LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 237 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
I mean he "can" throw the slant, but he's definitely not as consistent as an NFL qb should be throwing them.

Hard to be consistent when you aren't playing.

Hard to keep playing when you're not consistent.

Lol coming from a Jimmy fanboy that's hilariously ironic
I mean he "can" throw the slant, but he's definitely not as consistent as an NFL qb should be throwing them.

Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Would be nice if they get him in some series here and there. I don't buy that letting him play will hurt his confidence if things don't go his way. A player will either rise up, learn and work to be better or will fold regardless of skill and or preparation.

Trey seems to have this trait more than most. Remember after the pick in the Seattle game, Deebo went up to him to encourage him, Trey looked at him and said "I got this" and led a TD drive.

Trent Williams says he has "an Aura about him".

No, it's Jimmy who's the fragile one keeping Trey from getting in there.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Would be nice if they get him in some series here and there. I don't buy that letting him play will hurt his confidence if things don't go his way. A player will either rise up, learn and work to be better or will fold regardless of skill and or preparation.

Trey seems to have this trait more than most. Remember after the pick in the Seattle game, Deebo went up to him to encourage him, Trey looked at him and said "I got this" and led a TD drive.

Trent Williams says he has "an Aura about him".

No, it's Jimmy who's the fragile one keeping Trey from getting in there.

What reality are you from?

In the SEA game Trey threw 2 TDs to Deebo...never threw a pick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NyNiyc28cs
Deebo was wiiiiiide open...this is how you hit wide open target and don't blow easy TDs (hint hint juice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhC38IyHvkk
Red zone pass

Are you talking about the AZ pick?
Lance never threw a TD in that game
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Dec 26, 2021 at 6:32 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Lol
I'm really hoping he makes me eat crow this time next year and beyond…

but I doubt it
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

but I doubt it

We're already a playoff team without Trey so the only way that tradeup makes sense is if we win a superbowl
Originally posted by 9erb0mb:
I wasn't impressed at all with his throwing in the Lance led offense. Kyle was running him right into oncoming traffic with reckless abandon. He'll be hurt by the end of the first game. We're going to have a rough season next year.

There's a whole offseason plus starters share of reps. I'm not expecting what we saw. We won't be jumping from January to September. Kyle has said the offseaaon is where you will make your growth. If Lance is the guy we hope he is, he'll come ready in July. Not saying that all of his issues will be corrected, but he should be a better passer.

Personally I hope he can hit those short passes with high accuracy but a little more on target to go along with his willingness to throw outside the numbers and down the field. That along with the threat of him running could make this offense scary. We've done better this year than years past with the big passing play. I think that will improve even more with Lance starting.
Originally posted by All22:

but I doubt it

We're already a playoff team without Trey so the only way that tradeup makes sense is if we win a superbowl

Or ends up being a worse team without Jimmy
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 26, 2021 at 8:47 AM ]

but I doubt it

The trade up will make sense to you if we end up a worse team without Jimmy? Your Trey bashing is off today

We made the playoffs already? The cap savings and flexibility we get moving on from Jimmy sure would've helped this year. Call me crazy but I believe Trey could've produced an 8-7 record, 3,494 yards 19tds 10 ints passing and obliterated his 50 yards rushing/3tds. But I do remember the caveat of rooting for Trey to start this season was rooting for my team to lose, good thing that never happened and today we get to cross our fingers that other teams lose to keep our playoff spot
Originally posted by 49ers808:
We made the playoffs already? The cap savings and flexibility we get moving on from Jimmy sure would've helped this year. Call me crazy but I believe Trey could've produced an 8-7 record, 3,494 yards 19tds 10 ints passing and obliterated his 50 yards rushing/3tds. But I do remember the caveat of rooting for Trey to start this season was rooting for my team to lose, good thing that never happened and today we get to cross our fingers that other teams lose to keep our playoff spot

Yeah but trey might've made mistakes like missing a wide open TD throw or throwing Ints right to defenders! What then???
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Yeah but trey might've made mistakes like missing a wide open TD throw or throwing Ints right to defenders! What then???
Yea rookie mistakes. That's why we roll with Jimmy. He's a vet, would never have those types of issues 😂

You know how many rookies have thrown for that many yards? With that said, I do think worse case scenario we are 7-8 with Trey starting. At any rate, this year is done and hoping he learned a lot in his year on the bench.

but I doubt it

The trade up will make sense to you if we end up a worse team without Jimmy? Your Trey bashing is off today

No.
Share 49ersWebzone