Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 654 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
I still need to be convinced Trey is the man before we say bye to Jimmy G. It is hard to say without seeing him in a game doing more then just handing it off. We might know if JG gets hurt before the end of the season or in the pre season. I would think it a very brave move to move JG on before KS and JL are 100% Trey is better. I still need some convincing but I do not see him every week with the scout team.

Kyle just called, and convincing you was not on his agenda.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

I remember first reading about the VR back with BeatHard. Hopefully it's improved greatly since then.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I remember first reading about the VR back with BeatHard. Hopefully it's improved greatly since then.

I tried some metaverse goggles, and it's pretty f**king scary how good it's gotten in just a few years. I can't imagine what it'll be like in 10 years.

I feel bad for future generations. They're going to be like the fat f**ks in the movie Wall-E floating around in their space chairs drinking Slurpees.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 13, 2021 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I tried some metaverse goggles, and it's pretty f**king scary how good it's gotten in just a few years. I can't imagine what it'll be like in 10 years.

I feel bad for future generations. They're going to be like the fat f**ks floating around in their space chairs drinking Slurpees like in the movie Wall-E.

You don't have to wait 10 years... just pay alittle more and get yourself a PC with a good GPU or Gaming Laptop + that VR device or others....and you're there.

That Facebook one, when just using it's own hardware, is like scaled down experience. Best part is that it's portable, wireless, and affordable....but there are more realistic experience available for those are curious.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 13, 2021 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Cmon Trey! Please get us out of this QB purgatory we've been in since Steve retired.

For real, we're rooting for him to become the franchise. There are kids who are now of drinking age since we last had a true FQB.

If we drop out of the playoff race, I think then we'll see Trey.

That doesn't deserve a smiley

Yeah, I know - I'm rooting for Trey.

Switch or belt, you decide.

One is not exclusive of the other.
Howse about . . . Switch and belt? Or rather . . . Incorporate and belt?

I'd wager that the Niners win this week. Kyle will scheme to the Bengal's weaknesses play into what Garoppolo does best. But it's what happens after that which will matter. Does Shanahan have the foresight manage this success?

Garoppolo is the Steve Deberg of the 2020's. It's already late days. Irrespective of the next game's outcome, Trey Lance HAS to be getting some serious practice with the ones. And game exposure too. Thinking long and short term, that's critical to Trey's level of "readiness". Which may also be needed if we make it as far as the play-offs this season.

Anything else is a waste, as Steve Young put it. I do have my doubts that Shanahan gets on with it, though. It'll be a wasted opportunity.

It's best for Trey and the team long term, but possibly not the 2021 49ers, and in Shanahan's scales, it has to be that 2021 carries more weight. He'll risk losing the team if he benches Jimmy and Trey doesn't immediately show he's obviously better (unless the team is eliminated or essentially eliminated).

I'm not saying bench Jimmy. NO!!
Jimmy remains the starter. I'm saying incorporate Trey into the gameplan. As was planned from the outset. Get him more ready. Some experience.

IMO this team isn't going to the Superbowl solely on the back of Garoppolo. No way. No how. He's simply not good enough; in fact, he's a liability who's holding back the team. If everybody is healthy, they get lucky bounces and play error free football, they could get past the first round. But even to do that they will need an X-factor. Trey could be that X-factor. Giving Lance the reps and game experience. You might need him now. It'll help determine if he's the guy going forward too.
So they thinking about bringing Jimmy back next year. This dude must be awful in practice.
Originally posted by susweel:
So they thinking about bringing Jimmy back next year. This dude must be awful in practice.

It's worrying for sure.

How many firsts will that be that they've f**ked up
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

It's worrying for sure.

How many firsts will that be that they've f**ked up

I think it's just because of the story breaking that Jimmy will be traded this offseason.

This is the media doing what the media does. Sensationalist crap to drum up contraversy/clicks not based in truth whatsoever.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This is the media doing what the media does. Sensationalist crap to drum up contraversy/clicks not based in truth whatsoever.

Or John trying to use the media for his/the team's benefit.

Relax. Trey was about as raw as they get when he was drafted. I would not have a problem with him sitting in 2022. Steve Young sat as did Aaron Rodgers.
Originally posted by SuckitPete:
Relax. Trey was about as raw as they get when he was drafted. I would not have a problem with him sitting in 2022. Steve Young sat as did Aaron Rodgers.

But they had Joe Montana and Brett Favre
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

I've thought alot about this lately regarding Lance and the technology that is now out there.

Glad to hear our ownership confirming that we're putting it to good use.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yeah, Jimmy will be QB 2 to Starter Trey.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by SuckitPete:

But they had Joe Montana and Brett Favre

But Steve was bounced out of Tampa because he wasn't that good. Aaron fell to 31 because nobody wanted him. You have no idea how Trey will pan out.
Share 49ersWebzone