Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 251 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Who's fault is it that it's been a month Kyle you fake ass piece of s**t? This was an important game.

I'm losing patience with all this spinning from Kyle lately just to not hurt Jimmy's feelings.

Again you want to b******t, you'll get treated like a b******ter.

wut?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Who's fault is it that it's been a month Kyle you fake ass piece of s**t? This was an important game.

I'm losing patience with all this spinning from Kyle lately just to not hurt Jimmy's feelings.

Again you want to b******t, you'll get treated like a b******ter.

wut?

Lol. Wouldn't be fair to play him, because I haven't played him.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

Been saying this

Gonna bookmark this one 👍🏻👍🏻. Hope you're right…. Will be here waiting if you're wrong 🤣🤣🤣.

I don't really understand the point of the video… he's basically saying that maybe we'd be 6-6 with Trey at the helm? If there's no benefit to our record with Trey at QB why start him this year?

Benefits of sitting him a year:

1) focus on learning the offense instead of executing the offense
2) learn from Jimmy's mistakes
3) Jimmy as a training partner (as opposed to a new backup that also doesn't know the offense)
4) get up to speed on the game of football, specifically NFL football (been dormant a while)
5) and most importantly, a full year immune to our toxic fan base 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Benefits of starting him as a rookie:

1) we "may" be 6-6 right now.

I bet Zach Wilson would love a redshirt year about now lol.

I mean go ahead and bookmark it?t Trying to find gotcha moments because that's all this thread is....man this place is lame. And you act like I really care if I'm wrong lol . Don't care if he comes into 2022 as a MVP caliber talent, I'll gladly say I'm wrong.

He's saying they paid Jimmy $27M to "win a Super Bowl" currently they're 6-6 and more than likely not gonna sniff anything close to that. He's saying with the way SF is winning games, they could have a decent chance at being 6-6 AND developing the QB in the process, PLUS we wouldn't be tossing out guys like Norman and DJ as our starting CBs because we'd actually have money to spend on FAs.

How the hell is it so hard for some people to get the idea of playing football makes you better at football? Why is the difficult to grasp?

Focus on learning the offense? You think he can't run a PA/boot or throw to his first read? You don't think he can hand off the ball off 40x a game? Kyle has said he already knows the playbook...he doesn't get to run the offense in practices outside of his little ZR packages. So learning what? He doesn't get to face live game speed defenses. He not seeing live coverages. He's literally pretending to be the opponents QB every week lol. That's not learning the offense. He would be watching film if he was starting all the same...expect he would actually have film of HIM.

The rest of your points are silly outside of preparing like a pro IMO. He doesn't need to watch another QB f**k up to be better.

Yeah I'm sure the fan base will love him when he comes in as a raw "rookie" who hasn't played football in over 2 years. Wilson like most rookies are getting valuable reps, they're learning from their mistakes...most QBs say it was an important part of the process to grow. Wilson needs better talent around him, he (like every rookie QB) shouldn't have to throw the team on their backs and do more than they can at this point in their career....do you think Lawrence should have sat a year? He started in college as a true freshmen and played in every big game you could ask for. He's one of the highest graded talents at QB ever. Kid needs freaking help around him. They shouldn't be throwing the ball 50x a game.

IMO There's a limit to what can be learned as a scout QB and if you don't understand that, then I don't know what to tell ya.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 7, 2021 at 5:57 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Do you see him on the field playing and making plays? Because I don't. They don't even play him anymore.

Show me. Don't tell me.

and you've been told many many times what that is....why do you keep trolling and acting like you don't know the answer to this? You just looking for a response?
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:

Been saying this

Gonna bookmark this one 👍🏻👍🏻. Hope you're right…. Will be here waiting if you're wrong 🤣🤣🤣.

I don't really understand the point of the video… he's basically saying that maybe we'd be 6-6 with Trey at the helm? If there's no benefit to our record with Trey at QB why start him this year?

3) Jimmy as a training partner (as opposed to a new backup that also doesn't know the offense)
4) get up to speed on the game of football, specifically NFL football (been dormant a while)

I think it is more this: the whole reason to even keep Jimmy on the team after drafting Lance was to have another dominant run like 2019 with a QB who knows the system. Make a deep playoff run with Jimmy as one last hurrah and then ship him off for a first rounder, making the capital used to get Lance a little more palatable. There is no situation where a team trades away that much draft capital for a QB if they thought the current QB on the roster was the dude to take the team into the future. Keeping Jimmy was a gamble the entire time in an effort to get back some draft capital.

Given where the team is now, that seems like a plan that backfired. And then we watched Lance start against the Cardinals and he was serviceable, much like Jimmy. So the general point now is, if Jimmy is an average QB on a .500 team, why even bother continuing to start him?

just my thoughts as someone who absolutely wants Jimmy to be successful.

Do you remember all offseason how people continually said we can't start Lance because we'd be wasting the season?

When in reality, the biggest risk to "waste" this season all along was to start Jimmy and not have a winning team knowing he's not part of the future. While essentially keeping Lance a rookie with no experience.

That's the gamble that we made and we only have a handful of weeks to determine the final outcome of it.

In terms of his development I much prefer sitting him. Still learns the offense. All the benefits with none of the adverse consequences.

in terms of would he be able to push this offense to the next level THIS SEASON…. From what I saw probably not (but who knows). But to me the only reason to start him this year would be to make us markedly better right now. Anyone's guess If he could.

The theory for Trey is the team already relies on running non stop for success

A young QB gets a ton of help from a running game

As a passer we already see KS schemes guys wide open.

Can Trey find them and hit them? Deebo Samuel route from earlier is an example of yes

The final step is using his arm and finding the deep targets instead of underneath routes

When the SEA game film is reviewed you will see the missed opportunities

Nobody knows if Trey will hit those though. Every QB misses wide open reads every game.

The belief is Trey will produce more points because he has more options

At this point what will get Trey better as a QB is playing the position...I agree with everything you're saying. This offense isn't relying on a QB that needs to slice up a secondary and throw the ball 40 times a game right now. IF anything SF get's to play 11 on 11 football for a change. Could have used that on Sunday
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:

Been saying this

I think it is more this: the whole reason to even keep Jimmy on the team after drafting Lance was to have another dominant run like 2019 with a QB who knows the system. Make a deep playoff run with Jimmy as one last hurrah and then ship him off for a first rounder, making the capital used to get Lance a little more palatable. There is no situation where a team trades away that much draft capital for a QB if they thought the current QB on the roster was the dude to take the team into the future. Keeping Jimmy was a gamble the entire time in an effort to get back some draft capital.

Given where the team is now, that seems like a plan that backfired. And then we watched Lance start against the Cardinals and he was serviceable, much like Jimmy. So the general point now is, if Jimmy is an average QB on a .500 team, why even bother continuing to start him?

just my thoughts as someone who absolutely wants Jimmy to be successful.

Do you remember all offseason how people continually said we can't start Lance because we'd be wasting the season?

When in reality, the biggest risk to "waste" this season all along was to start Jimmy and not have a winning team knowing he's not part of the future. While essentially keeping Lance a rookie with no experience.

That's the gamble that we made and we only have a handful of weeks to determine the final outcome of it.

In terms of his development I much prefer sitting him. Still learns the offense. All the benefits with none of the adverse consequences.

in terms of would he be able to push this offense to the next level THIS SEASON…. From what I saw probably not (but who knows). But to me the only reason to start him this year would be to make us markedly better right now. Anyone's guess If he could.

The theory for Trey is the team already relies on running non stop for success

A young QB gets a ton of help from a running game

As a passer we already see KS schemes guys wide open.

Can Trey find them and hit them? Deebo Samuel route from earlier is an example of yes

The final step is using his arm and finding the deep targets instead of underneath routes

When the SEA game film is reviewed you will see the missed opportunities

Nobody knows if Trey will hit those though. Every QB misses wide open reads every game.

The belief is Trey will produce more points because he has more options

At this point what will get Trey better as a QB is playing the position...I agree with everything you're saying. This offense isn't relying on a QB that needs to slice up a secondary and throw the ball 40 times a game right now. IF anything SF get's to play 11 on 11 football for a change. Could have used that on Sunday

Trey just needs to play - he'll get better each game next year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Do you see him on the field playing and making plays? Because I don't. They don't even play him anymore.

Show me. Don't tell me.

and you've been told many many times what that is....why do you keep trolling and acting like you don't know the answer to this? You just looking for a response?

Been saying this

....man this place is lame.

He's saying they paid Jimmy $27M to "win a Super Bowl"

Agreed.

Exhibit A ^

This is my biggest problem with trey supporters. He WILL get better. He WILL improve. Like it's all a certainty. There is no certainty. We have no idea that he will ever be able to be competent from the pocket. We have no idea if he will ever develop an accurate touch pass. We have no idea he will be able to run Shanahans offense. This is all speculation. Lots of qbs have failed despite being given ample playing time and opportunity. He was drafted on speculation. And to.give up all that draft capital on speculation makes me
Originally posted by mayo49:

Originally posted by mayo49:

How is this a certainty? It's a hope, but you guys are acting like it's 100% going to happen.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:16 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This is my biggest problem with trey supporters. He WILL get better. He WILL improve. Like it's all a certainty. There is no certainty. We have no idea that he will ever be able to be competent from the pocket. We have no idea if he will ever develop an accurate touch pass. We have no idea he will be able to run Shanahans offense. This is all speculation. Lots of qbs have failed despite being given ample playing time and opportunity. He was drafted on speculation. And to.give up all that draft capital on speculation makes me

Why would you not think he would improve outside of your own bias opinion? He's young and doesn't have a ton of bad habits ingrained in him. He has god given ability that most QBs don't have. He WANTS to get better, has a high football IQ, a hard worker, and a leader...literally every person who's ever been around him says this.

He has every tangible and intangible trait you want for a QB outside of not getting the opportunity to play a ton of football (and when he played he was very good).

Lots of QBs who have failed have horrible coaching and personnel around them...that is NOT the case here. Lots of QBs that fail don't have the work ethic or drive to be the best. Most of them were given everything all through their life and told they were the best QB...overall that's not true with Trey, he's earned everything and has a massive chip on his shoulder to be good. I'll bet on that every time.

Every single draft pick is drafted off speculation. everyone.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed.

Exhibit A ^

wahhh NC doesn't like it when I talk in facts...he hates it so much he delates my comments. He hates it when I explain what the tweet was saying.

NC was never talking about PP in every damn thread for years.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:16 AM ]
How is this a certainty?

Usually when you do something over and over you get better at it...IF you have the ability to do it and really want to be good at it.

Everybody here should be a Trey supporter. The same should go for every rookie on the team. There's a difference between not liking a player, DJ Johnson for example, since he's been here long enough to know what he is.

49ers >>> Jimmy.
Share 49ersWebzone