Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers on late field goal, 27-24 →

There are 556 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

and this thread said this was a lie, Shanny finally pulled off the pump n dump

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Purdy really did single handedly save these guys careers and he's the equivalent of them winning the lottery.

Yeah, this would be a disaster right now.

honestly, this pick is par with when the raiders selected Robert gallery 2nd overall in the 2004 draft
I wanted Fields also over McCorkle, he was the best QB available imo

Fields is a RB. He's Kaepernick, but with even less passing ability. The Bears are letting him run like Michael Vick, which will destroy his chances of even becoming a good passer. He won't get the reps before the bad habits are cemented.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
That actually makes more sense to me. I could see Trey being frustrated, I really don't blame him.

The share of the preseason reps was not equal in terms of snaps and unit sharing, even if the evaluation of the QB competition was....

Except its been reported that they've been trying to move all throughout the offseason. I think every party involved is just ready to move on.

They really should have just taken whatever they could get before the draft rather than put on a sham competition for QB2 that always had a predetermined outcome.
I really wanted Fields - he was the only one that made sense at the time based on what Kyle was saying he wanted. Imagine this offense with his mobility...

Fields would be in the same situation Trey is currently in. Fields has played 20+ games and is still learning to process. He still holds onto the ball a long time and still looks to bail from the pocket immediately. If Kyle has been frustrated with Trey in the pocket it would be 10 times worse with Fields. Even with Trey's inexperience I feel he a much quicker processor than Fields.

It was not a good year to trade the farm for a QB in the draft with those prospects. It's bizarre that they've had such a shrewd eye for later round talent, and have whiffed so spectacularly on many of the high picks.
i just saw a tweet that said "which is a bigger bust, zach wilson or Trey lance?"

and a Jets fan said "we still have wilson and he didn't cost us more than one pick"... i was like damn.. lol

Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Trey will be traded for either two 3s or a conditional 2nd. Smokey, what do you think?

also, where the hell has Mayo been?

They'll be a lucky to get a 3rd or a 4th at this point.

He'll be cut

No he wont. It would be horrible cap mangament to do that.

You've said a lot of things wouldn't happen regarding Trey...

I actually have called this whole off season pretty accurately since January.

i just don't know how the team is going to handle this.

MY MINDS ALL OVER THE PLACE MAN! This is wild! I feel like I'm on bath salts
Our fav trade partners (Carolina) come on down!!!
Lance about to light up the XFL in a few years

Originally posted by BSofSF:

It was not a good year to trade the farm for a QB in the draft with those prospects. It's bizarre that they've had such a shrewd eye for later round talent, and have whiffed so spectacularly on many of the high picks.

it really is strange, late round hits and free agency certainly has bailed them out

People would have been pissed if they had used multiple 1sts to move up for Sewell but man would that OL be looking juicy right now.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Indeed. But it happens. The great Bill Walsh whiffed on plenty of high picks also. At least they are acknowledging the mistake and turning the page. Lance would have been a good guy to develop if he was picked mid rounds and wasn't under enormous pressure as the heir apparent. A spectacular fail by Shanahan and the front office. But at the end of the day, it's a very strong roster and they hit large on Purdy with a throw away pick. It's an inexact science for sure.

you are not comparing Walsh to ShanaLynch, dont you?
They wiffed in the most important moments. Be it at Superbowl or their handling of the draft in early rounds, topped by this trade for a raw QB they never seemed to care about
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Niners99:
This isn't on Lance, its on Kyle and the FO. Dont trade a massive amount of draft capital for a franchise QB, then sign Sam freaking Darnold because you need more startable QB depth, and then trade Lance for 10 cents on the dollar. It makes no sense. The entire point of adding Darnold was so we didn't end up SOL without a QB in an important game. Now were going to be back to only having 2 guys, and the 2nd guy we chose to keep already proved he sucks over a large sample size.

I get they want to give Lance's career a chance elsewhere if he isn't going to beat out Purdy, but we paid far too much to just trade him off for cheap.

I swear, Shanahan and Lynch are just making their strategy up as they go. 🙄

3 NFCC in 4 years. It's a good strategy.

Patrick Mahomes has 3 Super Bowl Appearances in 5 years as a starter with two rings and two MVP's.

Oh and Andy Reid doesn't make it up as he goes, he actually has an adult plan. Meanwhile Kyle is sitting in QB meetings with hot cheeto dust on his fingers.

Should we continue to fire coach's until the next Patrick Mahomes is born and selected by the Niners? Pretty sure the Niners have decided that Trey Lance is not going to be a new version of Patrick and are moving on.

Andy Read has a long history of not getting to the mountain too, based on your reaction I'd assume you would have fired him before he became the KC Chiefs version.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
I have no issue with Brock being QB1. The issue is choosing Sam Freakin Darnold who has shown in 6 years that he is not a good QB over the guy you traded 3 1st RD picks for who hasn't even really been given a chance. Especially this off-season. Maybe you guys are ok with this but I don't enjoy my favorote team being the laughing stock of the league and the butt of all jokes.

lol. there it is. poster doesnt want other fans to hurt his feelings.
Share 49ersWebzone