Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 243 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pretty confident that Trey could've had this team at 6-6 as the starting QB.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He would get stuffed at the goal line anyway.

Yeah maybe, then the results would've been the same as a tipped pass at the line of scrimmage with Jimmy
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Silky:
I actually think we're in a good spot to start Trey. Screw all the "let Jimmy play to see if we can get a good draft pick!" I got news for you all...we ain't getting a good pick for him. ...

.... Jimmy had to win out to salvage a second round pick and that didn't happen. I'm not certain we beat the bengals and certainly not the rams for round 2. It's a win-win for Trey to finish the season imo.

Maybe im over reacting. I don't know. I'm a Jimmy guy so it's hard for me to move on from him. I just don't see the benefit in letting him finish the season. There would be no expectations for Trey if he were to finish the season. Any good he would do is a bonus. They should just make something up like Jimmy has covid or anal herpes to save face. If we say he's too sick to finish the season and not call it a "benching," we could get that third for him possibly.
[ Edited by Silky on Dec 6, 2021 at 5:24 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Absolutely this, we'll never know how Trey would look at this point, but it's definitely the way I'd have liked to go.

It's too late now, but we can wait.

You would be lucky to be 1 - 11.
Might be time to play Trey now...

Trey can hand the ball off like Jimmy! Just as good!!
Aaaaaand his passes don't get picked caus he throws the ball 150mph!!!!!
Trey is careful with the football and should not turn it over like bad JG we just saw

If Trey starts we are a run team that grinds the opponent down.

Basically the same style we already win with.

The only question is can Trey convert the 3rd downs consistently.
Originally posted by socal1632:
Aaaaaand his passes don't get picked caus he throws the ball 150mph!!!!!

even if sarcasm that's a valid point lmao

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Trey is careful with the football and should not turn it over like bad JG we just saw

And you know this how exactly, based on his college tape? I seem to recall that Lance had his share of picks and "turnover worthy" plays in pre-season, which is no slam on him, it's just life in the NFL after coming from a Division II school and not being used to the coverages the big boys have to offer. Also, for those saying that Lance could also have been 6-6 as a starting QB, yeah, maybe, but that is also something that lives in the realm of the completely unknowable and unproveable and is based on nothing but speculation. It certainly isn't evident based on his one start against the Cardinals. Again, I have no issue with Lance. I hope he turns out to be great, but the degree of magical thinking that has evolved around him since he was drafted is really quite astounding.
Virtually zero film on him. It just might be enough to get us in the playoffs (Kaepernick-effect).
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

if we can only go by the film we have on him in an actual NFL game, we can see that he had rookie jitters all over with a mix of good plays and bad, yet still kept his team in the game against the team who currently has the best record in the whole league. He's gonna be fine.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Virtually zero film on him. It just might be enough to get us in the playoffs (Kaepernick-effect).

I want to see Trey but at this point they are still in the playoff hunt. I don't see Kyle turning over the team to a QB with so little experience. I know he could try it and go back to JG if it didn't work but the message it would send to the team isn't good.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 6, 2021 at 8:16 AM ]
This season is lost. Even if we make the playoffs it will be one and out. Play the kid. Give him the experience and reduce the timeframe for the pains that come with a rookie qb. It's not rocket science when you have a poor starting Qb. Jimmy is done. For the love of god lets move on to the future.
Share 49ersWebzone