LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 248 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think last night's game illustrated why the Niners went all in on Trey.

On the Niners side we saw a QB that makes bonehead throws and doesn't have the talent to overcome those mistakes. Misreads and poor throws happen to all QBs but you need to be able to overcome those with good plays. Jimmy didn't make one difficult throw all night. His completions were to wide open guys like the TD to Aiyuk in the 4th. I bet at least 200 of his 300 yards were YAC.

On the other side we see a QB who's inconsistent but has the ability to makwee thos ebig throws when needed. Even more he can use his legs when needed like he did on that 17 yard scramble for a first down. Jimmy has never had a run that long. It's something Trey brings to the table.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
After an entire season you still can't admit you're wrong

grow up

Wrong about what? It's my opinion that Trey should've started from the beginning of the season instead of rolling with average Jimmy thinking that this is a super bowl team.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for eric_anthony.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I believe so too. Unfortunately, we'll most likely see the same Issues next season, watching Trey experience growing pains due to lack of playing time.

He will and I'm willing to be patient with him but he's very talented and I believe he will do some great things with this offense. He's more dynamic than Jimmy and I feel like the offense is gonna be even more explosive. In that AZ game he wasn't terrible and remember his finger still wasn't 100% healed yet. Now it makes sense why he ran the ball a ton in that game.
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

grow up

Wrong about what? It's my opinion that Trey should've started from the beginning of the season instead of rolling with average Jimmy thinking that this is a super bowl team.
Trey is worse than "average Jimmy"
Originally posted by eric_anthony:

grow up

At this moment, I'm sure overall he is. Had he got the experience of the entire season, I'm not so sure that's true.

Of course he's not good now. He hasn't played. If he had been playing since that 4 game losing streak he might have been starting to round into shape. Too late to make a switch now.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Of course he's not good now. He hasn't played. If he had been playing since that 4 game losing streak he might have been starting to round into shape. Too late to make a switch now.

Doubt it, and if he did we'd still probably be 3-4 games worse than we are now. Woo-pee
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 24, 2021 at 7:52 AM ]

Doubt it, and if he did we'd still probably be 3-4 games worse than we are now. Woo-pee

No one knows what the outcome would have been. The bottom line is Trey would have got valuable experience instead of rolling with a lame duck QB who won't be here next year and plays like he knows it.

Please come to reality. We saw how Trey plays the game against AZ. He made one read, and if it wasn't open, he took off running. He ran so much that he got injured. After ONE game.

If Trey had started this season, Jimmy would still be playing. Because Trey would have blown out a knee or busted a leg somewhere along the line and would have been lost for the season.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

No one knows what the outcome would have been. The bottom line is Trey would have got valuable experience instead of rolling with a lame duck QB who won't be here next year and plays like he knows it.

Not interested in seeing young Alex Smith with legs run the ball 16 times. I saw enough from the AZ game where he looked scared and completely lost. No thanks, this isn't 2005
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 24, 2021 at 8:03 AM ]

Not interested in seeing young Alex Smith with legs run the ball 16 times. I saw enough from the AZ game where he looked scared and completely lost. No thanks, this isn't 2005

You're right, Jimmy is so much more exciting 🙄. Jimmy looked totally confident out there and not at all scared or lost last night.

Good luck watching next year. Your boy ain't going to be here.

You're right, Jimmy is so much more exciting 🙄. Jimmy looked totally confident out there and not at all scared or lost last night.

Good luck watching next year. Your boy ain't going to be here.

I said since the middle of yesterdays game that Jimmy is the sole reason we lost lol but sure he's "my boy". Just because imo Kyle & John made a huge mistake giving up 2/3 years worth of first rounders for a kid who looked like young Kaepernick against farmers doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a better option out there. We beat the Titans by double digits with Mac Jones out there, easily.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 24, 2021 at 8:13 AM ]

Rookie QB's don't learn from games. If anything that could stunt their development and ruin them. It has happened with countless rookie QBs.

Whereas the model of sitting and learning the playbook, getting reps in practice and getting comfortable will pay off. It has worked for guys like Rodgers and Mahomes and will work for Trey.

You don't throw a rookie QB into the fire who had one year of starting experience in Div2 football vs NFL defenses and expect good things to happen.
Originally posted by WeTheNorth:
Rookie QB's don't learn from games. If anything that could stunt their development and ruin them. It has happened with countless rookie QBs.

Whereas the model of sitting and learning the playbook, getting reps in practice and getting comfortable will pay off. It has worked for guys like Rodgers and Mahomes and will work for Trey.

You don't throw a rookie QB into the fire who had one year of starting experience in Div2 football vs NFL defenses and expect good things to happen.

Bruh what??? 🤣🤣

QBs don't learn from games? Because mahomes and rogers sat that means sitting is the way to go?

How about the countless QBs who sat and never improved? How about the rookie QBs who didn't sit and looked great?

Im still laughing….you really just tried to tell us flat out that rookie QBs don't learn from playing the game! 🤦🏽🤣🤣🤣
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Dec 24, 2021 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by WeTheNorth:

Post of the year here. QBs don't learn from games.
Share 49ersWebzone