There are 251 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
We had a chance to be a consistently "good" team but the 49er dumbs**t brass let Harbaws go.

Why didn't Harbaugh sign the extension that was being offered to him?

Twice.
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Like at ANY POSITION, you play the person who gives you the best chance to win. ESPECIALLY at QB.

Jimmy is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Trey. Because Trey did not play a lot of college football.

Kyle and John chose Trey as a LONG-TERM INVESTMENT.

Jimmy is the better QB for the SHORT TERM--meaning THIS YEAR. Who knows, possibly next year, too.

Playing Trey at any point BEFORE being eliminated from the playoffs is GIVING UP ON THE SEASON. Plain and simple.

And if Trey played more and this team was 3-9, people here would be b*tching that Trey was a bust and Jimmy should've played, wah, wah, wah.

GUARANTEED.

Yup, they would.

I think back to a statement that New York made about how they should have given Trey all, or almost all the reps, right away but people thought we'd win a Super Bowl or whatever.

Well, winning a Super Bowl is never easy obviously. But it wasn't that far fetched that we would contend. Yes, as he points out, depth is not something we have a lot of. But making comparisons off the top of my end to 2019.

Offensive line- lost Staley from that team but added Williams. Hard as it is to say, an upgrade. Also added Alex Mack. The line, on paper, was probably better than that one from 19.

Wide receivers- Admittedly again not a ton of quality depth, but not a lot then either. Still promising weapons coming in at starter with Deebo and Aiyuk. Better WR's at least to start the season, and maybe all season than 2019.

Backs- Lost Coleman who didn't provide a ton throughout the year. Lost Breida who was in the doghouse at the end anyway. Drafted two running backs again on paper making the position deeper and stronger.

TE- Similar to a bit better depth

QB- duh. Same guy- different starters
D-line- maybe weaker and yes weaker than 2019 with the fearsome foursome of Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, and Ford. No Buckner obviously but a returning Bosa. Ford wasn't going to be counted on by the fanbase but he was available to start the year. Less star power but perhaps a tad deeper actually than 2019.

LB-Again roughly the same guys only more experienced. No Kwon but obviously Kwon missed half that season to begin with. Probably again similar depth. Maybe a little less.

Secondary- Actually again roughly the same guys minus Sherman. Yes the depth could have/should have been better. But we did at least draft two corners, and a safety for that matter. So we didn't "not address it". Just didn't get the results we needed. Not yet anyway.

Injuries were and continue to be, as much as anything, what could wreck things. Yes all teams have them. But the way things go for us, Lance could have started game one, ripped his ACL in two, and we have Jimmy all year anyway with Sudfeld backing him up as we try to find another QB to stash on the practice squad.
Originally posted by NCommand:
We had a chance to be a consistently "good" team but the 49er dumbs**t brass let Harbaws go.

Twice.

Two words: Yorks and Baalke!
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Yet we gave up, what 3 first rounders for him?….

brutal

I can always tell who's got an agenda based on how they frame the trade lol
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Like at ANY POSITION, you play the person who gives you the best chance to win. ESPECIALLY at QB.

Jimmy is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Trey. Because Trey did not play a lot of college football.

Kyle and John chose Trey as a LONG-TERM INVESTMENT.

Jimmy is the better QB for the SHORT TERM--meaning THIS YEAR. Who knows, possibly next year, too.

Playing Trey at any point BEFORE being eliminated from the playoffs is GIVING UP ON THE SEASON. Plain and simple.

And if Trey played more and this team was 3-9, people here would be b*tching that Trey was a bust and Jimmy should've played, wah, wah, wah.

GUARANTEED.

Light years ahead of Trey?? In terms of experience ok fine. Let Trey go out here and hand the ball off 40 times and you'll see probably the same results. Thing is Trey wouldn't be dinking and dunking in the middle of the field only. He showed that in the Arizona game. And if Jimmy continues to start the rest of the season and they don't make the playoffs this will be a wasted season. They are a middling team right now.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

brutal

My agenda is seeing the 49ers win a super bowl before I die. Wasn't born for 4, was 3 for the 5th
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 7, 2021 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

brutal

My agenda is seeing the 49ers win a super bowl before I die. Wasn't born for 4, was 3 for the 5th

im with you man I'm just messing around. The verbiage used to describe the trade is funny to me. Someone with strong feelings about it: "we gave up three first round picks for this guy". The way I look at it: "We traded two first round picks to Miami to swap picks"

Twice.

Four words! Doesn't fit your agenda!

Twice.

Nah. He already had his dream job at Michigan and even signed the contract in our locker room. But those would be two great reasons to run away!

Twice.

Ive always liked Harbaugh. Players love to play for him. He ressurected Alex's career. Brought us back to prominence. Obviously s**t hit the fan in his relationships with the Yorks and TB > Browns tradegate + "This meeting is for men only."

Who knows what really went down between the three and then u apparently had Tomsula undermining Jim as well.

Just wish it could have worked out. We would have been consistently good with Fangio & Roman (well look at the Ravens )

Ive always liked Harbaugh. Players love to play for him. He ressurected Alex's career. Brought us back to prominence. Obviously s**t hit the fan in his relationships with the Yorks and TB > Browns tradegate "This meeting is for men only."

Who knows what really went down between the three and then u apparently had Tomsula undermining Jim as well.

Just wish it could have worked out. We would have been consistently good with Fangio & Roman (well look at the Ravens )

We've certainly got different memories of his time here. As I recall, the players hated Harbaugh. At least there were a few "leaked" reports saying as much. I have no idea if it's true or not…. But it's enough evidence to cast doubt on the "players loved him" narrative.

I didn't enjoy Jim's last couple seasons with us. The players looked disinterested, the obvious split in the locker room, and the fractured FO. I was happy to see Harbaugh go. (Hindsight…. Tomsula and Kelly???? Wtf I'd much rather have Harbaugh… obviously!!)

BUT….. I've watched most of Michigan's games this year, and I'll admit that Harbaughs playcalling has been pretty f**king good.

As opposed to when he was with us… Everyone of us could predict his playcalls back then.
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Dec 7, 2021 at 3:31 PM ]

Twice.

Ive always liked Harbaugh. Players love to play for him. He ressurected Alex's career. Brought us back to prominence. Obviously s**t hit the fan in his relationships with the Yorks and TB > Browns tradegate + "This meeting is for men only."

He was never going to stay with the niners it was just a place holder until the Michigan job opened up. Soon as it was rumored he shut down.

Twice.

He was never going to stay with the niners it was just a place holder until the Michigan job opened up. Soon as it was rumored he shut down.

Yeah....I wish we as a fanbase can just let go of Harbaugh. Everyone pining for those days. I get it, it was mostly easy under him. But he did bounce to UM once the going started to get tough.
We need to stop using the word redshirt. He's not retaining a year of eligibility or extending the time he has on his rookie contract.
It's a developmental year for him individually in which the team loses a year of control and cost efficiency. A wasted year if you will.
Sane with Banjs and Sermon, except they just likely arent any good. 4 year guys from football factories at interior o line and rb shouldn't have to marinate.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
We need to stop using the word redshirt. He's not retaining a year of eligibility or extending the time he has on his rookie contract.
It's a developmental year for him individually in which the team loses a year of control and cost efficiency. A wasted year if you will.
Sane with Banjs and Sermon, except they just likely arent any good. 4 year guys from football factories at interior o line and rb shouldn't have to marinate.

Dig those feet in 👍🏻

Its a good year for a rookie to sit the bench…. I'm happy we are in a position to afford him the opportunity. I hope he benefits from his redshirt year.
Share 49ersWebzone