LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 273 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Contrary to his stan's, Trey Lance is legitimately learning a ton from watching Jimmy's ups and downs this season. He is learning how to be a pro. How to handle the media, how to lead a locker room, how to take criticism, and that the fans are all lunatics.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by All22:
We're already a playoff team without Trey so the only way that tradeup makes sense is if we win a superbowl

We made the playoffs already? The cap savings and flexibility we get moving on from Jimmy sure would've helped this year. Call me crazy but I believe Trey could've produced an 8-7 record, 3,494 yards 19tds 10 ints passing and obliterated his 50 yards rushing/3tds. But I do remember the caveat of rooting for Trey to start this season was rooting for my team to lose, good thing that never happened and today we get to cross our fingers that other teams lose to keep our playoff spot

You know how many rookies have thrown for that many yards? With that said, I do think worse case scenario we are 7-8 with Trey starting. At any rate, this year is done and hoping he learned a lot in his year on the bench.

You talking about this year? Cause if not there's plenty who have; I don't know what your point is. Do you know how many of those yards are RAC? Almost 2,000 if you didn't. And if you don't think Trey would've hit the 3,000 yard passing mark with the added RAC from the likes of Deebo and Kittle, he would've EASILY added waaaaay more rushing yards and TDs from the QB position, statistically speaking.

Herbert 2020, Murray 2019 and Mayfield 2018 in consecutive years before you ask me to name them.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for socal1632.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
We made the playoffs already? The cap savings and flexibility we get moving on from Jimmy sure would've helped this year. Call me crazy but I believe Trey could've produced an 8-7 record, 3,494 yards 19tds 10 ints passing and obliterated his 50 yards rushing/3tds. But I do remember the caveat of rooting for Trey to start this season was rooting for my team to lose, good thing that never happened and today we get to cross our fingers that other teams lose to keep our playoff spot

Yeah but trey might've made mistakes like missing a wide open TD throw or throwing Ints right to defenders! What then???
Yea rookie mistakes. That's why we roll with Jimmy. He's a vet, would never have those types of issues 😂

Jimmy still looks like a rookie 80 percent of his drop backs. Throwing to open cb's and LB's.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Contrary to his stan's, Trey Lance is legitimately learning a ton from watching Jimmy's ups and downs this season. He is learning how to be a pro. How to handle the media, how to lead a locker room, how to take criticism, and that the fans are all lunatics.

Yep, he's learning how to be a leader: yell "LETS GO" a lot, remind teammates of the obvious, and never take accountability for single-handedly costing your team the game.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I'm really hoping he makes me eat crow this time next year and beyond…

but I doubt it

What are you basing your doubt on?

Preach dude
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by All22:
We're already a playoff team without Trey so the only way that tradeup makes sense is if we win a superbowl

You know how many rookies have thrown for that many yards? With that said, I do think worse case scenario we are 7-8 with Trey starting. At any rate, this year is done and hoping he learned a lot in his year on the bench.

You talking about this year? Cause if not there's plenty who have; I don't know what your point is. Do you know how many of those yards are RAC? Almost 2,000 if you didn't. And if you don't think Trey would've hit the 3,000 yard passing mark with the added RAC from the likes of Deebo and Kittle, he would've EASILY added waaaaay more rushing yards and TDs from the QB position, statistically speaking.

Herbert 2020, Murray 2019 and Mayfield 2018 in consecutive years before you ask me to name them.

7-8-9 wins for a rookie? Only Mac Jones says
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 26, 2021 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

2-3 more games!
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
I mean he "can" throw the slant, but he's definitely not as consistent as an NFL qb should be throwing them.

Hard to be consistent when you aren't playing.

Hard to keep playing when you're not consistent.

If that's true Jimmy wouldn't be starting

Owned.

Ask Trevor Lawrence what all this 2021 experience is doing for him. Dude will enter 2022 wondering if he's a complete bust. I guarantee he wishes he had gone to
the 49ers and was able to sit this year.
Time for the "we should have taken Mac Jones at 12!" crowd to start pivoting to "we should have taken Davis Mills in the 3rd!"
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Time for the "we should have taken Mac Jones at 12!" crowd to start pivoting to "we should have taken Davis Mills in the 3rd!"

This is the fanbase who chanted "We want Carr!". Mostly an embarrassing bunch of crybaby know-nothings.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

This is the fanbase who chanted "We want Carr!". Mostly an embarrassing bunch of crybaby know-nothings.

They still are...as long as it's not the current starter. Poor Trey. If only he knew the long standing QB hating traditions here.

Crazy.

I don't believe Trey would have been better at QB for two very simple reasons:
1) Neither you nor I nor Matt Barrows or any other journalist knows more than Kyle about which QB can run his offense now.
2) Kyle wants to win.

I hope to god Trey becomes the greatest QB for the Niners since Young. But I trust Kyle knows which QB can operate his offense this year. And the only reason he would put Trey in is if he thinks he's better than Jimmy, or he doesn't care to win because Niners are eliminated.
Share 49ersWebzone