There are 398 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Lol Sam darnold is going to be super criticized by part of the fan base for every little thing. watch.

Unless a team offered something decent for Lance, I really don't understand the timing of this.

For me it was always a situation, that if TL falls to QB3, his spot on the club is in major doubt. Clubs don't allow that kind of cap hit as QB3. It's just a will not compute.
Originally posted by dmax:
I CANT AND WONT SUPPORT THIS TEAM UNTIL BOTH KYLE AND LYNCH ARE GONE

K bye
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lol Sam darnold is going to be super criticized by part of the fan base for every little thing. watch.

It comes with the territory.

good call tank, seems logical... he is going to be the new whipping boy for sure from the TL angst
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Koldo:
The best part about Trey getting traded is seeing Trey stans finally gone.

Would have been banned for saying this about Jimmy stans maybe.

Plenty said that at the time and are still around, so I doubt it lol

Unless a team offered something decent for Lance, I really don't understand the timing of this.

Perhaps a deal has already been worked out and the fan base just doesn't know about it yet. It would explain some of the recent moves.

sam darnold is #2 ..racism is real. Kyle has his WHITE QB ROOM

You can stop with that b******t. He was last years starter until he got injured over Jimmy G.
This isn't on Lance, its on Kyle and the FO. Dont trade a massive amount of draft capital for a franchise QB, then sign Sam freaking Darnold because you need more startable QB depth, and then trade Lance for 10 cents on the dollar. It makes no sense. The entire point of adding Darnold was so we didn't end up SOL without a QB in an important game. Now were going to be back to only having 2 guys, and the 2nd guy we chose to keep already proved he sucks over a large sample size.

I get they want to give Lance's career a chance elsewhere if he isn't going to beat out Purdy, but we paid far too much to just trade him off for cheap.

I swear, Shanahan and Lynch are just making their strategy up as they go. 🙄

I won't be surprised if he is booed on Friday.

I really don't understand what they're doing at this point.

It looks like they see purdy as their starter and sam as his backup

just a guess
sam darnold is #2 ..racism is real. Kyle has his WHITE QB ROOM

Just stop.

Yes, the 49ers management are racist, was it also racist to draft Trey who was totally unqualified and unprepared to be a NFL QB.... and the rest of the NFL is racist because no one wants to trade for him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
This isn't on Lance, its on Kyle and the FO. Dont trade a massive amount of draft capital for a franchise QB, then sign Sam freaking Darnold because you need more startable QB depth, and then trade Lance for 10 cents on the dollar. It makes no sense. The entire point of adding Darnold was so we didn't end up SOL without a QB in an important game. Now were going to be back to only having 2 guys, and the 2nd guy we chose to keep already proved he sucks over a large sample size.

I get they want to give Lance's career a chance elsewhere if he isn't going to beat out Purdy, but we paid far too much to just trade him off for cheap.

I swear, Shanahan and Lynch are just making their strategy up as they go. 🙄

3 NFCC in 4 years. It's a good strategy.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

For me it was always a situation, that if TL falls to QB3, his spot on the club is in major doubt. Clubs don't allow that kind of cap hit as QB3. It's just a will not compute.

Pure business decision. They will trade Trey to conserve cap space. Darnold hasn't looked any better than Trey in the pre season. In fact, Trey has been better on 3rd down and when throwing under pressure.
Originally posted by okdkid:
3 NFCC in 4 years. It's a good strategy.

But no SB.
Share 49ersWebzone