LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 226 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by WeTheNorth:
Rookie QB's don't learn from games. If anything that could stunt their development and ruin them. It has happened with countless rookie QBs.

Whereas the model of sitting and learning the playbook, getting reps in practice and getting comfortable will pay off. It has worked for guys like Rodgers and Mahomes and will work for Trey.

You don't throw a rookie QB into the fire who had one year of starting experience in Div2 football vs NFL defenses and expect good things to happen.

Bruh what??? 🤣🤣

QBs don't learn from games? Because mahomes and rogers sat that means sitting is the way to go?

How about the countless QBs who sat and never improved? How about the rookie QBs who didn't sit and looked great?

Im still laughing….you really just tried to tell us flat out that rookie QBs don't learn from playing the game! 🤦🏽🤣🤣🤣

How is Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson looking? Every rookie QB benefits from sitting and learning instead of getting thrown in to the fire.

Name any rookie high draft pick who sat and didn't work out?
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Trey is worse than "average Jimmy"

Of course he's not good now. He hasn't played. If he had been playing since that 4 game losing streak he might have been starting to round into shape. Too late to make a switch now.

Doubt it, and if he did we'd still probably be 3-4 games worse than we are now. Woo-pee

No one knows what the outcome would have been. The bottom line is Trey would have got valuable experience instead of rolling with a lame duck QB who won't be here next year and plays like he knows it.

Not interested in seeing young Alex Smith with legs run the ball 16 times. I saw enough from the AZ game where he looked scared and completely lost. No thanks, this isn't 2005

You're right, Jimmy is so much more exciting 🙄. Jimmy looked totally confident out there and not at all scared or lost last night.

Good luck watching next year. Your boy ain't going to be here.

I said since the middle of yesterdays game that Jimmy is the sole reason we lost lol but sure he's "my boy". Just because imo Kyle & John made a huge mistake giving up 2/3 years worth of first rounders for a kid who looked like young Kaepernick against farmers doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a better option out there. We beat the Titans by double digits with Mac Jones out there, easily.

How is Lance similar to Kap?
Of course he's not good now. He hasn't played. If he had been playing since that 4 game losing streak he might have been starting to round into shape. Too late to make a switch now.

Wilson and Lawrence have not improved.

After his first start, I am happy to keep Trey healthy while he gets acclimated.
Trey is worse than "average Jimmy"

Doubt it, and if he did we'd still probably be 3-4 games worse than we are now. Woo-pee

No one knows what the outcome would have been. The bottom line is Trey would have got valuable experience instead of rolling with a lame duck QB who won't be here next year and plays like he knows it.

Not interested in seeing young Alex Smith with legs run the ball 16 times. I saw enough from the AZ game where he looked scared and completely lost. No thanks, this isn't 2005

You're right, Jimmy is so much more exciting 🙄. Jimmy looked totally confident out there and not at all scared or lost last night.

Good luck watching next year. Your boy ain't going to be here.

I said since the middle of yesterdays game that Jimmy is the sole reason we lost lol but sure he's "my boy". Just because imo Kyle & John made a huge mistake giving up 2/3 years worth of first rounders for a kid who looked like young Kaepernick against farmers doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a better option out there. We beat the Titans by double digits with Mac Jones out there, easily.

Mac Jones just threw 2 picks, including one in the redzone, against a different AFC South team, so I'm not sure this would have played out any differently with him.
Rookie QB's don't learn from games. If anything that could stunt their development and ruin them. It has happened with countless rookie QBs.

Whereas the model of sitting and learning the playbook, getting reps in practice and getting comfortable will pay off. It has worked for guys like Rodgers and Mahomes and will work for Trey.

You don't throw a rookie QB into the fire who had one year of starting experience in Div2 football vs NFL defenses and expect good things to happen.

Bruh what??? 🤣🤣

QBs don't learn from games? Because mahomes and rogers sat that means sitting is the way to go?

How about the countless QBs who sat and never improved? How about the rookie QBs who didn't sit and looked great?

Im still laughing….you really just tried to tell us flat out that rookie QBs don't learn from playing the game! 🤦🏽🤣🤣🤣

Haha. At least he'll have both now. A full year to get acclimated and a strong foundation to start from for next year.
This would be the perfect week to start Lance against a dysfunctional Houston team, let him learn on the fly and get some much needed live reps, build his confidence before the Rams game. You don't need Jimmy to win against Houston.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

You mean you think they have not improved, unless they are both relatives of yours and have told you such.

There's no way for you to quantify that they have not improved sitting on your couch.
Originally posted by BamaNiner:

Post of the year here. QBs don't learn from games.

There is no formula for developing a good QB. Some need time on the bench and others are better if they learn on the field. It's true that Lance didn't have many games under his belt in college but I'm sure it's the arm talent and the athleticism that Kyle saw. You can't teach those things as we all know after watching Jimmy. Lance may never be as efficient in the short passing game as Jimmy is (that remains to be seen) but he sure as hell will be able to rip off a big gain with his legs on occasion and hit a receiver deep downfield. Two or 3 plays like that per game can be difference makers. They were for the Titans last night. Tannehill didn't run a lot but he made one huge run that kept a drive alive. He hit a couple of really nice long passes that were difference makers. That can often be all it takes.

It's not about accumulating nice stats. It's about making plays that win games.
Hopefully he's off the scout team soon.

Bruh what??? 🤣🤣

How is Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson looking? Every rookie QB benefits from sitting and learning instead of getting thrown in to the fire.

Name any rookie high draft pick who sat and didn't work out?

They will be much better off next year for having played. Troy Aikman was terrible his first year. You have to play.

I still hope Kyle stays patient with Trey. I'm Okay with him still learning. But I do hope we can get some play time against Houston. If his work ethic is as advertise I'm willing to bet we will see a much improved Trey since the Cardinals game.
Originally posted by random49er:

You mean you think they have not improved, unless they are both relatives of yours and have told you such.

There's no way for you to quantify that they have not improved sitting on your couch.

LOL, OK, nice counter argument.

How many Jags and Jets games do you watch?
Originally posted by BYisGod:

All of them, and I rewatch the All 22.

Or I could look at box scores and statistics and seen their results aren't improving.

They may be developing but their results aren't improving.
Originally posted by BYisGod:

All of them, and I rewatch the All 22.

Or I could look at box scores and statistics and seen their results aren't improving.

They may be developing but their results aren't improving.

Call me crazy, but I simply have a hard time believing that someone who presumably has a full-time job and other obligations unrelated to football has time to watch each Jags and Jets game and also watch the All-22. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and good for you. But please, tell me where you find that time because perhaps my time management skills are lacking lol.

The box score point is of little value because—as you implicitly acknowledge—the tape is where the necessary evidence is found. Stats mean little without context from the actual game.

And finally, the "results" are not necessarily generated by Wilson and Lawrence. Recall that the Jets and (especially) the Jags are bad teams with bad and/or rookie head coaches.

Quite frankly, I watch a lot of Jets football, and I do think Wilson has made some strides in an otherwise unremarkable rookie campaign. But it's hard to tell. Lawrence should be free from judgment, however, given that the situation around him is an utter mess.
Share 49ersWebzone