Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erminion:
You cannot compare the offensive skill players that Herbert and Burrow had the luxury of working with their rookie years vs. what Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson have going for them now. With all this said Herbert and Burrow are without question, special talents.

this throw is stupid..Herbert is a stud.

Jimmy had the same throw against the Bengals, but Benjamin dropped it.

Granted, Jimmy's throw took almost a full second longer to get there.

You're comparing Herbert and JG's deep ball

Should we not? They're both NFL QBs and both should be held to the same standards.

Beautiful throw.

But one is throwing on the run with full momentum to launch it and the other, inside a pocket he couldn't fully step up in...and Travis Benjamin. So there's that. Haha

Hmm, I don't know. Jimmy had a pretty long wind-up and a few hop steps to build up to his throw whereas Herbert had about .1 seconds to setup for the throw before getting hit.

The wind-up and the hang-time ensured Benjamin was going to outrun the throw, though he still should have caught it.
You cannot compare the offensive skill players that Herbert and Burrow had the luxury of working with their rookie years vs. what Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson have going for them now. With all this said Herbert and Burrow are without question, special talents.

Should we not? They're both NFL QBs and both should be held to the same standards.

Beautiful throw.

But one is throwing on the run with full momentum to launch it and the other, inside a pocket he couldn't fully step up in...and Travis Benjamin. So there's that. Haha

Hmm, I don't know. Jimmy had a pretty long wind-up and a few hop steps to build up to his throw whereas Herbert had about .1 seconds to setup for the throw before getting hit.

The wind-up and the hang-time ensured Benjamin was going to outrun the throw, though he still should have caught it.

Didn't look like that guy had to slow down, wasn't perfect perfect in stride but it was a great throw. Benjamin had to slow down, but regardless has to make that catch.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Beautiful throw.

Didn't look like that guy had to slow down, wasn't perfect perfect in stride but it was a great throw. Benjamin had to slow down, but regardless has to make that catch.
He didn't have to throw it 50 yards high in the air also
I remember first reading about the VR back with BeatHard. Hopefully it's improved greatly since then.

I want the one Sylvester Stallone used with Sandra Bullock

Beautiful throw.

Maybe if JG had the ability to escape the pocket, the throws would be more comparable
Beautiful throw.

So now "full momentum" and "on the run" is an advantage throwing the rock after he's preached constantly how guys that get out of the pocket are sinful and a problem for their own team!?

Which is it?
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 14, 2021 at 7:37 PM ]
Wild rumor but this is one the first ones way back in Feb/March last year saying Lance to SF…Larry Krueger KNBR also tweeted something similar last week

"Garoppolo & McGlinchey heading to #Denver for a 2nd rnd pick."

Is it to get out of McGlinchey's contract too?

Doesn't seem like a good deal at all.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Wild rumor but this is one the first ones way back in Feb/March last year saying Lance to SF…Larry Krueger KNBR also tweeted something similar last week

When you don't know the difference between "piece" and "peace" you really shouldn't be throwing out random BS like this.

I doubt that deal would still be a possibility after McGlinchey tore his quad.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I doubt that deal would still be a possibility after McGlinchey tore his quad.

You never know, but Jimmy's a 2nd round value pick was back when he only had two games under his belt. I would think making it to the super bowl and having a good winning percentage, and some of his outstanding performances against the Saints, Jags, and Green Bay in 2019 wouldn't *hurt* his stock value, but rather should help it. ShanaLynch have driven hard bargains for their offensive pieces - 5th rounder for Brieda for example - I"d expect a 2nd rounder being the starting point for negotiations, not the ending point.
Should we sign Kap to backup Lance next season?
Originally posted by Giedi:
You never know, but Jimmy's a 2nd round value pick was back when he only had two games under his belt. I would think making it to the super bowl and having a good winning percentage, and some of his outstanding performances against the Saints, Jags, and Green Bay in 2019 wouldn't *hurt* his stock value, but rather should help it. ShanaLynch have driven hard bargains for their offensive pieces - 5th rounder for Brieda for example - I"d expect a 2nd rounder being the starting point for negotiations, not the ending point.

Potential, risk/reward, et. al. all play a factor into that value, though. As you should know, virtually no 1st round pick is even guaranteed to have a good career.

You are not really understanding the growth he should've had by now vs. the growth he's actually had,...and the fact that alot more bad tape is verifiable on film now than back then with only 2 games under his belt.

I mean,...you can propose what you want,...but the bottom line is he's going to have to look more consistent as this season closes if we're to get anything more than a 3rd for him.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 16, 2021 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Potential, risk/reward, et. al. all play a factor into that value, though. As you should no, virtually no 1st round pick is even guaranteed to have a good career.

You are not really understanding the growth he should've had by now vs. the growth he's actually had,...and the fact that alot more bad tape is verifiable on film now than back then with only 2 games under his belt.

I mean,...you can propose what you want,...but the bottom line is he's going to have to look more consistent as this season closes if we're to get anything more than a 3rd for him.

Sam Darnold went for a future second rounder plus some…. If you think Jimmy won't garner what Sam did….and if you think we'd let him go for anything less than max value….

Nevermind. Just bookmark some of these silly posts… we'll come back to them
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Should we sign Kap to backup Lance next season?

Nick Foles.
Share 49ersWebzone