There are 275 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just think Trey with like 55 mil in avail cap space and we get back into the first round.
I am at a loss about how much draft capital the 49ers gave up for him !! That was unbelievably the stupidest thing I ever seen from this team
here me out! We have NO clue how good he is going to be and the team has not once shown they trust him? So what was the f**king point here?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I can't believe we gave up all those picks for this guy. As of right now all the rookie QB's are far better.

Zach Wilson? Really?
Trevor Lawrence? Seriously?

Question? Do you even watch NFL games? Do you even know what the NFL stands for? The game of football?

Now, if you want to make the case for Mac Jones or Justin Fields, you have a point.

Trey will get his chance. But, probably not this season.

Lmao if Kyle could trade Trey AND Jimmy for either Zach or Trevor, he'd do it in a heartbeat. Both rookie QBs went to dumpster juice organizations that probably shouldn't of drafted QBs. Not surprised at all by their struggles

I think Trevor is in trouble. Even in spite of being on s**t teams, rookie QBs who end up being good at least show something their rookie years. Lawrence hasnt flashed at all. Time will tell, but I wouldnt count on him being any good.
Originally posted by 49ermark:
I am at a loss about how much draft capital the 49ers gave up for him !! That was unbelievably the stupidest thing I ever seen from this team
here me out! We have NO clue how good he is going to be and the team has not once shown they trust him? So what was the f**king point here?

Keep this receipt.
if lance can get up to herbert and josh allen's level, we should be in really good shape

This is the master of panic reaction. Just relax and meditate on it. KS and JL know more football in one fingernail than the collective wisdom of NT. They staked their jobs on this young man. We have a 2014 Honda Civic we are still driving with a for sale sign in the back window and a 2021 Mercedes S Class in the garage.

Life is good
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah, i mean Checkdown Alex never made it to the super bowl as a starting QB, and he got 2 seconds. We'll see how it goes. Just freeing up 27 million in cap space is already a significant value, in addition to any draft capital we recover.

#1 Overall originally. You guys seeing a theme here yet in these comparisons? lol.

A draftpick's 2nd team is always super-curious about what or how things would be different if they took that same "talent" and tried to do something with it. 3rd teams,...not-so-much.

Damn you went way out on that limb huh?

If jimmy finishes out the season consistent with how he's played so far, we'll get more for him than many of you think. Not because he's awesome, but because a) not alot of good draft prospects and b) a few teams that are legitimately a decent QB away from contending.

we shall see
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
if lance can get up to herbert and josh allen's level, we should be in really good shape

Well yeah of course we would be. We would be in better shape than we are now. LOL

If lance can get up to Jimmy's level, we should be in good shape 🤣🤣🤣
If you cannot see the potential Trey has, you must have blinders on. The 2 biggest things Jimmy has over Trey at this point is 1) experience in the system and 2) trust from Shanahan. Jimmy knows Shanahan's system inside and out. Shanahan trusts Jimmy in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. Jimmy has proven time and time again that no matter how poorly he may play through the first 3 1/2 quarters, he is, a majority of the time, clutch at the end of games.

Originally posted by 5thSFG:

This cant be the bar we set for Lance.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Well yeah of course we would be. We would be in better shape than we are now. LOL

we should be patient with trey though

that would be depressing considering everything we gave up to get him

that would be depressing

Fixed
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This is the master of panic reaction. Just relax and meditate on it. KS and JL know more football in one fingernail than the collective wisdom of NT. They staked their jobs on this young man. We have a 2014 Honda Civic we are still driving with a for sale sign in the back window and a 2021 Mercedes S Class in the garage.

Life is good

I came on this board today not to be attacked so viciously...I drive a honda civic but I do like the analogy lol..
Share 49ersWebzone