LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 330 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'm starting to think Trey has legit MVP chances next season. Best LT, best FB, best TE, one of the best WR, Aiyuk getting on Deebo's level, KS dialing it up. This could be historic.

Oh, please. Where does this stuff come from? Fred Warner says Trey is doing a good job in practice and somehow that equates to him being a "legit MVP" candidate next year. I swear the leaps in reasoning that people have taken about this kid since he was drafted are really something. Can't remember ever seeing anything like it before.

Less from anything Fred says more from he was #3 overall and has the weapons and coach in place. We've seen young QBs put up numbers. Lamar, Mahomes and Josh Allen were at one point all MVP longshots and won except for Allen who has finished 2nd.
Oh, please. Where does this stuff come from? Fred Warner says Trey is doing a good job in practice and somehow that equates to him being a "legit MVP" candidate next year. I swear the leaps in reasoning that people have taken about this kid since he was drafted are really something. Can't remember ever seeing anything like it before.

The hype coming from practice is reminding people of the similar hype mahomes was generating at the same stage of his development...he generated buzz as the scout qb too

we are trying to copy that blueprint in QB development so it is good to hear

let people enjoy some hope for the future and kindly f**k off with your grinch routine
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Dec 22, 2021 at 1:22 PM ]
They said his injured finger affected his accuracy and it lingered and now it's fully healed. And I also wonder if that is why he had trouble throwing a spiral. He never had an issue throwing spirals in college or at the combine.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
I'm starting to think Trey has legit MVP chances next season. Best LT, best FB, best TE, one of the best WR, Aiyuk getting on Deebo's level, KS dialing it up. This could be historic.

Less from anything Fred says more from he was #3 overall and has the weapons and coach in place. We've seen young QBs put up numbers. Lamar, Mahomes and Josh Allen were at one point all MVP longshots and won except for Allen who has finished 2nd.

I think the niners take at least the top three MVP positions

Deebo - obvious MVP
Bosa - would be MVP but he can't compete with 26 touchdowns from Deebo
Trent Williams - see Bosa

It's probably a stretch, but I think it's about similar to the bust talk. I'd be shocked if Trey busts, just has too much between the ears and too much work ethic. He'd have half a chance if he was half as talented.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

It's probably a stretch, but I think it's about similar to the bust talk. I'd be shocked if Trey busts, just has too much between the ears and too much work ethic. He'd have half a chance if he was half as talented.

I just don't think anyone in here has a legitimate idea of what kind of player Lance is going to be, one way or the other. Personally, I hope he turns out to be great but I'll reserve judgement until I have actually seen him play more than six quarters of okay football. He came into the league with less experience than any other prospect in decades but ever since he got here its been, "Oh, he's going to be great at this", or "Oh, he's going to be great at that". There is certainly nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm but, as I said, I can't ever remember seeing this kind conjecture and projection and pre-mature speculation about a player. It's a bit puzzling.

I just don't think anyone in here has a legitimate idea of what kind of player Lance is going to be, one way or the other. Personally, I hope he turns out to be great but I'll reserve judgement until I have actually seen him play more than six quarters of okay football. He came into the league with less experience than any other prospect in decades but ever since he got here its been, "Oh, he's going to be great at this", or "Oh, he's going to be great at that". There is certainly nothing wrong with a bit of enthusiasm but, as I said, I can't ever remember seeing this kind conjecture and projection and pre-mature speculation about a player. It's a bit puzzling.
4F6 type posts is what starts all the back and forth crap that happens here. It's the very reason why Lance has haters here,, cause people hyped him up so much before the season.

why can't we just wait see
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 22, 2021 at 1:50 PM ]

I agree with the bold which is why I repeatedly said it's BS to assume this season would be wasted if Trey Lance started from week one.

No one knows what would have happened if Lance got the first team reps since training camp.

But I believe I've seen you support that sentiment from other posters that we would be worse off in this scenario with Lance starting.

Isn't that contradicting yourself?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I agree with the bold which is why I repeatedly said it's BS to assume this season would be wasted if Trey Lance started from week one.

No one knows what would have happened if Lance got the first team reps since training camp.

But I believe I've seen you support that sentiment from other posters that we would be worse off in this scenario with Lance starting.

I trust in KS who makes roster decisions on weekly starters. I don't see any contradiction in KS belief that JG gives the best chance in 2021 and TL gives the best chance in 2022. The league and the players in it are not static.

I trust in KS who makes roster decisions on weekly starters. I don't see any contradiction in KS belief that JG gives the best chance in 2021 and TL gives the best chance in 2022. The league and the players in it are not static.

That's not my point though.

Here's the contradiction I'm trying explain:

It's not okay to assume Lance will play very well in 2022 but it's okay to assume starting Lance this year would result in a wasted season.

We either know who Lance is as a player or we don't.

I think it's obvious we don't yet.

So I could be wrong but I believe 49ers81 agreed with the wasted season idea which would mean he does assume what kind of player Lance is and that's the opposite of his reasoning now.

That's not my point though.

Here's the contradiction I'm trying explain:

It's not okay to assume Lance will play very well in 2022 but it's okay to assume starting Lance this year would result in a wasted season.

We either know who Lance is as a player or we don't.

I think it's obvious we don't yet.

So I could be wrong but I believe 49ers81 agreed with the wasted season idea which would mean he does assume what kind of player Lance is and that's the opposite of his reasoning now.

I see. I try to assume very little. We can I believe safely assume that KS sees JG as better now than TL. Who knows about wasted season per se, but you don't want to start a suboptimal QB just for development sake unless you are say the Jets, Jaguars or Texans, some team like that clearly eyeing the future, which we clearly are not as we are in the playoff hunt.

As far as 2022 I don't assume Trey will be an MVP just saying all the elements are in place for a potential MVP season. It would be the max upside of his potential outcomes. I may put some money down as I assume let's say $100 would return many fold on my investment. As an example you could get 50/1 odds on Mahomes to win MVP after his rookie year. Your $100 would have turned into $5000.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
They said his injured finger affected his accuracy and it lingered and now it's fully healed. And I also wonder if that is why he had trouble throwing a spiral. He never had an issue throwing spirals in college or at the combine.

He throws punts in the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

He throws punts in the NFL.

Just wait til he throws touchdowns and wins games.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

4F6 type posts is what starts all the back and forth crap that happens here. It's the very reason why Lance has haters here,, cause people hyped him up so much before the season.

why can't we just wait see

Nah, I like all the opinions flying around. Makes the boards much more fun, although it does stress the poor Mods.

In China, you can't talk about certain things because the Chines Wumao would censor a lot of things, and it makes for a boring country where nothing happens, and everything is copied.
I was giving Jimmy G his props keeping us with a glimmer of hope…

Then I realized his stats damn near identical to Teddy B….

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-15-2021-season-rankings

🤷🏼‍♂️
Share 49ersWebzone