LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 268 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I mean, Jimmy could go down at any moment. We may need Lance this year.

Exactly my man. We upgraded the most important position in all of sports. We now have what is known as a backup plan. Recall when Bledsoe when down Brady went in it was the start of the dynasty. You never know when your moment will come. I feel good about our QB room. Not only do we have Trey, but I think his selection lit and honest to god fire under Jimmy he's playing each game like it's his last leaving it all out there.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
trey's arm is barely stronger than jimmys.

nominee for worst take right here
When you see Herbert making these deep throws (Mahomes as well) just lacing it 60+ yards over both safeties heads for six, it means teams have to pick their poison. Get roasted on the deep stuff, or keep safeties deep and give up the run and the underneath stuff all day. You force the defense to have to defend the entire field about 70 yards long and 53 yards wide, there's not enough men to occupy that much ground.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
When you see Herbert making these deep throws (Mahomes as well) just lacing it 60+ yards over both safeties heads for six, it means teams have to pick their poison. Get roasted on the deep stuff, or keep safeties deep and give up the run and the underneath stuff all day. You force the defense to have to defend the entire field about 70 yards long and 53 yards wide, there's not enough men to occupy that much ground.

True. Imagine the 49ers run game coupled with Lance's big arm. I don't think Kyle drafted Lance for a ball control rhythm passing game - perhaps that will come in time. Lance was drafted for what he'll bring to the run game and his ability to hit the deeper portions of the field. imo
Originally posted by thl408:

True. Imagine the 49ers run game coupled with Lance's big arm. I don't think Kyle drafted Lance for a ball control rhythm passing game - perhaps that will come in time. Lance was drafted for what he'll bring to the run game and his ability to hit the deeper portions of the field. imo

Makes me think of a Norv Turner style offense

Run like hell then bomb it over the top when they commit to stopping the run
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
It's going to take a couple of years for Trey. I expect this thread to go gloom and doom next year. Then 2023 love love love.

We haven't seen much but yeah, Trey has had a couple beauties. Patience in the fan base is key. I think we have a stud in waiting.
He will be ready next year

Lance will be the week 1 starter next year, put money on it.

Greg Papa on KNBR said that Jimmy looked great at practice yesterday, but he was really impressed with how Lance looked.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
trey's arm is barely stronger than jimmys.

nominee for worst take right here

Have no idea what that dudes smoking
  • thl408
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by thl408:

Makes me think of a Norv Turner style offense

Run like hell then bomb it over the top when they commit to stopping the run

'I don't run the freaking West Coast Offense,' Shanahan explained, except he didn't use the word, 'freaking.' He used a different word we can't print.

The principles are very similar with Norv Turner. I do know that Norv Turner's run game was centered around gap schemes whereas Kyle is zone, although he's diversified his run game over the past 3 years. But I agree with what you said about run like hell then bomb it over them with calculated shots.
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Scooper1:
If Trey could be anywhere near what Herbert is someday. Wow! His receivers don't seem to drop his absolute rockets either.

He's nowhere near that accuracy. Arm strength isn't quite that either.

Trey's arm strength is right there with Herbert's. Trey is even more athletic but he's 21. Plenty O time. In the meantime Kyle is stuck with the 2015 Honda Civic that the players are guarding with their lives. With our secondary problems, Jimmy will have to find some NoS for that four banger against any of the superstar qb's in the playoffs.

lmao in yo dreams about being on par with hebert. trey's arm is barely stronger than jimmys.

lol. Maybe when Trey was a freshman in high school.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
It's going to take a couple of years for Trey. I expect this thread to go gloom and doom next year. Then 2023 love love love.

We haven't seen much but yeah, Trey has had a couple beauties. Patience in the fan base is key. I think we have a stud in waiting.

Greg Papa on KNBR said that Jimmy looked great at practice yesterday, but he was really impressed with how Lance looked.
sitting is helping.. hopefully he can get some real snaps at the end of one of these games
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 17, 2021 at 10:46 AM ]

Originally posted by mitpdub:

sitting is helping.. hopefully he can get some real snaps at the end of one of these games

If they could properly blow a team out and not give the fanbase cardiac problems would probably help in being able to see Trey at the end of games
Anyone notice how hyped Lance was on the sidelines of the Bengals game? It was a small thing but I liked seeing him excited for his team like that.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Anyone notice how hyped Lance was on the sidelines of the Bengals game? It was a small thing but I liked seeing him excited for his team like that.

I've noticed that several times...first one to high-five Garoppolo. Very cool!
Originally posted by NCommand:

I've noticed that several times...first one to high-five Garoppolo. Very cool!
looked bigger than JJ on that play
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, that's good to see that Trey is backing Jimmy and there's no animosity.
Share 49ersWebzone