There are 254 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:

2-3 more games!

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
I'm really hoping he makes me eat crow this time next year and beyond…

but I doubt it

What are you basing your doubt on?

Kid is a troll, ignore him.
Random question.

Trey is the starter next year, who's your backup?

I really don't feel comfortable with it being Sudfeld.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Random question.

If Saints don't bring back Winston, I'm down bringing him as a backup.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Time for the "we should have taken Mac Jones at 12!" crowd to start pivoting to "we should have taken Davis Mills in the 3rd!"

This is the fanbase who chanted "We want Carr!". Mostly an embarrassing bunch of crybaby know-nothings.

They still are...as long as it's not the current starter. Poor Trey. If only he knew the long standing QB hating traditions here.

Well if Trey is " the one " then that should put an end to it
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Contrary to his stan's, Trey Lance is legitimately learning a ton from watching Jimmy's ups and downs this season. He is learning how to be a pro. How to handle the media, how to lead a locker room, how to take criticism, and that the fans are all lunatics.

I have my doubts about Trey too but honestly he can't be worse than Jimmy, Mullins or Beathard at this point going forward. He seems to always be at full attention and involved during every game. The only huge question mark is going to be how is he going to adjust when he's the starting qb when he's going on three years of limited playing time.
Random question.

Josh Johnson, so we don't lose a beat play calling wise....

And have a legit former starting QB Vet to be the 3rd String QB/coach for Trey.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Random question.

Josh Johnson, so we don't lose a beat play calling wise....

And have a legit former starting QB Vet to be the 3rd String QB/coach for Trey.

I would be fine with this move. Wouldn't break the bank & have an experienced guy there for Trey
They still are...as long as it's not the current starter. Poor Trey. If only he knew the long standing QB hating traditions here.

It's true. A lot of us here witnessed Joe and then Steve so yes that's the expectation unfortunately for whoever is at the helm. Off the top of my head, only Packer fans can relate going from one HOF QB to the other and their drought and misery begins next season when Aaron leaves and their search begins

Well unless Love is it I guess
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Time for the "we should have taken Mac Jones at 12!" crowd to start pivoting to "we should have taken Davis Mills in the 3rd!"

This is the fanbase who chanted "We want Carr!". Mostly an embarrassing bunch of crybaby know-nothings.

Only a matter of time for same people hating on Jimmy G to start their same b******t with Trey Lance. I see it all the time on the webzone, only thing changes is their screen names!!!

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Only a matter of time for same people hating on Jimmy G to start their same b******t with Trey Lance. I see it all the time on the webzone, only thing changes is their screen names!!!

Weird how this phenomenon coincided with nearly 20 straight years of mostly poor QB play.

Won't say any names, but some have clearly hated Trey since he was drafted. So it is what it is.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for 49ers81.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
We made the playoffs already? The cap savings and flexibility we get moving on from Jimmy sure would've helped this year. Call me crazy but I believe Trey could've produced an 8-7 record, 3,494 yards 19tds 10 ints passing and obliterated his 50 yards rushing/3tds. But I do remember the caveat of rooting for Trey to start this season was rooting for my team to lose, good thing that never happened and today we get to cross our fingers that other teams lose to keep our playoff spot
That's an easy statement to make in hindsight to try and pretend that you had it called right from the beginning but I am pretty sure that no one in the 49ers organization believed that they would be 8 -7 at this point in the season.

The whole team seemed out of sync at the start of the year and the injuries to Verrett and Mostert didn't help. I like Mitchell but he hasn't shown himself yet to be the home run threat that Mostert could be from the middle of the field which really helped the offense.

Without the benefit of Jimmy getting injured or the team falling completely out of contention by week 8, and it being clear that the reason they did so was poor play by Jimmy, Lance was NEVER going to start this year. I suppose you can keep pretending that he could have if it makes you feel better but you're just fooling yourself.

Something that might actually make you feel better though is that Jimmy seems to have burned a lot of bridges with the loss to the Titans. A lot of people who had been supportive of him up to then are probably ready to turn the page.

It is still possible that the team could get to the playoffs and make some noise. When they are on their game I think they are capable of beating anyone and look good doing it. Unfortunately they are also capable of losing to anyone and look bad doing that as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.
We would of had to rely on JG anyways this season. Even if Trey started... he got injured in the game he started running the offense Shanahan thought he was prepared to run and using the instincts he had from college of taking contact as the bigger player vs avoiding it. The way he was being used and him not avoiding contact... he was bound to get injured and JG was bound to start based on those injuries.

A real offseason and some self preservation is gonna do wonders for him. But this season was going to rest on two QBs regardless if he started.

Weird how this phenomenon coincided with nearly 20 straight years of mostly poor QB play.

It doesn't matter. Jimmy was great in 2019 and was a quarter away from winning the SB and because he fell short the fans called for his head. This fanbase demands every QB be Joe Montana or else they get buried.
Share 49ersWebzone