• Veteran
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Of course he's not good now. He hasn't played. If he had been playing since that 4 game losing streak he might have been starting to round into shape. Too late to make a switch now.

Wilson and Lawrence have not improved.

You mean you think they have not improved, unless they are both relatives of yours and have told you such.

There's no way for you to quantify that they have not improved sitting on your couch.

LOL, OK, nice counter argument.

How many Jags and Jets games do you watch?

All of them, and I rewatch the All 22.

Or I could look at box scores and statistics and seen their results aren't improving.

They may be developing but their results aren't improving.

Call me crazy, but I simply have a hard time believing that someone who presumably has a full-time job and other obligations unrelated to football has time to watch each Jags and Jets game and also watch the All-22. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and good for you. But please, tell me where you find that time because perhaps my time management skills are lacking lol.

The box score point is of little value because—as you implicitly acknowledge—the tape is where the necessary evidence is found. Stats mean little without context from the actual game.

And finally, the "results" are not necessarily generated by Wilson and Lawrence. Recall that the Jets and (especially) the Jags are bad teams with bad and/or rookie head coaches.

Quite frankly, I watch a lot of Jets football, and I do think Wilson has made some strides in an otherwise unremarkable rookie campaign. But it's hard to tell. Lawrence should be free from judgment, however, given that the situation around him is an utter mess.

I live down here in Jacksonville so I see and hear allot about Lawrence. My opinion is that he is getting better mentally and making allot of decent reads but accuracy and consistency are not improving. He could very well be comprehending things and we can't see that based off the results. Keep in mind he literally has no one around him which makes us see the t in a glaring way. Allot of the radio people believe he has regressed. Kinda off looks that way but in all fairness most people improve over time. I thinks he will be a better qb next year after taking his lumps and getting his game speed down.

I don't say much on here but after last night I am officially not defending Jimmy in any way any more. I think it was right to play him this year with Lance watching and learning the play book. If you watch the games you do see calls going in to Jimmy and then you get a screen shot off Lance and looks like he is repeating and explaining the play call to a coach. I do wish that he gets to play atleast one whole game this year if we're planning on dumping Jimmy.
Originally posted by Heroism:

No, its "When they don't want you to play because you only have 1 year of college experience since HS, aren't ready, and would risk shattering your confidence".
Originally posted by Niners99:

No, its "When they don't want you to play because you only have 1 year of college experience since HS, aren't ready, and would risk shattering your confidence".

But he's still dicing the defense up in practice...
Time for us as fans and as an organization as well to come to our senses N just realize the 2021 49ers squad isn't a Super Bowl Contender.
Don't be fooled by the any given Sunday non sense #10 is not a natural born leader he won't lead this team far in the playoffs so let's cut our loses N start the Trey Lance era now so the kid can build some confidence going into next year.
#10 has had 8 Seasons to grow N dude just hasn't taken advantage of all the opportunities he has been given to succeed the time has come wake up from this dream scenario N face reality. Bench #10 in favor of the young hungry QB who is eager to get his shot N prove to the critics he was worth all that collateral Lynch N Co. gave up to draft get him here.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Time for us as fans and as an organization as well to come to our senses N just realize the 2021 49ers squad isn't a Super Bowl Contender.
Don't be fooled by the any given Sunday non sense #10 is not a natural born leader he won't lead this team far in the playoffs so let's cut our loses N start the Trey Lance era now so the kid can build some confidence going into next year.
#10 has had 8 Seasons to grow N dude just hasn't taken advantage of all the opportunities he has been given to succeed the time has come wake up from this dream scenario N face reality. Bench #10 in favor of the young hungry QB who is eager to get his shot N prove to the critics he was worth all that collateral Lynch N Co. gave up to draft get him here.
this is great for Lance to watch on what not to do

He is a leader though. He's just not talented enough to back it up

Pretty much. Wish Kyle would have spent more time getting him ready. Still, how much worse could he be than what we saw last night? Jimmy could have easily had 5 turnovers had Kittle not jumped on his fumble and Titans DBs been a little better at catching.

Who does look like a SB contender this year?

In this season of parity/mediocrity, with the exception of the Chiefs and the Packers, there are still 15 teams that all look like they could make it to the dance.

Kyle isn't about to change QBs right now because if last night proves to be a speed bump and Jimmy comes back to play like he did the previous four games, this team absolutely could make a deep playoff run. There is nothing to indicate that Lance would not make a bunch of rookie mistakes as well.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Trey is worse than "average Jimmy"

Of course he's not good now. He hasn't played. If he had been playing since that 4 game losing streak he might have been starting to round into shape. Too late to make a switch now.

Doubt it, and if he did we'd still probably be 3-4 games worse than we are now. Woo-pee

No one knows what the outcome would have been. The bottom line is Trey would have got valuable experience instead of rolling with a lame duck QB who won't be here next year and plays like he knows it.

Not interested in seeing young Alex Smith with legs run the ball 16 times. I saw enough from the AZ game where he looked scared and completely lost. No thanks, this isn't 2005

You're right, Jimmy is so much more exciting 🙄. Jimmy looked totally confident out there and not at all scared or lost last night.

Good luck watching next year. Your boy ain't going to be here.

I said since the middle of yesterdays game that Jimmy is the sole reason we lost lol but sure he's "my boy". Just because imo Kyle & John made a huge mistake giving up 2/3 years worth of first rounders for a kid who looked like young Kaepernick against farmers doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a better option out there. We beat the Titans by double digits with Mac Jones out there, easily.

How is Lance similar to Kap?

This is simple, not very accurate and revert to using their legs when things get tough. At NDSU, every single close game Trey would be at or below 50% passing and had to run like a running back to win. That isn't sustainable In The nfl.

The only thing I'm worried about is whether the crow population will survive next year!
Originally posted by BMoore56:

Practice is not games. Ryan Leaf was great in practice.

How is Jimmy in practice? How much worse could Trey be in real games? Had Kittle not pounced on his fumble, and Titans CBs not dropped 2 other interceptions, he'd have had 5 turnovers. On the plays Jimmy WAS able to make the correct read, the ball he delivered wasn't close.
He's the hero San Francisco deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Jimmy once threw 5 straight interceptions in practice a few years ago. His final interception tally in the handful of open practices this year was around 20 or so.

Which is to say, how you play in practice generally translates to how you'll play in games. Not always, but It's certainly not a bad thing to play well in practice.
Share 49ersWebzone