LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 289 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
That's because we have Bryce, he's who I wanted tj save our ammo for. Still, the offense has take. A rather large step back. Yes, we lost lots of talent, but pretty much all Bama fans are now admitting we underestimated Mac nasty coming into last year. He's got intangibles that are off the charts.

No one hands the ball off better

Mac has 40 more attempts than Jimmy G in one more game and more attempts than many QBs in the league. He's only a rookie and is on par with Jimmy G on a much inferior offense. His Go-To WR is Kendrick Bourne.

As of today, we should have stayed put at 12, kept the future picks, and picked Jones. If Trey becomes a stud, doesn't matter though.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 18, 2021 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Mac has 40 more attempts than Jimmy G in one more game and more attempts than many QBs in the league. He's only a rookie and is on par with Jimmy G on a much inferior offense. His Go-To WR is Kendrick Bourne.

As of today, we should have stayed put at 12, kept the future picks, and picked Jones. If Trey becomes a stud, doesn't matter though.

Mac isn't asked to do much
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Yeah, Trey can do everything that Mac is doing, plus he can run.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Trey can do everything that Mac can physically (and more), correct. but Mac Jones is on a different level mentally when it comes to identifying defenses, audibles, etc. That isn't a knock on Trey, I am sure once he has the experience he will thrive, but Mac was the most NFL ready QB in the draft - just not the "sexiest".

So it really isn't a fair comparison to say that Trey would of had the same or better results than Mac because of his physical ability. A majority of this game is between the ears and intangilbes, such as leadership. The patriots may have won some games this season because of Macs football IQ and experience at top programs, that Trey wouldn't of been able to provide. albeit, you could say trey would of made plays that mac cant, resulting in them winning games too - I understand that. I'm just saying that Mac was about as ready as a rookie could be to step into an NFL offense and run it. Trey, and neither were any of the other QBs in the draft, wasn't quite ready to do that. The results speak for themselves, much more talented Rookie QBs are struggling historically bad this year.
I know but hell with it. New England run game getting destroyed cause the colts have 0 respect for Mac. Dems Da Facts!!!!
[ Edited by Izyniner on Dec 18, 2021 at 5:58 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

That's because we have Bryce, he's who I wanted tj save our ammo for. Still, the offense has take. A rather large step back. Yes, we lost lots of talent, but pretty much all Bama fans are now admitting we underestimated Mac nasty coming into last year. He's got intangibles that are off the charts.

You don't go with a QB who's marginally better at Jimmy with the 12th pick.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

So you trade up to draft one who may never be as good as Jimmy is now?

Yep. He may also be multitudes better then Jimmy. That's kinda how the draft goes…
NDSU not missing Trey a bit. Playing in the championship game next week with a sophomore qb from somewhere in Iowa. Like Trey, he reverts to his legs in tight games. Trey will remain the luckiest player of all time….the pandemic allowed him to be over drafted after not being good enough to play power conference football 15 games ago. I just hate it was us who not only took the bait, but traded the future for the opportunity

Go be a Patriots fan. Your heart belongs to Andy Dalton 2.0 anyways.

Your act is old. Never would tell a fan to go root for another team…but seriously do everyone a favor and go root for the Pats. Because you aren't a niner fan
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Your act is old. Never would tell a fan to go root for another team…but seriously do everyone a favor and go root for the Pats. Because you aren't a niner fan

He already said he was thinking about switching teams. Imagine if this kid was a niner fan during the 2000s lol

He ain't even better than Jimmy
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

Trey can do everything that Mac can physically (and more), correct. but Mac Jones is on a different level mentally when it comes to identifying defenses, audibles, etc. That isn't a knock on Trey, I am sure once he has the experience he will thrive, but Mac was the most NFL ready QB in the draft - just not the "sexiest".

So it really isn't a fair comparison to say that Trey would of had the same or better results than Mac because of his physical ability. A majority of this game is between the ears and intangilbes, such as leadership. The patriots may have won some games this season because of Macs football IQ and experience at top programs, that Trey wouldn't of been able to provide. albeit, you could say trey would of made plays that mac cant, resulting in them winning games too - I understand that. I'm just saying that Mac was about as ready as a rookie could be to step into an NFL offense and run it. Trey, and neither were any of the other QBs in the draft, wasn't quite ready to do that. The results speak for themselves, much more talented Rookie QBs are struggling historically bad this year.

I think he can do what Mac can do, thats between the ears. However he has to prove it on the field next year. His physical gifts can somewhat make up the difference if not, but eventually he's expected to process plays like Drew Brees, with all that draft capital spent on him. What I'm hearing from the practices is that he's well on his way to do that. I'm really trusting more Kyle than anything else on this one with regards to the stuff he has between the ears.
I wasn't here during the draft but weren't you all hoping for Lance and when the pick came in out of your mind? I was out of mind excited and still am.

Seems not many happy with Trey and I just don't understand why. Maybe it was the right move to just learn this year. Was not my choice by the way, but dang in a couple of years we are going to be a top offense in the league. Just feeling it.
Share 49ersWebzone