Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

They don't want to reveal their cards at this very moment. Once the situation is resolved, I'm sure they'll answer the tough questions. Don't worry, we know where they work.

So they leave their players to answer those tough questions in the mean time. Poor Fred Warner looked like a deer in the headlights as he was bombarded with Lance questions today.

Yup, Warner is one of the vet leaders on the team. The bolded is exactly what happened.

Well, they probably should have informed those veteran leaders ahead of time, because Fred Warner said he was surprised as everyone else and didn't know anything.

And that's the correct answer. The less the media knows the better at this point. Why do the media and fans deserve answers at this time? There's a lot of uncertainty right now as to where Lance will go. All the answers we need right now are in the actions - Lance got yanked from practice because his future with the 49ers is in jeopardy.
Originally posted by Montana:
Goodness, this is ugh. After I left the Raiders game, I said, "He's gone, he's out". I was thinking later it was emotion from losing to a rival, paying too much for my ticket lol and maybe it wasn't that bad. And the 2nd preseason win was encouraging and Trey made some great throws. But also knew NFL moves fast, so, who knows. But wait & see what happens with the Chargers.

Gosh, I didn't expect to be right about my inital comments and this soon. I was close to the sideline at the Raiders game, Trey really looked pretty discouraged. I saw Kittle walk by, tap him on the shoulder, like an encouraging tap and Trey just looked distant. I felt for him but much more now. I don't feel like he got a fair shake. And really am not super impressed with Sam. If Brock gets injured..would ya really feel confident in this guy taking over? I don't rn. Sigh. I hope the best for Lance, & that he kicks some serious ass as a qb somewhere. This is messy af by the 9ers. Total 💩

Truthfully, I am more confident if we roll with Darnold than Lance. I support the decision. I don't feel qualified to say whether I support trading or dumping Lance. I am not there at the practices and meetings. The coach clearly doesn't seem to have a lot of faith there, or maybe it's simply a financial decision that they need to get that $10M contract off the books next year if he's only a second or third stringer. It was a bad pick for this team. Draft hype can be evil.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
no use crying over spilled draft picks. move on

Picks are overrated and the draft is over hyped.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean he's not wrong

To explain why he made a decision on who the BACKUP QB is. Is Josh McDaniels having to explain why he's going to give Aiden O'Connell the QB2 spot over Brian Hoyer?

Come on, you know the difference between that situation and this.
they used 3 first rounders on him
he is younger than most QBs drafted 2023!
He is 23.
We dump him.

Cant believe this.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
I wonder if they package Lance with someone else.

Would be kinda cool if they traded him to WAS for Sweat or something.

Throw Kinlaw please.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Man, I was a big Lance supporter, but we torched two first round draft picks for this guy. Hasn't really gotten a fair shake but if you can't stay healthy, not sure it's unfair to be labeled a bust.

3 firsts. We used 3 firsts. Don't even try to argue. Who was our 1st round pick in '21? '22? '23??

Many fail.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He gone

Yep

f**k you Kyle. Idiot.

I will NEVER forgive kyle for this loaded roster and 3 NFCCG appearances

NEVER

There was a time, decades ago, when getting blown out in the NFCCG was not considered a good outcome.

How many of those teams didn't have a single QB for the game?

How many QB injuries can a team have before we can't just simply chalk it up to bad luck everytime?

Purdy's injury was definitely bad luck, super rare injury that had to happen at a specific time/motion etc for it to happen.

We had bad luck with Jimmy & Lance, both were on plays where they ran the ball (If I remember correctly). Purdy's was bad luck to land that specific injury. that eagles team was unique that it had like 5-6 top pass rushers, that is rare. almost set a record for sacks. So it isn't like we are the only team that they got to the QB on.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
He is 23.
We dump him.

Cant believe this.

Been injured twice, still looks like a project. He can't even beat out QB you people call a scrub.

Originally posted by Montana:
Don't like this, what a way to start the season..with this 💩 looming over our heads. Then they don't face the media..if news is revealed, they should be ready to answer questions.

Best teams use what they can for the "nobody believes in us" mantra. If this makes it them against the media that could be ideal fuel.
He is 23.
We dump him.

Cant believe this.

Occam's Razor: He's actually that bad?
He is 23.
We dump him.

Cant believe this.

If it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't at practice today, I'd say there is a chance we still keep him, but him being absent tells me that its already in motion for him to leave.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
I wonder if they package Lance with someone else.

Would be kinda cool if they traded him to WAS for Sweat or something.

Throw Kinlaw please.

Have to throw in more that him.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
He is 23.
We dump him.

Cant believe this.

You can root for whatever team Trey ends up playing for.
Share 49ersWebzone