LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 254 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Scooper1:
If Trey could be anywhere near what Herbert is someday. Wow! His receivers don't seem to drop his absolute rockets either.

He's nowhere near that accuracy. Arm strength isn't quite that either.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If Trey could be anywhere near what Herbert is someday. Wow! His receivers don't seem to drop his absolute rockets either.

Trey's arm strength is right there with Herbert's. Trey is even more athletic but he's 21. Plenty O time. In the meantime Kyle is stuck with the 2015 Honda Civic that the players are guarding with their lives. With our secondary problems, Jimmy will have to find some NoS for that four banger against any of the superstar qb's in the playoffs.

You watch Trey's college deep ball film??????? Beautiful touch.Check it out on YouTube, get some education 👍

You're on repeat again bud
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal1632:

You watch Trey's college deep ball film??????? Beautiful touch.Check it out on YouTube, get some education 👍

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I think Trevor is in trouble. Even in spite of being on s**t teams, rookie QBs who end up being good at least show something their rookie years. Lawrence hasnt flashed at all. Time will tell, but I wouldnt count on him being any good.

He got dealt the Alex Smith hand. Baalke is even involved. Obviously Smith wasn't a generational prospect, but both were thrown on to dumpster fire organizations with a clueless coach and a terrible roster.

Just watch, Lance will be the lucky one who went to a good team that had the luxury of allowing him to develop before being thrown to the wolves. Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields are all in trouble because of their unstable situations.

Agree, once the bad situation gets to them - as in that it affects their confidence in themselves - they're going to be toast. Steve YOung got into a bad situation with Tampa it took Walsh years and lots of time to rebuild Steve Young's career - also credit with Steve Young, his mental fortitude was outstandingly strong and outstandingly disciplined.

Trey Lance has the best situation, and the best Offensive coach in the game. Kyle will build a team around Trey and even make Trey more dangerous than he would have been if he'd been chosen by another team. I mean if you just look at Kyle's *insane* ability to spot running backs in the late rounds. If Trey always has a powerful ground attack - it's going to be tough to stop his passing attack. One of the problems with Elway, Staubach, and Terry Bradshaw had at the beginning of their careers was a lack of a ground game. Once these QB's got some RB's they could lean on - the sky was the limit.

Trey's arm strength is right there with Herbert's. Trey is even more athletic but he's 21. Plenty O time. In the meantime Kyle is stuck with the 2015 Honda Civic that the players are guarding with their lives. With our secondary problems, Jimmy will have to find some NoS for that four banger against any of the superstar qb's in the playoffs.

It's not there with Herbert's. Nowhere near the accuracy either.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I think their arms are comparable, the accuracy has yet to be determined.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think their arms are comparable, the accuracy has yet to be determined.

I've seen Trey hit dimes *on the move,* so I don't buy the thinking that he's not accurate. As for arm strength, he's throwing absolute deep strikes without any sort of wind up and torque that Jimmy has to generate. I mean it's like he's flicking his wrists out there.

But agree, that it's still unknown if he has the instincts of a legendary player. If you look at some of the greatest players out there, they just *knew* when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. Like Joe's strike to John Taylor in the Lombardi game, that was a beautifully drawn play and it was thrown with accuracy and touch. Can Trey perform like that under tremendous pressure? It's totally unknown at this point. It's a risk that ShanaLynch has gambled their life on. I think Trey can, he looked great *on occasion* in the AZ game, we shall see.

Treys arm is absolutely on par. Accuracy in the NFL, from the little tape we gave on trey, yeah i agree. Not on herbs accuracy level but we will see as time goes on

It's going to take a couple of years for Trey. I expect this thread to go gloom and doom next year. Then 2023 love love love.

We haven't seen much but yeah, Trey has had a couple beauties. Patience in the fan base is key. I think we have a stud in waiting.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
It's going to take a couple of years for Trey. I expect this thread to go gloom and doom next year. Then 2023 love love love.

We haven't seen much but yeah, Trey has had a couple beauties. Patience in the fan base is key. I think we have a stud in waiting.
He will be ready next year
I mean, Jimmy could go down at any moment. We may need Lance this year.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erson3:

He will be ready next year

Lance will be the week 1 starter next year, put money on it.

lmao in yo dreams about being on par with hebert. trey's arm is barely stronger than jimmys.
Share 49ersWebzone