LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 283 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
He has a strong arm but is about as far from a natural thrower as there is in the nfl. It's why you see the wobbliness and downward trajectory when he tries to rifle it.
He's got plenary arm but this shows when he gets in a hurry and it affects his release.
I love Trey as a person, I really do. But, I wouldn't get too hyped about the ra ra stuff. I can't really imagine Manning or Brady doing that if they weren't starting.

Let's go back in youtube and only look at Toms and Manning's first game only. That's all you can compare for now.

Next year is going to be a doozy here listening to how a throw is two inches too low, too hard or wobbly for a year!
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 17, 2021 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Thoughts on his mechanics? Double hitch? Does the ball drop too low? Thoughts? (asking genuinely)....

The music sucks.
who's our QB coach again?

He needs to show Baby Face how to hold the laces properly so he wont throw ducks..
Originally posted by 9erson3:
He has a strong arm but is about as far from a natural thrower as there is in the nfl. It's why you see the wobbliness and downward trajectory when he tries to rifle it.
He's got plenary arm but this shows when he gets in a hurry and it affects his release.
I love Trey as a person, I really do. But, I wouldn't get too hyped about the ra ra stuff. I can't really imagine Manning or Brady doing that if they weren't starting.

Let's go back in youtube and only look at Toms and Manning's first game only. That's all you can compare for now.

Next year is going to be a doozy here listening to how a throw is two inches too low, too hard or wobbly for a year!

No, you have 4x times the college production, at Michigan and Tennessee, vs light years better competition.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lance will be fine - now, he just needs playing time.
Originally posted by mayo49:

But it feels like Shanahan won't play him unless he thinks he's "perfect" as opposed to "learn/grow as you play"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

But it feels like Shanahan won't play him unless he thinks he's "perfect" as opposed to "learn/grow as you play"

I know it seems that way, but he was never going to play him, no matter how close he was to perfect.
No, you have 4x times the college production, at Michigan and Tennessee, vs light years better competition.

Trevor and the other draft boys say hello. All that college level production hoopla translated right into super stars right out of the gate right? All studs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Thoughts on his mechanics? Double hitch? Does the ball drop too low? Thoughts? (asking genuinely)....

The music sucks.

Why, because it's not rap?

We need to get good value for Jimmy when we trade him. The best way to do that is showcase his talent on the field leading hopefully into a playoff run. There was a risk this approach would blow up in Kyle's face if Jimmy played poorly and he certainly did early on but to his credit he has stepped up and is probably playing at the maximum level that his talent will allow. We are in a great position imo. Jimmy is firing and Trey is right there behind him pushing him hard. Jimmy ain't stupid. He can see Trey is loaded with potential but lacks experince. He is a real pro and right now is playing probably as good as he can knowing full well that his replacement is breathing down his neck so good on him for that. I'm excited

If for some reason the team decides to keep both Jimmy and Trey next season there are people in here who's heads are literally going to explode. It might be worth seeing them do it just for that.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Trey is going to be a Monster next year
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bewdynewkJH38:

We need to get good value for Jimmy when we trade him. The best way to do that is showcase his talent on the field leading hopefully into a playoff run. There was a risk this approach would blow up in Kyle's face if Jimmy played poorly and he certainly did early on but to his credit he has stepped up and is probably playing at the maximum level that his talent will allow. We are in a great position imo. Jimmy is firing and Trey is right there behind him pushing him hard. Jimmy ain't stupid. He can see Trey is loaded with potential but lacks experince. He is a real pro and right now is playing probably as good as he can knowing full well that his replacement is breathing down his neck so good on him for that. I'm excited
Agree!
Jimmy right now, is playing to stay in the NFL and be a starter next year on (possibly the 49ers - very remote chance of that) or somewhere else in the NFL. He is being a great professional at doing so, and you have to hand it to ShanaLynch about being truthful and open to Jimmy from after the end of last season onwards. They have kept Jimmy informed every step of the way, up to and including why they wanted a new QB, and why the picked Trey. Contrast that with the unprofessional way Urban Meyer has run his team.

As for Trey, I"m personally impressed with his Athleticism and arm talent. The question I have (that we all have) is can he progress and read defenses as well as Jimmy? We won't know that for a while. We all will have to be patient and trust in Kyle, who's worked with and developed some very capable QBs in the Past. For example, Nick Mullens (I hear) is now a starting QB for an NFL team. Now clearly Nick would not be picked to start, if he wasn't capable vs all the *other* QB's available out there. We shall see if he plays more than a game or two at starter. But still, Mullen's had only about 5% of the physical gifts of Trey, and Kyle turned Nick, an undrafted player into an NFL starter. Imagine what Kyle can do with a guy as physically blessed talentwise as Trey?
It's all positives right now with Jimmy but all it takes is one miss pass or ill advised throw that cost the Niners a playoff game and the whole attitude within the organization will change when it comes to Jimmy staying in 2022. Remember it was all positive in 2019 for Jimmy and then he missed that pass to Sanders and the talk of Niners maybe wanting to move on started to grow.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
It's all positives right now with Jimmy but all it takes is one miss pass or ill advised throw that cost the Niners a playoff game and the whole attitude within the organization will change when it comes to Jimmy staying in 2022. Remember it was all positive in 2019 for Jimmy and then he missed that pass to Sanders and the talk of Niners maybe wanting to move on started to grow.

That's true any time you lose. When Joe lost to the NY Giants, everybody in the media started to question him. What has saved Jimmy is that he also *wins.*
Share 49ersWebzone