Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 234 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Who's fault is it that it's been a month Kyle you fake ass piece of s**t? This was an important game.

I'm losing patience with all this spinning from Kyle lately just to not hurt Jimmy's feelings.

Again you want to b******t, you'll get treated like a b******ter.

He lost faith in Tr_EXCUSES Lance. Kid doesn't know the playbook and can't run the plays effectively. That's why he doesn't see the field. He's not ready. If he could play he would.
Jimmy g sucks
Originally posted by Method:
Jimmy g sucks

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He lost faith in Tr_EXCUSES Lance. Kid doesn't know the playbook and can't run the plays effectively. That's why he doesn't see the field. He's not ready. If he could play he would.

do you get paid to troll?
Originally posted by evil:

Who's fault is it that it's been a month Kyle you fake ass piece of s**t? This was an important game.

I'm losing patience with all this spinning from Kyle lately just to not hurt Jimmy's feelings.

To be fair, your post assumes Kyle is being fake with why he hasn't played TL and that he is spinning to not hurt JGs feelers.

So it appears that you are doing exactly what you accuse him of, b******tting.

Trey hasn't got ONE snap in a meaningful moment since Jimmy made some comment about it effecting his rhythm. The only snap he got was when we had a blowout lead, and we were running out the clock.

Trey has shown the moment hasn't been too big for him in goal line situations, be it running it in for a TD... or by passing the ball for a TD.

So why would he all the sudden stop doing that? It's not like our offense has been a power house every qtr since Trey got back from injury.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Do you see him on the field playing and making plays? Because I don't. They don't even play him anymore.

Show me. Don't tell me.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I think it is more this: the whole reason to even keep Jimmy on the team after drafting Lance was to have another dominant run like 2019 with a QB who knows the system. Make a deep playoff run with Jimmy as one last hurrah and then ship him off for a first rounder, making the capital used to get Lance a little more palatable. There is no situation where a team trades away that much draft capital for a QB if they thought the current QB on the roster was the dude to take the team into the future. Keeping Jimmy was a gamble the entire time in an effort to get back some draft capital.

Given where the team is now, that seems like a plan that backfired. And then we watched Lance start against the Cardinals and he was serviceable, much like Jimmy. So the general point now is, if Jimmy is an average QB on a .500 team, why even bother continuing to start him?

just my thoughts as someone who absolutely wants Jimmy to be successful.

Yeah I can see your point for sure, but I certainly look at it a little differently. In my humble opinion, unless there is a quantifiable reason to start the rookie, you don't. Especially in shannys complicated offense (and especially with shanny as your micromanager…. I mean coach) Even using hindsight, it's safe to say we wouldn't be in a meaningfully different position with Trey as our starter. We'd be on the playoff fringe somewhere. And what would we really gain from starting him?

We've got jimmy on the team. We've admitted Trey only looked "serviceable"….. I see zero reason to start Trey this year. Like, absolute zero.

Just because we like to emphasize "you don't trade that much capital for anything other than a day one starter" it doesn't make it true. It can be true, it may be true… but it sure as f**k doesn't have to be true.

if I was Kyle I'd be doing it exactly the same way. Keep my injury blanket on the field while teaching up the rookie… all while maintaining (according to us) exactly the same record 👍🏻👍🏻

Think you and I are just two sides of the same coin Nothing wrong with that. I completely understand your perspective and what Kyle is doing. I personally would rather move on with Trey simply because it's utterly clear the team is moving on from Jimmy. If the Niners were 10-2 right now I would be of a different opinion.

But we're all staring at a .500 team that has looked pretty bad at times, even with all the offensive firepower this team supposedly has. So Lance seems more enticing for me than watching Jimmy's middling play for a potential shot at a wildcard (now watch the team eek into the playoffs, go on a tear and take home a Lombardi, then won't I look dumb).

To maybe clear something up, the capital for Lance comment was more along the lines of how little faith making such a move shows in your current QB. Not necessarily a comment on the skill of Lance himself. Because certainly trading all that capital for Lance does not mean Lance will be a good player.

In any case, I suppose at this point I'm just exhausted of Jimmy. He plays well for stretches, goes silent for stretches, and overall as we've discussed, is mostly serviceable. I don't think he's the enormous problem some folks think he is, but I also don't think he is any sort of solution. My feelings on Jimmy are about as bland as can be at this point and I think that is a large part of the problem. Good enough to give you pause and say "maybe?" Inconsistent enough for you to say "nah, he has to go."

To be fair, your post assumes Kyle is being fake with why he hasn't played TL and that he is spinning to not hurt JGs feelers.

Trey hasn't got ONE snap in a meaningful moment since Jimmy made some comment about it effecting his rhythm. The only snap he got was when we had a blowout lead, and we were running out the clock.

Trey has shown the moment hasn't been too big for him in goal line situations, be it running it in for a TD... or by passing the ball for a TD.

So why would he all the sudden stop doing that? It's not like our offense has been a power house every qtr since Trey got back from injury.

Well, we won't be seeing Trey this year. Jimmy may do just enough to get us into the playoffs, but we won't be going anywhere. Here's to next year and hoping all this bench warming truly did help Trey feel comfortable playing at an NFL level.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Dec 6, 2021 at 5:29 PM ]

I am not here to answer your questions sir, was just pointing out you were doing what you claim Kyle does.

Speaking of b******t....

Originally posted by 5thSFG:
I think it is more this: the whole reason to even keep Jimmy on the team after drafting Lance was to have another dominant run like 2019 with a QB who knows the system. Make a deep playoff run with Jimmy as one last hurrah and then ship him off for a first rounder, making the capital used to get Lance a little more palatable. There is no situation where a team trades away that much draft capital for a QB if they thought the current QB on the roster was the dude to take the team into the future. Keeping Jimmy was a gamble the entire time in an effort to get back some draft capital.

Given where the team is now, that seems like a plan that backfired. And then we watched Lance start against the Cardinals and he was serviceable, much like Jimmy. So the general point now is, if Jimmy is an average QB on a .500 team, why even bother continuing to start him?

just my thoughts as someone who absolutely wants Jimmy to be successful.

Yeah I can see your point for sure, but I certainly look at it a little differently. In my humble opinion, unless there is a quantifiable reason to start the rookie, you don't. Especially in shannys complicated offense (and especially with shanny as your micromanager…. I mean coach) Even using hindsight, it's safe to say we wouldn't be in a meaningfully different position with Trey as our starter. We'd be on the playoff fringe somewhere. And what would we really gain from starting him?

We've got jimmy on the team. We've admitted Trey only looked "serviceable"….. I see zero reason to start Trey this year. Like, absolute zero.

Just because we like to emphasize "you don't trade that much capital for anything other than a day one starter" it doesn't make it true. It can be true, it may be true… but it sure as f**k doesn't have to be true.

if I was Kyle I'd be doing it exactly the same way. Keep my injury blanket on the field while teaching up the rookie… all while maintaining (according to us) exactly the same record 👍🏻👍🏻

Think you and I are just two sides of the same coin Nothing wrong with that. I completely understand your perspective and what Kyle is doing. I personally would rather move on with Trey simply because it's utterly clear the team is moving on from Jimmy. If the Niners were 10-2 right now I would be of a different opinion.

But we're all staring at a .500 team that has looked pretty bad at times, even with all the offensive firepower this team supposedly has. So Lance seems more enticing for me than watching Jimmy's middling play for a potential shot at a wildcard (now watch the team eek into the playoffs, go on a tear and take home a Lombardi, then won't I look dumb).

To maybe clear something up, the capital for Lance comment was more along the lines of how little faith making such a move shows in your current QB. Not necessarily a comment on the skill of Lance himself. Because certainly trading all that capital for Lance does not mean Lance will be a good player.

In any case, I suppose at this point I'm just exhausted of Jimmy. He plays well for stretches, goes silent for stretches, and overall as we've discussed, is mostly serviceable. I don't think he's the enormous problem some folks think he is, but I also don't think he is any sort of solution. My feelings on Jimmy are about as bland as can be at this point and I think that is a large part of the problem. Good enough to give you pause and say "maybe?" Inconsistent enough for you to say "nah, he has to go."

Yeah man I'm certainly not willing to die on my hill here…you have very valid points for sure. I would be much more entertained if Trey was playing 👍🏻

I am not here to answer your questions sir, was just pointing out you were doing what you claim Kyle does.

Well I'll trust my gut feeling (based off reports we've heard in the offseason, and what I'm seeing with my eyes and what I've heard with my ears..as well as applying commonsense)

You go ahead and sit comfortably on the fence, and point.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 6, 2021 at 5:46 PM ]
Well I'll trust my gut feeling (based off reports we've heard in the offseason, and what I'm seeing with my eyes and what I've heard with my ears..as well as applying commonsense)

Opinions are not facts my good sir.

Opinions are not facts my good sir.

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Do you see him on the field playing and making plays? Because I don't. They don't even play him anymore.

Show me. Don't tell me.

Do you see any backup QB on the field playing and making plays while the starter is healthy? Because I don't.
Share 49ersWebzone