. Hopefully one more year and one more offseason will get him to where they can start playing him more - so as NY85 is adamant about - get him more in-game reps.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

I can see Mac getting there because he is about football and nothing else. No social media posts during the season while we got Lance doing photo shoots for anyone who asks.

Mac is all football.... clearly

Ever heard of TB12?

Key word is "through attorney". It can't take that much time to tell attorney file a trademark for MJ10.

but it was almost a good "gotcha moment" that NY likes to bring up often lol

MAc IS ALl FOoTbALL

Yeah your right Mac had no part in this...he never discussed it and never helped with the branding of himself

and he's also posting insta stories of NO BULL athletic clothing...but you know Lance is the only one that does s**t like that. ya'll make me laugh with the trash takes. Players should be allowed to make money outside of football...I don't hate Mac for that, Bama is being hypocritical for no god damn reason outside of trolling on anything he can find about lance. It's pretty pathetic at this point.

Relax take a deep breath. Bama is really good at getting to you guys. lol

you believe players should be allowed to make money off their likeness, I agree. The attorney handles all the filling and paper work crap. Mac is not going to the courthouse submitting paperwork lol yeah they discuss it but I'm sure he discusses a billion other things on his own time. It's reaching.

Although, I do agree it's probably not the right move to make at the time because of the negative attention it's bringing and detracting from their wins.

just like I don't want my players going to basketball games and all up in social media, etc in middle of a losing streak and what appeared to be no end in sight.

But, it that's just a preference of mine. They are grown adults and can do what they want on their own time.

Still can't believe Trey was frolicking around town at the Giants game after tearing his knee up in his one start.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Garoppolo is not going to be here next season. Even if we manage to win the SB with him.

They're trying to drive up his trade value. Simple as that.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone