LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 294 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
If you're going to make a change this year, this would be the time. 10 days to prep and home for Houston would be the matchup vs another rookie QB. If there is a switch it may involve a phantom injury JG has a strained quadraplex or something. Rams did something similar with Goff they said he was out last year with injury they went with Wolford and when he got hurt guess who went in. Interesting times.

I disagree. I think we change it if we make the Playoffs. It usually takes teams 3 weeks to adjust to the play of a new QB and play calling. That gives us the first three rounds of the playoffs to keep defenses off balance.

Wat? So you would throw him out there first start a playoff game

Not versus the 4-11 Texans at home who are starting a 3rd round rookie? At least give him a chance to build some confidence and momentum.
Ship has sailed on starting Trey this year….unless Jimmy throws 4 picks against the Texans and we lose and are eliminated from playoffs by gametime against Rams
If you're going to make a change this year, this would be the time. 10 days to prep and home for Houston would be the matchup vs another rookie QB. If there is a switch it may involve a phantom injury JG has a strained quadraplex or something. Rams did something similar with Goff they said he was out last year with injury they went with Wolford and when he got hurt guess who went in. Interesting times.

I disagree. I think we change it if we make the Playoffs. It usually takes teams 3 weeks to adjust to the play of a new QB and play calling. That gives us the first three rounds of the playoffs to keep defenses off balance.

Not versus the 4-11 Texans at home who are starting a 3rd round rookie? At least give him a chance to build some confidence and momentum.

According to Kyle, the play calls are perfect, if the play is executed, we win. The mentality and the flow of the QB doesn't matter. Not like he needed a QB in the 2019 playoffs.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 27, 2021 at 9:36 AM ]

Yeah would love to see Trey get the next two starts. Getting a win at home would build his confidence up greatly and hopefully carry over into next season when he takes the helm. Most likely not gonna happen though Kyle just gonna stick with Jimmy.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Only a matter of time for same people hating on Jimmy G to start their same b******t with Trey Lance. I see it all the time on the webzone, only thing changes is their screen names!!!

Won't say any names, but some have clearly hated Trey since he was drafted. So it is what it is.

The game day thread was unbearable during his start at AZ. You would've thought he was Akili Smith with the way he was being talked about.

I liked what I saw of Trey in the AZ game, except his bull rush at the goal line on 4th down. Should have just went up and over and easy TD.

The problem was the battering ram play calling by Kyle.

I'm quite bullish on Trey. Bet we could have gotten the same output with him this year and be 8-7 right now as well fighting for a playoff spot.
Wouldn't be mad if we got the 7th seed and Jimmy got banged up week 18 and couldn't go in the playoffs.
Since Trey didn't play this year, by the time we know if Trey is a bust or not it will be 2024 and we will have our 1st round pick again to go to the well again at QB.
This team is talented enough to not miss those 1st round picks the next couple years.

Jimmy is what is holding the team back along with lack of CBs. Get rid of Jimmy's salary and use that on a blue chip CB free agent and draft one in the 2nd round next year (or trade the 2nd rounder for another CB) and we are in great shape for the next couple years as long as Trey I what we want him to be.

Starting CBs next year:

Mosely
Free agent
2nd round pick (for a rookie or established vet)
With Ambry and Lenoir to back up for depth and continue developing.
  • Idris
  • Veteran

we're not making the playoffs unless the saints or eagles manage to lose
  • Idris
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
This team is talented enough to not miss those 1st round picks the next couple years.

Jimmy is what is holding the team back along with lack of CBs. Get rid of Jimmy's salary and use that on a blue chip CB free agent and draft one in the 2nd round next year (or trade the 2nd rounder for another CB) and we are in great shape for the next couple years as long as Trey I what we want him to be.

Starting CBs next year:

Mosely
Free agent
2nd round pick (for a rookie or established vet)
With Ambry and Lenoir to back up for depth and continue developing.

2nd round pick needs to go to a pass rusher.

• Idris
  • Veteran
Since Trey didn't play this year, by the time we know if Trey is a bust or not it will be 2024 and we will have our 1st round pick again to go to the well again at QB.

we'll also have a 2025 and 2026 1st rounder to trade up!
Originally posted by Idris:

we'll also have a 2025 and 2026 1st rounder to trade up!

Do what must be done to get the franchise QB.

After watching Jimmy on Thursday I'm sure plenty more fans became all that more comfortable with what we gave up to move up in the draft to upgrade at QB.

First off, I don't think there's any chance Trey is a bust. But I do hope that if he is, that it's not even close. I would want it to be 100% obvious to everyone, so that we could make a clean break and not try forcing a square peg in a round hole year after year.
Bust? Have some frigging faith. This regime had months and months to study the QBs, interview over and over, study study study, interview yet again and they selected Trey Lance. Kind of woozy of the negative towards both Kyle and John. Look at some of the other s**t shows out there.

complain and whine at other issues but it all starts at QB. Get over it Crew Jimmy. Kyle will soon say suck my jock. I knew what I was doing doubters.

Go Trey..
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 27, 2021 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Bust? Have some frigging faith. This regime had months and months to study the QBs, interview over and over, study study study, interview yet again and they selected Trey Lance. Kind of woozy of the negative towards both Kyle and John. Look at some of the other s**t shows out there.

complain and whine at other issues but it all starts at QB. Get over it Crew Jimmy. Kyle will soon say suck my jock. I knew what I was doing doubters.

Go Trey..

As is the case with every single regime and every single draft pick ever. People miss way more than they hit.

We simply need to see trey play. How is he in games, under pressure etc. we know he has a cannon. I hope he's accurate and can drop dimes.
Share 49ersWebzone