Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers on late field goal, 27-24 →

There are 524 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I have no issue with Brock being QB1. The issue is choosing Sam Freakin Darnold who has shown in 6 years that he is not a good QB over the guy you traded 3 1st RD picks for who hasn't even really been given a chance. Especially this off-season. Maybe you guys are ok with this but I don't enjoy my favorote team being the laughing stock of the league and the butt of all jokes.

Umm, the Trey Lance trade wasn't looked at favorably before today's events my man.

Only a handful of crazy Niners fans weren't seeing it for what it was. And who cares anyway? We are a top 5 team in the NFL going on half a decade now.

When I told the story of draft day with my buddy, he started crying laughing when we traded up and selected Lance. He just kept saying "wtf are you guys doing?!". Guys on here we're like "who cares what others think". Lol but now some do?

Pretty much every fan base thought that from day 1, In my experience.

it was just niner fans being optimistic that it would work out but I always felt very uneasy about it.

The most common sentiment, by far, was "I wanted Justin Fields but it's not Mac Jones so I'm good!"
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by dmax:
sam darnold is #2 ..racism is real. Kyle has his WHITE QB ROOM

Originally posted by dmax:
I CANT AND WONT SUPPORT THIS TEAM UNTIL BOTH KYLE AND LYNCH ARE GONE

You can stop with that b******t. He was last years starter until he got injured over Jimmy G.

Some people ALWAYS find a way to make it about race. Its pathetic. Kyle has literally hired and advanced the most minority coaches in the league, and its not close.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I have no issue with Brock being QB1. The issue is choosing Sam Freakin Darnold who has shown in 6 years that he is not a good QB over the guy you traded 3 1st RD picks for who hasn't even really been given a chance. Especially this off-season. Maybe you guys are ok with this but I don't enjoy my favorote team being the laughing stock of the league and the butt of all jokes.

Umm, the Trey Lance trade wasn't looked at favorably before today's events my man.

Only a handful of crazy Niners fans weren't seeing it for what it was. And who cares anyway? We are a top 5 team in the NFL going on half a decade now.

When I told the story of draft day with my buddy, he started crying laughing when we traded up and selected Lance. He just kept saying "wtf are you guys doing?!". Guys on here we're like "who cares what others think". Lol but now some do?

it was just niner fans being optimistic that it would work out but I always felt very uneasy about it.

The most common sentiment, by far, was "I wanted Justin Fields but it's not Mac Jones so I'm good!"

I really wanted Fields - he was the only one that made sense at the time based on what Kyle was saying he wanted. Imagine this offense with his mobility...
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I really don't understand what they're doing at this point.

Just my guess, Trey felt he should have won the #2 job.. sees the writing on the wall and just wants to get on with his career (trade or release), instead of some 3rd emergency QB.

Front Office didn't expect that kind of reaction from Trey, thought he'd be a good trooper for another season. And they were just trying to get ahead of the story with their own leaks.

That actually makes more sense to me. I could see Trey being frustrated, I really don't blame him.

The share of the preseason reps was not equal in terms of snaps and unit sharing, even if the evaluation of the QB competition was....
I wanted Fields also over McCorkle, he was the best QB available imo
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Niners99:
This isn't on Lance, its on Kyle and the FO. Dont trade a massive amount of draft capital for a franchise QB, then sign Sam freaking Darnold because you need more startable QB depth, and then trade Lance for 10 cents on the dollar. It makes no sense. The entire point of adding Darnold was so we didn't end up SOL without a QB in an important game. Now were going to be back to only having 2 guys, and the 2nd guy we chose to keep already proved he sucks over a large sample size.

I get they want to give Lance's career a chance elsewhere if he isn't going to beat out Purdy, but we paid far too much to just trade him off for cheap.

I swear, Shanahan and Lynch are just making their strategy up as they go. 🙄

3 NFCC in 4 years. It's a good strategy.

Except crappy QB play prevented us from winning the SB each and every time. Not good strategy.
This isn't on Lance, its on Kyle and the FO. Dont trade a massive amount of draft capital for a franchise QB, then sign Sam freaking Darnold because you need more startable QB depth, and then trade Lance for 10 cents on the dollar. It makes no sense. The entire point of adding Darnold was so we didn't end up SOL without a QB in an important game. Now were going to be back to only having 2 guys, and the 2nd guy we chose to keep already proved he sucks over a large sample size.

I get they want to give Lance's career a chance elsewhere if he isn't going to beat out Purdy, but we paid far too much to just trade him off for cheap.

Patrick Mahomes has 3 Super Bowl Appearances in 5 years as a starter with two rings and two MVP's.

Oh and Andy Reid doesn't make it up as he goes, he actually has an adult plan. Meanwhile Kyle is sitting in QB meetings with hot cheeto dust on his fingers.

Purdy really did single handedly save these guys careers and he's the equivalent of them winning the lottery.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Lol Sam darnold is going to be super criticized by part of the fan base for every little thing. watch.

Unless a team offered something decent for Lance, I really don't understand the timing of this.

For me it was always a situation, that if TL falls to QB3, his spot on the club is in major doubt. Clubs don't allow that kind of cap hit as QB3. It's just a will not compute.

Pure business decision. They will trade Trey to conserve cap space. Darnold hasn't looked any better than Trey in the pre season. In fact, Trey has been better on 3rd down and when throwing under pressure.

There has to be a deal that is possibly in the works now. That would explain his absence from practice, with the team not wanting to open him up to injury.

Why wouldn't any NFL team want a QB who has taken a couple hundred snaps since high school, who throws wobbly, inaccurate lasers, and who is caught from behind when scrambling by defensive lineman? The rest of the NFL must be racist too, no other explanation.

Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Trey will be traded for either two 3s or a conditional 2nd. Smokey, what do you think?

also, where the hell has Mayo been?

They'll be a lucky to get a 3rd or a 4th at this point.

He'll be cut

No he wont. It would be horrible cap mangament to do that.

You've said a lot of things wouldn't happen regarding Trey...
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

I really wanted Fields - he was the only one that made sense at the time based on what Kyle was saying he wanted. Imagine this offense with his mobility...

I badly wanted Fields the moment we made the trade, too. But the guy hasn't exactly proven himself yet either…

Except crappy QB play prevented us from winning the SB each and every time. Not good strategy.

Detroit Lions would probably disagree. Hell, Dallas too.
That actually makes more sense to me. I could see Trey being frustrated, I really don't blame him.

The share of the preseason reps was not equal in terms of snaps and unit sharing, even if the evaluation of the QB competition was....

Except its been reported that they've been trying to move all throughout the offseason. I think every party involved is just ready to move on.
so what is the trade market today for TL...... my guess is conditional day 3 pick
Share 49ersWebzone