There are 363 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

and this thread said this was a lie, Shanny finally pulled off the pump n dump

man, I've always said his film was not good at all. Went from a top 3 pick to nearly worthless.. wtf

Even darnold was traded for a 2nd and some change.

what if there is no trade offer right now and they never get one by the cut down? I would be impressed with Shanny if he actually had the cajones to take care of business and cut TL this camp and keep Brandon Allen as QB3

Kyle would be a complete moron to cut him. Major cap ramifications

To me, the cap ramification is irrelevant. There are lots of way to always push forward or push back the cap.

The amount paid to Trey is just sunk cost.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Trey will be traded for either two 3s or a conditional 2nd. Smokey, what do you think?

also, where the hell has Mayo been?

They'll be a lucky to get a 3rd or a 4th at this point.

He'll be cut

No he wont. It would be horrible cap mangament to do that.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I doubt the 9ers trade him for anything less than a 3rd Imo.

Still raw and has too much potential to just give him away.

We'd be trying to save money and possibly rid ourselves of a media driven distraction.

Theoretical potential can't be a factor. That guy in our eyes is Purdy now. The ship has sailed.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

man, I've always said his film was not good at all. Went from a top 3 pick to nearly worthless.. wtf

what if there is no trade offer right now and they never get one by the cut down? I would be impressed with Shanny if he actually had the cajones to take care of business and cut TL this camp and keep Brandon Allen as QB3

To me, the cap ramification is irrelevant. There are lots of way to always push forward or push back the cap.

it would cost us more to cut him than keep him, makes no sense to cut him. you'd rather lose $15M in dead cap and have Allen than just to keep lance?
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

that is going to be the take from most TL homers like Sacco, they will have a hard time accepting reality for what it is... it just business, you cut your losers and ride your winners
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Two 5th round picks......make it happen!!!!
Kyle is the only HC in the league that thinks Sam Darnold is a good QB. He's also the only HC in the league that thinks Kirk Cousins is an elite QB. He's the only HC in the league that thought Mac Jones was going to be taken in the top 10.
Originally posted by Silky:
For being a contender since 2019 I don't know how they keep doubling down and backing themselves into a corner. We're such a good team but seem so inept

I think this is the opposite to be honest. We backed ourselves into a corner at the position the last two years and now we're course correcting.

it would cost us more to cut him than keep him, makes no sense to cut him. you'd rather lose $15M in dead cap and have Allen than just to keep lance?

I think they are actually more comfortable with Allen at QB3 than Trey.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Kyle is the only HC in the league that thinks Sam Darnold is a good QB. He's also the only HC in the league that thinks Kirk Cousins is an elite QB. He's the only HC in the league that thought Mac Jones was going to be taken in the top 10.

Apparently Sam had other offers for a lot more to be the starting QB, so I don't think he is the only one. Darnold looks solid - he isn't here to be a franchise QB, just a good backup, which he is.

Excellent perspective.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

And you're the only one that thinks Kyle thinks that.

I think the potential media distraction is more costly than the cap impact. I think they've decided that this is not going to work between them and Trey and are cutting lose early bs letting it feaster.

no doubt this is a a bad mark on their record, but I'll just hold on to all the positives they've given me because the 14 years before they showed up was dark dark dark (except for 2010-2012)
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Every idiot I know is strong sooo

"I can still tend the rabbits, George?"

I think they are actually more comfortable with Allen at QB3 than Trey.

we are already over the cap next year by quite a bit, and you want to tack on like $10M over a third string position that most likely won't play? eff that.
Share 49ersWebzone