LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 246 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I wasn't here during the draft but weren't you all hoping for Lance and when the pick came in out of your mind? I was out of mind excited and still am.

Seems not many happy with Trey and I just don't understand why. Maybe it was the right move to just learn this year. Was not my choice by the way, but dang in a couple of years we are going to be a top offense in the league. Just feeling it.

I was more excited we didn't take Mac Jones, though I was fine with taking Lance. The more Jones plays the more I feel validated for not wanting him.

Lol 9-5 and rookie of the year. Didn't have to give up assets.
And to the OP, it was anyone BUT Lance for me. He has a long ways to go to become even a serviceable starting qb. Like him as a kid/person, just the most unknown player ever taken in the top 10.
I mean they(NDSU)haven't missed a beat without him and are in the championship again.

"Lol 9-5 and rookie of the year. Didn't have to give up assets."

He's the poster child for why QB wins shouldn't be a thing. How many of those 9 wins have the opposing QBs even thrown for more than 200 yards? What percentage of Jones's passes have been screens or thrown behind the line of scrimmage? Nah, I feel good about our decision for the long run.

"I mean they(NDSU)haven't missed a beat without him and are in the championship again."

And? The same could be said for Alabama and Mac Jones. Surprise, good programs produce good teams.
Seeing how Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson are doing this season. I'm glad Trey is just sitting and learning. This is best case scenario if Trey doesn't play.
And to the OP, it was anyone BUT Lance for me. He has a long ways to go to become even a serviceable starting qb. Like him as a kid/person, just the most unknown player ever taken in the top 10.
I mean they(NDSU)haven't missed a beat without him and are in the championship again.

You remind me of my ex wife
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Up 31-13 4 minutes left i thought he would give the kid the ball

booo

NOPE. N-O-P-E. Nada. Nyet. Those days are long gone. Kyle not thinking his starting qb like a personal play toy anymore.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Up 31-13 4 minutes left i thought he would give the kid the ball

booo

Give him the ball to do what exactly? Practice his handoffs?

Run trey running plays. Not QB sneaks but the type of offense he is getting ready for. More inside zone or read option or RPO stuff.

3rd down let him throw or scramble.

At that time/score combo a 3nd and out or even a pick 6 doesnt risk blowing the game.

Just get him some experience against the worst defense in the league
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Not ready to play. Shanahan has no confidence in him.

Oh for f**k's sake, just let him chill in peace. Its a nice and rare luxury to not have to throw your rookie QB out there and simply let them take everything in, see how a vet QB handles themselves, study film and set themselves up to come in strong out of the gates.

You must be new here he posts this every day for the last 2-3 months.
Run trey running plays. Not QB sneaks but the type of offense he is getting ready for. More inside zone or read option or RPO stuff.

At that time/score combo a 3nd and out or even a pick 6 doesnt risk blowing the game.

Bullcrap.

And what if he blows out a knee and we actually need him next week or some time down the road. All so he can get some trash time reps in? Gtfoh.
Originally posted by kdoggie:

Bullcrap.

And what if he blows out a knee and we actually need him next week or some time down the road. All so he can get some trash time reps in? Gtfoh.

Your what if goes both ways

What if Jimmy of Deebo had blown out a knee in gsrbage time?

Trash reps are valuable for rookie QBs who need experience

Uh, no!
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Sounds like Alabama

Chase is have a superior rookie campaign by every measure.

Dude, nobody gives a s**t about Mac Jones in the NT anymore. Either get over it, or go join a Patriots forum
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Seeing how Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson are doing this season. I'm glad Trey is just sitting and learning. This is best case scenario if Trey doesn't play.

Exactly. Trey's time will come, but right now we should enjoy the fact that we have a stronger QB room today than we have had in decades.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That's because we have Bryce, he's who I wanted tj save our ammo for. Still, the offense has take. A rather large step back. Yes, we lost lots of talent, but pretty much all Bama fans are now admitting we underestimated Mac nasty coming into last year. He's got intangibles that are off the charts.

No one hands the ball off better

Mac has 40 more attempts than Jimmy G in one more game and more attempts than many QBs in the league. He's only a rookie and is on par with Jimmy G on a much inferior offense. His Go-To WR is Kendrick Bourne.

As of today, we should have stayed put at 12, kept the future picks, and picked Jones. If Trey becomes a stud, doesn't matter though.

If Lance is a franchise QB better than Mac Jones, then the picks are worth it.
People forget, Trey Lance is the backup QB... if something happens to Jimmy... Trey needs to get in there and save the season.

You don't risk your backup QB for plays in a meaningless moments. Sure hand offs and kneel downs are fine.

If we carried three QBs...and the 3rd was a vet QB, then sure... get Trey some experience. But that's not the scenario we are in right now.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 19, 2021 at 10:31 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That's because we have Bryce, he's who I wanted tj save our ammo for. Still, the offense has take. A rather large step back. Yes, we lost lots of talent, but pretty much all Bama fans are now admitting we underestimated Mac nasty coming into last year. He's got intangibles that are off the charts.

No one hands the ball off better

Mac has 40 more attempts than Jimmy G in one more game and more attempts than many QBs in the league. He's only a rookie and is on par with Jimmy G on a much inferior offense. His Go-To WR is Kendrick Bourne.

As of today, we should have stayed put at 12, kept the future picks, and picked Jones. If Trey becomes a stud, doesn't matter though.

If Lance is a franchise QB better than Mac Jones, then the picks are worth it.

Agree. I'm hoping Trey will be Mac Jones in the six inches between his ears, and that he also can run and has a much stronger arm!
Share 49ersWebzone