There are 170 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by genus49:
Garoppolo is not going to be here next season. Even if we manage to win the SB with him.

They're trying to drive up his trade value. Simple as that.

I disagree there, if we win the 6th there's no way Jimmy is traded. We'd push everything a year down the line. Sign Moseley and maybe DJ to future loaded deals, let the rest walk and wait and see if we repeat.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Still can't believe Trey was frolicking around town at the Giants game after tearing his knee up in his one start.

LoL, minor knee sprain and you shouldn't go build chemistry with your team. I wonder how many of your Trey posts you actually believe, for your sake I hope it's less than 50%.
Still can't believe Trey was frolicking around town at the Giants game after tearing his knee up in his one start.

Does your Mum know you're using her commputer
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Garoppolo is not going to be here next season. Even if we manage to win the SB with him.

I disagree there, if we win the 6th there's no way Jimmy is traded. We'd push everything a year down the line. Sign Moseley and maybe DJ to future loaded deals, let the rest walk and wait and see if we repeat.

What if we get offered a 1st? I think they trade him if we get a first.
Originally posted by mayo49:

depends on how he plays, if he played like in the 2019 playoffs and we win it all then its a no brainer.

It's ok to disagree but you saw the team trade Buckner after 2019. A guy who is one of the best at his position in the prime of his career with no injury history.

why? Because the team realized their best way to keep a good team together is by moving him and using the money and draft picks to add to the roster.

There are a ton of free agents on this team and many around the league signed 1 year deals which means free agency this year will be pretty epic. Keeping Lance on the bench for so long is not a smart move for his growth or the best way to field a strong team.

It's not just Jimmy's play at stake here. It's his contract. Shave off 27 million dollars and suddenly you can make some serious moves in free agency and extend your key players to build around the young QB…while also adding needed draft capital you lost by trading up for the young kid.

I get that Trey is young but eventually he needs to play. Keeping Jimmy for the money he's making next year is absolutely not going to happen. It makes no business sense.
Originally posted by mayo49:

If we can get a first for Jimmy that would be a miracle. I'd be thrilled with a 2nd rounder. An Alex Smith like deal would be very welcomed as well.

Since it looks like Trey is sitting this year, every 49er fan should hope Jimmy plays his best football the rest of this season. It would mean we're likely winning and his trade value goes up.

It's ok to disagree but you saw the team trade Buckner after 2019. A guy who is one of the best at his position in the prime of his career with no injury history.

why? Because the team realized their best way to keep a good team together is by moving him and using the money and draft picks to add to the roster.

There are a ton of free agents on this team and many around the league signed 1 year deals which means free agency this year will be pretty epic. Keeping Lance on the bench for so long is not a smart move for his growth or the best way to field a strong team.

It's not just Jimmy's play at stake here. It's his contract. Shave off 27 million dollars and suddenly you can make some serious moves in free agency and extend your key players to build around the young QB…while also adding needed draft capital you lost by trading up for the young kid.

I get that Trey is young but eventually he needs to play. Keeping Jimmy for the money he's making next year is absolutely not going to happen. It makes no business sense.

Oh I've been in the Trey to start camp from Day 1, and think at all points playing is best for his particular development in particular.

Granted we traded Buckner, but I highly doubt we trade a Superbowl winning QB.

The business side of things isn't really an issue next year with his contract, the big bucks are coming with Bosa and Deebo, but we'd just kick them down the line a year. Sure we have a ton of Free Agents, but Tartt, Verrett, K'Wann could all be sacrificed if necessary, we've invested in the youth, we'll just have to run with them.

That said I think it's moot, we're probably playing Superbowl caliber football right now, but we aren't a Superbowl caliber roster, to win it from the 5th, 6th seed likely means having to play 3 perfect road games and then the show, with huge holes at CB and RT.

Ew
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Ew

Ew what? You want him here next year?

LoL, minor knee sprain and you shouldn't go build chemistry with your team. I wonder how many of your Trey posts you actually believe, for your sake I hope it's less than 50%.

So then he's soft. That caused him to miss 2.5 weeks

Ew

Not exactly. Just not a Lance fan and the thought of him being the starting QB scares me.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think we can sign Deebo and keep Jimmy without too much of a problem - and go into the offseason with some good cap space to sign good free agents to fill the holes in this team. However, signing *both* Deebo and Bosa without letting Jimmy go is going to be a challenge. If Deebo is 18 million, Bosa's numbers will be (I think) around 10+ million or maybe more.

I think AB said in 2022 we're only about 12 million under the cap.

Ew

Not exactly. Just not a Lance fan and the thought of him being the starting QB scares me.

Well I hate to break it to you but it's happening. So either switch teams, take a break or hope for the best.

Ew

Well I hate to break it to you but it's happening. So either switch teams, take a break or hope for the best.

Im well aware of that lol
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 4, 2021 at 8:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone