There are 258 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1623 pages for a player who doesn't play. That's truly amazing.

He is literally THE future of this team under Shanalynch and perhaps beyond. The team's fate depends in him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That's gotta drive a competitor like Trey (assuming) AND Kyle nuts to sit him a year. He's just gotta be preparing like he's the starter with the game plan as is. That's the key there. If Jimmy goes down, you're ready to go. If you're going to be a starter for a game, make sure your HC doesn't have to limit you or his play calling to a remedial level. Let's hope he's come a long ways in that since the Cardinals game and 2nd half of Seattle.
There's far more evidence of great QBs that sat than were forced upon the starting role right away.

The Niners in all honesty could have put Lance in this year and been "ok", because the team is so run/defense based.

But if you can buy the time off the field, it's proven to help.

If the theory about Garoppolo is true (just not suited for under center/play action offense), then his 3 full seasons as backup in NE that lead to his first 7 NFL starts (2 there and 5 in SF) were perfectly executed. He came in and went 7-0. Zero interceptions as a Patriot.

If Garoppolo goes to a team that will utilize him in the NE manner with comparable weapons, he will likely be better than he was here. Pittsburgh, New Orleans I could see him being better.

Their coaching staff might find a way to scheme up those outside throws better too.

I was having this conversation with my Skins' super guru fan and he thinks Kyle is great but prefers his system over maximizing his QB's talents. That's why the Cousins love, because he's better suited to the true Kyle offense than Jimmy from a schematic standpoint (but IMO not as clutch/resilient as Jimmy otherwise).
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 9, 2021 at 8:26 AM ]
I don't see it in his eyes. He looks frightened on the bench. I hope I'm wrong, but he doesn't look ready... like he's way in over his head.

Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
I don't see it in his eyes. He looks frightened on the bench. I hope I'm wrong, but he doesn't look ready... like he's way in over his head.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Interesting take...

Really, I'll take the W's.

Lance starting all season just throwing check downs like Mac wouldn't have done much for his development. Mac is already close to what he's going to be in the NFL. I'll take Lance's potential every time.

You think that's all Mac Jones is doing? Not seeing different blitzes? Not seeing trap coverages? Not experiencing game speed? He's doing all that while Trey watches from the sideline. There's a reason Kyle would play him if we are out of competition it's cause Kyle knows seeing live reps is better than holding a clipboard. But our best chance to be competitive is with Jimmy. This argument is dumb

Kyle never said anything of the sort. Trey is sitting this entire year regardless of our record imo.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Interesting take...

Really, I'll take the W's.

Lance starting all season just throwing check downs like Mac wouldn't have done much for his development. Mac is already close to what he's going to be in the NFL. I'll take Lance's potential every time.

You think that's all Mac Jones is doing? Not seeing different blitzes? Not seeing trap coverages? Not experiencing game speed? He's doing all that while Trey watches from the sideline. There's a reason Kyle would play him if we are out of competition it's cause Kyle knows seeing live reps is better than holding a clipboard. But our best chance to be competitive is with Jimmy. This argument is dumb

Kyle never said anything of the sort. Trey is sitting this entire year regardless of our record imo.

He literally said he won't play Trey unless injury or they are out of the playoffs.

Srsly? Dude always looks chill AF like Jimmy.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

You mean the King of Happyfeet himself? Not the best comparison if we are talking about composure. It's just a personal opinion, the kid looks frightened. Can't really talk me down from it. Feel free to bookmark and give me s**t about it if I'm wrong.

Let's try to go one full day without posting something as idiotic as this.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:

You mean the King of Happyfeet himself? Not the best comparison if we are talking about composure. It's just a personal opinion, the kid looks frightened. Can't really talk me down from it. Feel free to bookmark and give me s**t about it if I'm wrong.

Happy feet on the sideline?

FYI...
I am giving you s**t about being wrong right now.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 9, 2021 at 9:02 AM ]
looks like someone needs attention
Originally posted by Waterbear:

did it twice in one day

Oh I guarantee I know more than the average fan, definitely more than most everyone on this board. I'm not gonna sit here and spout off my resume like a douchebag, but I know football. I trust my eyes and instincts and I'm rarely ever wrong.

lol no he doesn't. What a terrible take.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

did it twice in one day

Oh I guarantee I know more than the average fan, definitely more than most everyone on this board. I'm not gonna sit here and spout off my resume like a douchebag, but I know football. I trust my eyes and instincts and I'm rarely ever wrong.

Share 49ersWebzone