LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 253 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Only a matter of time for same people hating on Jimmy G to start their same b******t with Trey Lance. I see it all the time on the webzone, only thing changes is their screen names!!!

Won't say any names, but some have clearly hated Trey since he was drafted. So it is what it is.

Which is weird to me. Wait until you know hes a bust before you talk crap. Those people basically want him to fail because he wasn't their choice. Definitely aren't real fans.
I can't wait for this young King to get his shot... the 49ers got that pro bowl level offense all primed up for him. This offense could be dynamic with him
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I can't wait for this young King to get his shot... the 49ers got that pro bowl level offense all primed up for him. This offense could be dynamic with him

Agree. Just watching some of these other teams stretching & using all parts of the field is exciting thinking of this offense with an more aggressive QB Trey Lance leading the charge with all of these weapons!
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
We made the playoffs already? The cap savings and flexibility we get moving on from Jimmy sure would've helped this year. Call me crazy but I believe Trey could've produced an 8-7 record, 3,494 yards 19tds 10 ints passing and obliterated his 50 yards rushing/3tds. But I do remember the caveat of rooting for Trey to start this season was rooting for my team to lose, good thing that never happened and today we get to cross our fingers that other teams lose to keep our playoff spot
That's an easy statement to make in hindsight to try and pretend that you had it called right from the beginning but I am pretty sure that no one in the 49ers organization believed that they would be 8 -7 at this point in the season.

The whole team seemed out of sync at the start of the year and the injuries to Verrett and Mostert didn't help. I like Mitchell but he hasn't shown himself yet to be the home run threat that Mostert could be from the middle of the field which really helped the offense.

Without the benefit of Jimmy getting injured or the team falling completely out of contention by week 8, and it being clear that the reason they did so was poor play by Jimmy, Lance was NEVER going to start this year. I suppose you can keep pretending that he could have if it makes you feel better but you're just fooling yourself.

Something that might actually make you feel better though is that Jimmy seems to have burned a lot of bridges with the loss to the Titans. A lot of people who had been supportive of him up to then are probably ready to turn the page.

It is still possible that the team could get to the playoffs and make some noise. When they are on their game I think they are capable of beating anyone and look good doing it. Unfortunately they are also capable of losing to anyone and look bad doing that as well. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Which easy statement did I make for you to accuse me of good ol hindsight? Trey starting to begin with? I've wanted that and stated such from the beginning cause I never thought as highly of Jimmy as a lot here do or did. You post as if you've read what I've said here so you should know that, talking about fooling myself, pretending and feeling better lol. I also know football and was real about it, the minute they didn't move off of Jimmy and he was still with us week one, no s**t he was going to be the starter this season. Not only would "I" look foolish thinking otherwise but so would they paying someone top 5 QB money this season to ride the pine
I remember 808, me, 4ML, Waterbear, SteveWallace and a few others wanting him to start day 1, NY also wanted Jimmy dealt or cut.

Most of our thinking wasn't based on what this teams record might be with Jimmy, it was that our best chance to win, this year and definitely next was by getting Trey ready.

Nothing that has happened this year has me thinking otherwise. It's not hindsight.

Kyle wasn't willing to take the risk of Trey not developing enough and went with the known commodity. You could tell by his pressers that he thought Trey would end up better by the end of the year, but kept saying Jimmy gives us the best chance to win now, which he did, that was just never the point.
Only a matter of time for same people hating on Jimmy G to start their same b******t with Trey Lance. I see it all the time on the webzone, only thing changes is their screen names!!!

Won't say any names, but some have clearly hated Trey since he was drafted. So it is what it is.

The game day thread was unbearable during his start at AZ. You would've thought he was Akili Smith with the way he was being talked about.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I can admit I didn't like the trade or who they picked. He's a 9er now, so we got no choice but to support him.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I remember 808, me, 4ML, Waterbear, SteveWallace and a few others wanting him to start day 1, NY also wanted Jimmy dealt or cut.

Most of our thinking wasn't based on what this teams record might be with Jimmy, it was that our best chance to win, this year and definitely next was by getting Trey ready.

Nothing that has happened this year has me thinking otherwise. It's not hindsight.

Kyle wasn't willing to take the risk of Trey not developing enough and went with the known commodity. You could tell by his pressers that he thought Trey would end up better by the end of the year, but kept saying Jimmy gives us the best chance to win now, which he did, that was just never the point.

I can admit I didn't like the trade or who they picked. He's a 9er now, so we got no choice but to support him.

I expect the same Kolohe defense as the one you had for Jimmy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He's going to tear it up - with all the weapons he has at his disposal.

Originally posted by debo4mvp:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Contrary to his stan's, Trey Lance is legitimately learning a ton from watching Jimmy's ups and downs this season. He is learning how to be a pro. How to handle the media, how to lead a locker room, how to take criticism, and that the fans are all lunatics.

I have my doubts about Trey too but honestly he can't be worse than Jimmy, Mullins or Beathard at this point going forward. He seems to always be at full attention and involved during every game. The only huge question mark is going to be how is he going to adjust when he's the starting qb when he's going on three years of limited playing time.

Oh yes he can. Lol
Contrary to his stan's, Trey Lance is legitimately learning a ton from watching Jimmy's ups and downs this season. He is learning how to be a pro. How to handle the media, how to lead a locker room, how to take criticism, and that the fans are all lunatics.

I have my doubts about Trey too but honestly he can't be worse than Jimmy, Mullins or Beathard at this point going forward. He seems to always be at full attention and involved during every game. The only huge question mark is going to be how is he going to adjust when he's the starting qb when he's going on three years of limited playing time.

Oh yes he can. Lol

Hopefully Trey will be a 49er QB1 for the next 15 years. Would't that be something
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Oh yes he can. Lol

Don't be a negative Nancy, Aj - he'll be worth the picks we used to draft him. I truly believe that.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 27, 2021 at 8:49 AM ]

Oh yes he can. Lol

Yeah... Lance can bust pretty hard. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, people will be begging for Jimmy back.

However, Lance can also be something that Jimmy is not, a superstar, a true franchise QB. I envision him and Mahomes being the next Brady vs. Manning, albeit in different conferences.

Although, most likely Lance falls somewhere in between. Only time will time. Regardless, I'm excited for his potential and what he is capable of doing. Expectations will be high, rightfully so, but if he meets them, we won't have to worry about the QB position for the next 10-15 years.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Oh most definitely, well unless of course he looks lost like Alex Smith did in his 3rd year. Sure he was injured but Smith did not look anywhere near a 1st overall pick. And that was upsetting.
Share 49ersWebzone