Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 230 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed.

Exhibit A ^

wahhh NC doesn't like it when I talk in facts...he hates it so much he delates my comments. He hates it when I explain what the tweet was saying.

NC was never talking about PP in every damn thread for years.

NY85 in every WZ thread since pre draft:

"Jimmy Garoppolo...average QB...$27M...Trey should start."

If only we knew your thoughts on the subject.

You're basically the same exact person as SanDiego without the intent to troll.

NC for YEARS in Jimmy thread, OL thread, Kyle thread, RB thread, Lynch thread etc.....

"our OL sucks" here's the weekly QB hit tweet...Look at the PBWR. Man Wirfs. We don't spend money on OL, RG RG RG RG LG LG LG LG TTT TTT TTT

Don't be a hypocrite. You do the SAME s**t!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:24 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This is my biggest problem with trey supporters. He WILL get better. He WILL improve. Like it's all a certainty. There is no certainty. We have no idea that he will ever be able to be competent from the pocket. We have no idea if he will ever develop an accurate touch pass. We have no idea he will be able to run Shanahans offense. This is all speculation. Lots of qbs have failed despite being given ample playing time and opportunity. He was drafted on speculation. And to.give up all that draft capital on speculation makes me

Why would you not think he would improve outside of your own bias opinion? He's young and doesn't have a ton of bad habits ingrained in him. He has god given ability that most QBs don't have. He WANTS to get better, has a high football IQ, a hard worker, and a leader...literally every person who's ever been around him says this.

He has every tangible and intangible trait you want for a QB outside of not getting the opportunity to play a ton of football (and when he played he was very good).

Lots of QBs who have failed have horrible coaching and personnel around them...that is NOT the case here. Lots of QBs that fail don't have the work ethic or drive to be the best. Most of them were given everything all through their life and told they were the best QB...overall that's not true with Trey, he's earned everything and has a massive chip on his shoulder to be good. I'll bet on that every time.

Every single draft pick is drafted off speculation. everyone.

Not that I like to make a habit of agreeing with 85…. But aren't all QBs drafted based on speculation? I have a hard time deciphering what it is josecortez is trying to say, unless I've missed the NFL-ready rookie QBs.

What did we give up for Trey… 2 firsts and a third? So a Solomon Thomas, Reuben foster, and a jalen Hurd?… plus we'll get the jalen Hurd back when we trade jimmy?

yeah, I don't see the trade as such a terrible thing given our track record with those picks. If (big if) Trey balls out, it was a genius move.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:34 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
At this point what will get Trey better as a QB is playing the position...I agree with everything you're saying. This offense isn't relying on a QB that needs to slice up a secondary and throw the ball 40 times a game right now. IF anything SF get's to play 11 on 11 football for a change. Could have used that on Sunday

This is my biggest problem with trey supporters. He WILL get better. He WILL improve. Like it's all a certainty. There is no certainty. We have no idea that he will ever be able to be competent from the pocket. We have no idea if he will ever develop an accurate touch pass. We have no idea he will be able to run Shanahans offense. This is all speculation. Lots of qbs have failed despite being given ample playing time and opportunity. He was drafted on speculation. And to.give up all that draft capital on speculation makes me

Everybody here should be a Trey supporter. The same should go for every rookie on the team. There's a difference between not liking a player, DJ Johnson for example, since he's been here long enough to know what he is.

49ers >>> Jimmy.

Im a 49ers supporter. 49ers >>>>> Trey, Jimmy, kittle

The team comes first. I'm angry because I think the 49ers made a mistake. I absolutely want him to succeed. And as I've said before, I'd be so happy if I'm wrong. And given everything invested they need to give him as much time to develop. At this point if he doesn't develop, it will be 5 years lost on this organization.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:26 AM ]
Anyway. I'd actually be perfectly cool with Trey starting this week. Nobody would see it coming. And since the WC race is such a fluster cuck, we'd still have a legit chance to make the playoffs where he'd get extensive playoff experience.

Why would you not think he would improve outside of your own bias opinion? He's young and doesn't have a ton of bad habits ingrained in him. He has god given ability that most QBs don't have. He WANTS to get better, has a high football IQ, a hard worker, and a leader...literally every person who's ever been around him says this.

He has every tangible and intangible trait you want for a QB outside of not getting the opportunity to play a ton of football (and when he played he was very good).

Lots of QBs who have failed have horrible coaching and personnel around them...that is NOT the case here. Lots of QBs that fail don't have the work ethic or drive to be the best. Most of them were given everything all through their life and told they were the best QB...overall that's not true with Trey, he's earned everything and has a massive chip on his shoulder to be good. I'll bet on that every time.

Every single draft pick is drafted off speculation. everyone.

And with such a high bust rate on any pick, they go all in.

Look at kap. He never improved. He had all the intangibles. He drove to Santa clara the night of the draft because he was so motivated. He was given the keys year 2 and had ample playoff experience by year 3. Nothing improved.

I'm not saying Lance is kap, I'm saying everyone here thought kap was going to get better with time. And he never did.
Anyway. I'd actually be perfectly cool with Trey starting this week. Nobody would see it coming. And since the WC race is such a fluster cuck, we'd still have a legit chance to make the playoffs where he'd get extensive playoff experience.

It would certainly make the season more exciting…. Unless he comes out like CJ Beathard and sucks the remaining life out of the fan base lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I'd love to see what he can do with this offense.

Idk...It's really tough to judge these SEA games. We can be the best team in the NFL and SEA could be the worst and we would still lose somehow.

It's all about the Cincy game. If we lose that, time to make the switch. Falcons at home would be the next game which shouldn't be that bad.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Not that I like to make a habit of agreeing with 85…. But aren't all QBs drafted based on speculation? I have a hard time deciphering what it is josecortez is trying to say, unless I've missed the NFL-ready rookie QBs.

What did we give up for Trey… 2 firsts and a third? So a Solomon Thomas, Reuben foster, and a jalen Hurd?… plus we'll get jalen Hurd back when we trade jimmy?

yeah, I don't see the trade as such a terrible thing given our track record with those picks.

lol first rude

but yeah Jose has his own bias take on Lance and will throw out any negative scenario he can...because I guess he wants to be right? Which is weird if you're a 49er fan...you'd think you'd want him to be good and deal with the fact that you're not some NFL GM and just a clueless fan end of the day (like a lot of us).

They made a decision to go all in on a QB this yr...whether it was via trade or the draft. They went for tangible and intangible traits with massive upside. I give them credit for that regardless of how it all plays out in a couple years.

Where a QB goes is so important to their growth. He went to the right place, much like Jones went to the right place. Kid just needs to play football and good/bad they want to take their time with him. I gotta deal with that just like everyone else end of the day. I will say, I'm not expecting him to be Mahomes next yr like a lot of people that are riding the "he needs a red shirt" year. He's still gonna be an inexperienced rookie when it comes to playing football in 2022.

What did we give up for Trey… 2 firsts and a third? So a Solomon Thomas, Reuben foster, and a jalen Hurd?… plus we'll get jalen Hurd back when we trade jimmy?

yeah, I don't see the trade as such a terrible thing given our track record with those picks. If (big if) Trey balls out, it was a genius move.

They invested 3 firsts and a 3rd. And while all qbs are based on speculation, Trey was the most unknown of any qb taken this high in the history of the NFL draft. I can't recall any other qb in the top 5 with such little to go on. At least with others you had more tape.
Im a 49ers supporter. 49ers >>>>> Trey, Jimmy, kittle

The team comes first. I'm angry because I think the 49ers made a mistake. I absolutely want him to succeed. And as I've said before, I'd be so happy if I'm wrong. And given everything invested they need to give him as much time to develop. At this point if he doesn't develop, it will be 5 years lost on this organization.

you have NO CLUE if hey made a mistake...that's the whole problem with your debate. It's pointless to say he's gonna suck or say why would he improve (which is just dumb based on how life goes in general).

I'll I'm saying is you better be able to let him develop properly and give him the benefit of the doubt just like you've done for Jimmy for the past 4 years.
They invested 3 firsts and a 3rd. And while all qbs are based on speculation, Trey was the most unknown of any qb taken this high in the history of the NFL draft. I can't recall any other qb in the top 5 with such little to go on. At least with others you had more tape.

One of the firsts was a swap, so really doesn't count.

I think your points are valid… it's a risky move for sure. If it pays off theyll be geniuses, if it fails they'll be fired. Let's cross them fingers and toes 👍🏻👍🏻
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:37 AM ]

One of the firsts was a swap, so really doesn't count.

I think your points are valid… it's a risky move for sure. If it pays off theyll be geniuses, if it fails they'll be fired. Let's cross them fingers and toes 👍🏻👍🏻

Exactly this. We have to hope and pray that it pans out. I know I'll be screaming at the top of my lungs if he succeeds.

NC for YEARS in Jimmy thread, OL thread, Kyle thread, RB thread, Lynch thread etc.....

"our OL sucks" here's the weekly QB hit tweet...Look at the PBWR. Man Wirfs. We don't spend money on OL, RG RG RG RG LG LG LG LG TTT TTT TTT

Don't be a hypocrite. You do the SAME s**t!

LOL. Yeah, OL is all I talked about...Pettis, started and managed the Team Information/Needs thread, injuries, Hightower, on and on and on.

If the OL effected play calling, the QB, game situations, personnel acquisitions, team needs, etc. sure, it's relevant. Tom Compton was relevant Sunday. LOL

Jimmy and his contract are gone in 5 games. He's not relevant to anything.

All I'm saying is you might want to find a new unhealthy obsession or at least focus on things that'll be relevant well after he's gone.

But...to each his own. Do you.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 7, 2021 at 6:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone