There are 192 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Now that Trey Lance is gone can we all be friends now.

Nope the battle line will shift to Kyle and John
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
They'll get a new tv

Better be an OLED.

I just got the lg g3. Gorgeous. Let's hope I'm watching a lot of healthy W's on it this season!
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

and this thread said this was a lie, Shanny finally pulled off the pump n dump

man, I've always said his film was not good at all. Went from a top 3 pick to nearly worthless.. wtf

Even darnold was traded for a 2nd and some change.

what if there is no trade offer right now and they never get one by the cut down? I would be impressed with Shanny if he actually had the cajones to take care of business and cut TL this camp and keep Brandon Allen as QB3

Kyle would be a complete moron to cut him. Major cap ramifications

To me, the cap ramification is irrelevant. There are lots of way to always push forward or push back the cap.

The amount paid to Trey is just sunk cost.

it would cost us more to cut him than keep him, makes no sense to cut him. you'd rather lose $15M in dead cap and have Allen than just to keep lance?

I think they are actually more comfortable with Allen at QB3 than Trey.

we are already over the cap next year by quite a bit, and you want to tack on like $10M over a third string position that most likely won't play? eff that.

Keeping Trey at QB3 is going to be a huge distraction to the team. You want to do that for not only this year but next year as well?

yes, I'd rather keep him. It can't be worse than bringing back jimmy after last summer and making him the backup. It's not like Lance is hated, hes just bummed hes QB3.

There is absolutly no way that he isn't worth at least a 6-7th round pick in any draft. If they cut him, its just dumb. Hell it would make more sense to send him to a team and tack on our 7th round pick instead of cutting him for free.

Clearly they were ready to benched Trey anytime. People have been denying that, but surely not anymore. Jimmy G wasn't really a distraction because he was going to start shortly. He coming back was a high relieve to the rest of the team.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Aug 23, 2023 at 1:51 PM ]
In retrospect, the Lance pick was a direct reaction to the Super Bowl loss we suffered against Mahomes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Now that Trey Lance is gone can we all be friends now.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Until we get a similar looking QB again, I'm sure.

Come on man.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
There isn't another team offering anything either.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

Well it always should have been there. This was a management f**k up, all the way.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
In retrospect, the Lance pick was a direct reaction to the Super Bowl loss we suffered against Mahomes.

No it was jimmy getting hurt again in 2020

i was going to say that it looks like Lance leaving us getting the monkey off Brock's back (Steve young analogy) cause he was perfect today, but I realized that sounded really racist. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on Aug 23, 2023 at 1:53 PM ]

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Kyle doesnt like that trey doesnt play in rythm

100%.
i might actually read Grant Cohn over the next few days, going to be fun seeing his salty tears and reading his butthurt reports
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Lance gonna get moved to the Vikings? I'm sure he would welcome that

Trade him to NE so he can back up Mac. That'd be awesomely entertaining.

Trade him to Mac Jones - so Kyle can finally have a 2 QB system.
i might actually read Grant Cohn over the next few days, going to be fun seeing his salty tears and reading his butthurt reports

Lol. I wonder how our genius content creators are handling the rep counts today.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Meanwhile, in the 1st round:

Solomon Thomas (3rd overall)
Reuben Foster (31st)
Mike McGlinchey (9th)
Nick Bosa (2nd)
Javon Kinlaw (14th)
Brandon Aiyuk (25th)
Trey Lance (3rd overall + 2 other 1st round picks)

Yep, but the roster is one of the best in the NFL.

You can find your guys in the first, or in the 5th, as long as you find your guys.

As long as this team is good, i could care less if we miss on the firsts, so long as we still get the all pro/pro bowl guys later on. Which we have been doing
Share 49ersWebzone