There are 295 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I think they are actually more comfortable with Allen at QB3 than Trey.

Kyle doesnt like that trey doesnt play in rythm
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Two 5th round picks......make it happen!!!!

I'll take a single 5th. Future Pro Bowler for Lance who is a year away from being a year away? Done!

The calculus is Allen at QB3 + a draft pick + 9 million in savings

or Lance as QB3.

This of course is in the event of a trade. I would still be surprised if they cut him.

The reality is we aren't winning s**t depending on either of these guys IMO. Again, don't let our upside down depth chart from last year fool you. We aren't winning the SB unless Purdy is healthy and rolling.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Kyle is the only HC in the league that thinks Sam Darnold is a good QB. He's also the only HC in the league that thinks Kirk Cousins is an elite QB. He's the only HC in the league that thought Mac Jones was going to be taken in the top 10.

yeah this isnt true. Sam turned down other teams with better offers. obviously, other HCs were interested.
He should go to ATL, they like him during the draft and its be a good spot for him to just get hella reps
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

and this thread said this was a lie, Shanny finally pulled off the pump n dump

man, I've always said his film was not good at all. Went from a top 3 pick to nearly worthless.. wtf

Even darnold was traded for a 2nd and some change.

what if there is no trade offer right now and they never get one by the cut down? I would be impressed with Shanny if he actually had the cajones to take care of business and cut TL this camp and keep Brandon Allen as QB3

Kyle would be a complete moron to cut him. Major cap ramifications

To me, the cap ramification is irrelevant. There are lots of way to always push forward or push back the cap.

The amount paid to Trey is just sunk cost.

it would cost us more to cut him than keep him, makes no sense to cut him. you'd rather lose $15M in dead cap and have Allen than just to keep lance?

we are already over the cap next year by quite a bit, and you want to tack on like $10M over a third string position that most likely won't play? eff that.

Keeping Trey at QB3 is going to be a huge distraction to the team. You want to do that for not only this year but next year as well?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Every idiot I know is strong sooo

"I can still tend the rabbits, George?"

Damn. Most people aren't going to get this one, Phoenix lol.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And you're the only one that thinks Kyle thinks that.

His love affair for Darnold and Cousins has been made obvious. And he has already admitted that he thought somebody was going to move up and draft Mac.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

If this is true, this has to go down as the most mismanaged QB situation in football history. I totally understood naming Purdy the starter. He earned it. I was all for getting Sam Darnold as an insurance QB, NOT TO COMPETE WITH LANCE FOR THE #2 QB JOB!! From what I saw in preseason games you're not making me believe that Darnold outplayed Lance, and from what I read and heard from people who's been at the practices Lance has been better than Darnold. You give up 3 years of 1st round picks, but after 4 career regular season starts (one he got injured in) you basically label him a bust, only to replace him with - you guest it - a proven bust. Name me a bonified QB bust in the history NFL that has gotten so few opportunities to prove himself, including the proven bust on our team now that proved himself to be a bust in 55 games.

And where's the local press corps on this. How is it that they haven't they didn't break this? Shanny & Co. needs a press corps like Chicago or New York. I have never in my life been so disgusted with the team I love.

Finally, Shanny had better win a SB with Brock after this. Because if he don't he's on well-deserved hotseat.

Correct. Total fail
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

The calculus is Allen at QB3 + a draft pick + 9 million in savings

or Lance as QB3.

This of course is in the event of a trade. I would still be surprised if they cut him.

The reality is we aren't winning s**t depending on either of these guys IMO. Again, don't let our upside down depth chart from last year fool you. We aren't winning the SB unless Purdy is healthy and rolling.

No way in hell we cut Lance. 0% chance of that happening. We could get ATLEAST at 2040 7th rounder for him. Cutting him will cost us an additional $10M in dead money.

If we trade him we save approximately $9M this year and next overall.

Originally posted by boast:
Kyle is the only HC in the league that thinks Sam Darnold is a good QB. He's also the only HC in the league that thinks Kirk Cousins is an elite QB. He's the only HC in the league that thought Mac Jones was going to be taken in the top 10.

yeah this isnt true. Sam turned down other teams with better offers. obviously, other HCs were interested.

Just ignore him. He's been posting one absurd take after another for the past few hours.
Originally posted by boast:

And sam is the backup

and this thread said this was a lie, Shanny finally pulled off the pump n dump

man, I've always said his film was not good at all. Went from a top 3 pick to nearly worthless.. wtf

Even darnold was traded for a 2nd and some change.

what if there is no trade offer right now and they never get one by the cut down? I would be impressed with Shanny if he actually had the cajones to take care of business and cut TL this camp and keep Brandon Allen as QB3

Kyle would be a complete moron to cut him. Major cap ramifications

To me, the cap ramification is irrelevant. There are lots of way to always push forward or push back the cap.

The amount paid to Trey is just sunk cost.

it would cost us more to cut him than keep him, makes no sense to cut him. you'd rather lose $15M in dead cap and have Allen than just to keep lance?
What's the cap hit to trade him?
Which nfl teams are even desperate for a QB?

Alex Smith got us 2x 2nd rounders. Jimmy G cost us a 2nd rounder. On the other side Carson Wentz was traded for a 1st but I think that cost the Indy coach and GM their jobs but even Wentz had some nfl success.

There's no way we get a 2nd or more from another team unless we somehow take a bust player from that team.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

If this is true, this has to go down as the most mismanaged QB situation in football history. I totally understood naming Purdy the starter. He earned it. I was all for getting Sam Darnold as an insurance QB, NOT TO COMPETE WITH LANCE FOR THE #2 QB JOB!! From what I saw in preseason games you're not making me believe that Darnold outplayed Lance, and from what I read and heard from people who's been at the practices Lance has been better than Darnold. You give up 3 years of 1st round picks, but after 4 career regular season starts (one he got injured in) you basically label him a bust, only to replace him with - you guest it - a proven bust. Name me a bonified QB bust in the history NFL that has gotten so few opportunities to prove himself, including the proven bust on our team now that proved himself to be a bust in 55 games.

And where's the local press corps on this. How is it that they haven't they didn't break this? Shanny & Co. needs a press corps like Chicago or New York. I have never in my life been so disgusted with the team I love.

Finally, Shanny had better win a SB with Brock after this. Because if he don't he's on well-deserved hotseat.

Correct. Total fail

+1
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Excellent perspective.

Until you realize that Minnesota is paying Kirk cousins elite money, which tells me they thought he was a lead at one point. Kyle certainly wasn't the only HC thinking Jones would go top 10. QBs are over redrafted EVERY SINGLE draft.
Share 49ersWebzone