There are 198 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dmax:
sam darnold is #2 ..racism is real. Kyle has his WHITE QB ROOM

Another one
What a disaster. Shanahan and Lynch have enough credit to survive but it would end 99% of coaches and gm careers.
Originally posted by 4thandlong:
What a disaster. Shanahan and Lynch have enough credit to survive but it would end 99% of coaches and gm careers.

It should end the GM's career in reality. The problem is the GM is also a top 3-5 HC and the team is still a juggernaut.
Originally posted by dmax:
I CANT AND WONT SUPPORT THIS TEAM UNTIL BOTH KYLE AND LYNCH ARE GONE

Bye
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
It was not a good year to trade the farm for a QB in the draft with those prospects. It's bizarre that they've had such a shrewd eye for later round talent, and have whiffed so spectacularly on many of the high picks.

They get desperate, press the issue, fall in love with guys early instead of letting the draft come to them. They also place wildly optimistic values on players early.

Arrogance would be a big factor is moving up for plsyer with little experience.

Bigger factor is tired of watching jimmy get hurt every year

Yes and Jimmy sucks ( blame him for putting us in this position) but thinking they could turn an extremely RAW prospect into a quality starting QB was just arrogant and stupid.
Just surprised this came out now, could have easily waited until after the Chargers game to give the QB2 news but something must have happened.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
You have to wonder when exactly he knew, that TL isn't it.

I would suspect last off season when he could not install his normal offense...

I got vibes from the team they were circling Trey to protect him to a degree, but were happy about it.

When Jimmy Came in for an injured Trey, there was a definite visible reaction from the team that things were back to normal.

I dont think anyone wants anyone to ever get hurt, but it looked like relief to me the experiment was over.

I think this year was the put up or shut up year for Trey, he had to make his move this year.

Trey was given opportunity just because of his draft status before, and now he had to go earn it running the same offense as everyone else.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I agree that the 49ers should never have drafted him, though for different reasons than you. But if you spend that kind of capital to draft a player you give them every chance to succussed. The 49ers didn't do this.

This is an example of compounding a mistake. It's chasing losses, the sunk cost fallacy.

And they did give him an opportunity last year. It didn't work out.

Attempting to develop your draft picks, especially those you invested a lot of capital in, is not immediately chasing losses or falling prey to the sunk cost fallacy. They drafted him knowing he was incredibly raw (if they didn't that's far worse), and then gave him all of 4 disjointed starts. Sunk cost fallacy is a thing, but so is lacking conviction in your decisions.

They put 100% of their conviction behind him last year and they got 1.25 games out of it. Opportunities are not guaranteed. They already went to the vets like Williams and said "We're going to chance this year on an unproven QB for the potential on what he can bring us down the road, possibly after you're retired." Then another young QB immediately surpassed him and grabbed the respect of those same vets. They just couldn't go back to Williams and say "we're going with the less prepared player" again.
Can't wait for the autobiography
Originally posted by BSofSF:
It was not a good year to trade the farm for a QB in the draft with those prospects. It's bizarre that they've had such a shrewd eye for later round talent, and have whiffed so spectacularly on many of the high picks.

It's Kyle I'm telling you. It's malpractice what they did, trading up without having yet evaluated any of them.

Goodness, this is ugh. After I left the Raiders game, I said, "He's gone, he's out". I was thinking later it was emotion from losing to a rival, paying too much for my ticket lol and maybe it wasn't that bad. And the 2nd preseason win was encouraging and Trey made some great throws. But also knew NFL moves fast, so, who knows. But wait & see what happens with the Chargers.

Gosh, I didn't expect to be right about my inital comments and this soon. I was close to the sideline at the Raiders game, Trey really looked pretty discouraged. I saw Kittle walk by, tap him on the shoulder, like an encouraging tap and Trey just looked distant. I felt for him but much more now. I don't feel like he got a fair shake. And really am not super impressed with Sam. If Brock gets injured..would ya really feel confident in this guy taking over? I don't rn. Sigh. I hope the best for Lance, & that he kicks some serious ass as a qb somewhere. This is messy af by the 9ers. Total 💩
[ Edited by Montana on Aug 23, 2023 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Just surprised this came out now, could have easily waited until after the Chargers game to give the QB2 news but something must have happened.

not if they wanted to give BA in-game reps
https://youtu.be/_j6T0kKWqxw?si=mi0yYvpBPiOtp4LE
rich risen talking to Steve young about the situation
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
That actually makes more sense to me. I could see Trey being frustrated, I really don't blame him.

The share of the preseason reps was not equal in terms of snaps and unit sharing, even if the evaluation of the QB competition was....

Except its been reported that they've been trying to move all throughout the offseason. I think every party involved is just ready to move on.

But why now? Do you think they have a deal in place? You can't really cut him, right?

Someone said that it would be a distraction if Trey was still on the team, but I feel like THIS is wayyy more of a distraction if they don't have a deal done.

I absolutely think they have a deal in place. That explains the timing and trays absence from practice.

I'm thinking they have a general agreement outlined with a specific team but are working on the exact details of the compensation.

Yes. Nothing final yet, but enough to make these moves.

go get a veteran Olineman.

I don't think they are going to get anything tbh. Aside from the cap figure off the books for next year, and Allen as emergency QB. Probably a pick swap.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Niners99:
This isn't on Lance, its on Kyle and the FO. Dont trade a massive amount of draft capital for a franchise QB, then sign Sam freaking Darnold because you need more startable QB depth, and then trade Lance for 10 cents on the dollar. It makes no sense. The entire point of adding Darnold was so we didn't end up SOL without a QB in an important game. Now were going to be back to only having 2 guys, and the 2nd guy we chose to keep already proved he sucks over a large sample size.

I get they want to give Lance's career a chance elsewhere if he isn't going to beat out Purdy, but we paid far too much to just trade him off for cheap.

I swear, Shanahan and Lynch are just making their strategy up as they go. 🙄

3 NFCC in 4 years. It's a good strategy.

Patrick Mahomes has 3 Super Bowl Appearances in 5 years as a starter with two rings and two MVP's.

Oh and Andy Reid doesn't make it up as he goes, he actually has an adult plan. Meanwhile Kyle is sitting in QB meetings with hot cheeto dust on his fingers.

Should we continue to fire coach's until the next Patrick Mahomes is born and selected by the Niners? Pretty sure the Niners have decided that Trey Lance is not going to be a new version of Patrick and are moving on.

Andy Read has a long history of not getting to the mountain too, based on your reaction I'd assume you would have fired him before he became the KC Chiefs version.

This fan base would have called for Reid's head immediately after his playoff loss to the Colts.

Wanting perfection and demanding it are two widely different approaches. IMO one of which leads to a lifetime of disappointment and frustration.

Bad luck, bad cost but the reality is we are still in a position as a team to compete!
Share 49ersWebzone