LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 198 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
I mean he "can" throw the slant, but he's definitely not as consistent as an NFL qb should be throwing them.

Hard to be consistent when you aren't playing.

Right. A whole year of development wasted Imo.

Imagine not playing right away. If you want to end up like Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers you have to play immediately. Oh wait..
Surely the team figured that he wouldn't be ready for a while, being the rawest and most unknown top 5 pick ever. Probably won't be above average until the last year of his rookie contract if he ends up getting there at all

I just hope you're first in line when the crow is served
I mean he "can" throw the slant, but he's definitely not as consistent as an NFL qb should be throwing them.

Surely the team figured that he wouldn't be ready for a while, being the rawest and most unknown top 5 pick ever. Probably won't be above average until the last year of his rookie contract if he ends up getting there at all

You know who would be ready? Brodie Croyle!
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

You know who would be ready? Brodie Croyle!

You're making him blush. 😊
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Time for us as fans and as an organization as well to come to our senses N just realize the 2021 49ers squad isn't a Super Bowl Contender.

Who does look like a SB contender this year?

In this season of parity/mediocrity, with the exception of the Chiefs and the Packers, there are still 15 teams that all look like they could make it to the dance.

Kyle isn't about to change QBs right now because if last night proves to be a speed bump and Jimmy comes back to play like he did the previous four games, this team absolutely could make a deep playoff run. There is nothing to indicate that Lance would not make a bunch of rookie mistakes as well.

Jimmy isn't getting out of the 1st round even with mediocrity across the NFL, you saw it 1st hand if he plays vs a good defense dude folds quicker than a lawn chair.
Originally posted by dj43:
Time for us as fans and as an organization as well to come to our senses N just realize the 2021 49ers squad isn't a Super Bowl Contender.

Who does look like a SB contender this year?

In this season of parity/mediocrity, with the exception of the Chiefs and the Packers, there are still 15 teams that all look like they could make it to the dance.

Kyle isn't about to change QBs right now because if last night proves to be a speed bump and Jimmy comes back to play like he did the previous four games, this team absolutely could make a deep playoff run. There is nothing to indicate that Lance would not make a bunch of rookie mistakes as well.

Jimmy isn't getting out of the 1st round even with mediocrity across the NFL, you saw it 1st hand if he plays vs a good defense dude folds quicker than a lawn chair.

Bengals and Rams have surrendered fewer points and yards than the Titans D and JG didn't fold against either.

He will for sure deliver a couple/few bad games every year but he isn't quite as bad as some here attempt to make him out to be. If good Jimmy shows up, we could make a little noise in the playoffs.

We will find out next year. I for one want him to start day 1 next year. I just have this feeling next year will be another learning year, thus time while playing.

Wasted? Were about to make the playoffs.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

We will find out next year. I for one want him to start day 1 next year. I just have this feeling next year will be another learning year, thus time while playing.

I'm with you on that. Trade Jimmy fir what you can( I'm thinking a 5th is best we can do) and give the reigns to Trey. The last thing you want is to go in with lane duck Jimmy and not full confidence in Trey.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Imagine not playing right away. If you want to end up like Patrick Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers you have to play immediately. Oh wait..

1. Those two had plenty of experience to begin with. Not exactly the same.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Wasted? Were about to make the playoffs.

Correct. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have played Lance at times. The Jags game In particular was a missed opportunity.

Especially when you consider that one of the reasons for the move was to have a starting QB on a rookie contract. If he balls out, we're gonna have to extend him before it's up, so we may only get to take advantage of 2-3 years on his rookie contract.
Would be nice if they get him in some series here and there. I don't buy that letting him play will hurt his confidence if things don't go his way. A player will either rise up, learn and work to be better or will fold regardless of skill and or preparation.

Hard to keep playing when you're not consistent.

If that's true Jimmy wouldn't be starting
Originally posted by KegBert:

If that's true Jimmy wouldn't be starting

Share 49ersWebzone