Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
the "high IQ" tweet

good thing it wasn't raining during the game, coulda happened
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Right? Get 'em from USC, where they produce proven winners like Mark Sanchez and Matt Leinart.

Carson Palmer wants to know your location!

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.

That's what I'm thinking. Once the situation is resolved, they aren't going to duck these questions. They'll face the music at some point.

You know, I can accept that. But don't expose your players out there to the media to be answering questions that you know you should be (because the media will be asking). Shanny and Lynch should be the first people addressing the media. On a day like this no player should be addressing the media before them. Don't put your players in that position; it gives off a gutless disposition.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I still can't get over SWH trying to tell me this morning that you can't call the pick a bust lol..

can we make definitive future claims on TL when he is wearing another uni? That the pick didn't work out for us? what are the rules here?

If his tenure ends now, then you can absolutely call him a bust. But you were calling him a bust before his story was written. Per usual, you completely misrepresent what is said or choose to ignore it. It's your M.O.

I was saying the pick was a bust, this morning. You were disagreeing with me. You said too early to make 'definitive future claims'. Is it still too early? This pick didn't work out for us, at all.
Good luck Trey.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
so is this going to go down as the worst trade up draft pick in the history of the NFL? looks like it for now, and ShannLynch should shoulder all the blame

I still can't get over SWH trying to tell me this morning that you can't call the pick a bust lol..

can we make definitive future claims on TL when he is wearing another uni? That the pick didn't work out for us? what are the rules here?

Bust, plain and simple.
Originally posted by boast:
the "high IQ" tweet

Yeah and throw on tape of the game, he throws an embarrassing INT, nearly throws 2 others. Vs backups. While turning down open guys, again. I didn't think it was a good game vs DEN.. maybe another good 'stat boxscore' but not good football.

He had a good final drive, and he had a solid second to last drive. that second to last drive had some really bad throws on it though and near interceptions a few times. as a whole, he has been pretty bad this pre season - the stats are super misleading. that touchdown against the raiders is an embarrassment and no one should be proud of that play, especially during the pre season.

he showed improvement but he was way to volatile. it was like either he made an awesome pass or awful pass, no inbetween. Even steve young said that today.
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

If we move on from Trey, I absolutely want Kyle and Lynch to be right about moving on from him. I don't think that's out of line to say. If he becomes a star, that's going to be a dark cloud hanging over this franchise, unless we win a Superbowl soon.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He gone

Yep

f**k you Kyle. Idiot.

I will NEVER forgive kyle for this loaded roster and 3 NFCCG appearances

NEVER

There was a time, decades ago, when getting blown out in the NFCCG was not considered a good outcome.

How many of those teams didn't have a single QB for the game?

How many QB injuries can a team have before we can't just simply chalk it up to bad luck everytime?

Purdy's injury was definitely bad luck, super rare injury that had to happen at a specific time/motion etc for it to happen.

We had bad luck with Jimmy & Lance, both were on plays where they ran the ball (If I remember correctly). Purdy's was bad luck to land that specific injury. that eagles team was unique that it had like 5-6 top pass rushers, that is rare. almost set a record for sacks. So it isn't like we are the only team that they got to the QB on.

Purdy's injury had little to do with the skill of their pass rush and more to do with their coaches prepping them well for what we like to do. It could have been Tully Banta-Cain rushing Purdy on that play and he still likely would have gotten there when the only guy blocking him was a 2nd string TE.

I mean they had 6 badass pass rushers. thats more than enough for every single guy on the O line to be 1-1. That leaves an extra - so you keep a tight end in, do you want kittle running routes sometimes? or just keep him in all game? then do you keep the RB in to block as well? so now you only have two wide recievers out running routes and/or a backup tight end? come on man, they had a stacked pass rush and did historic things last seasons. thats why they had it, to overload teams and force them to play scared ball.

They rushed 5 on the play and if their pass rush is so good, why are you calling plays with a 7-step drop in the first place?

5 pass rushers with double digit sacks and arguabely the best interior defensive lineman. that's incredible, not luck.

Kyle doesn't coach scared. Call it dumb, tough, brave, stupid.. whatever you want but he thought it was the right play - he liked the look and trusted his guys to block, they didn't block. resulted in an injury. that isn't anything but bad luck.

You don't lose 4 qbs in one season and call it anything but horrendous luck.

They doubled Linval Joseph on the play, the guy on that Eagles line with 0.5 sacks last season while leaving a backup TE to guard the Eagle's most prolific pass rusher and had Purdy do a 7-step drop. At some point, they deserve some of the blame for the outcome.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Currently the best NDSU QB in the NFL is Easton Stick, a guy who sounds like he should be inventory at a sporting goods store.

Enough with drafting QB's from ND St. for a while. Lol

This is just why it's pointless to even look at players coming from either of the Dakotas.

This is how I'm going to imagine you from now on.

Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He gone

Yep

f**k you Kyle. Idiot.

I will NEVER forgive kyle for this loaded roster and 3 NFCCG appearances

NEVER

There was a time, decades ago, when getting blown out in the NFCCG was not considered a good outcome.

How many of those teams didn't have a single QB for the game?

How many QB injuries can a team have before we can't just simply chalk it up to bad luck everytime?

Yeah, that's a BS take. The fact that the Niners made it to the NFC Championship on their third QB, and were competitive into the second quarter while on their fourth, was one of the more remarkable achievements in franchise (league?) history. I get the frustration, but a little perspective is in order.

Remarkable or not, I'm not sure why we should be completely happy and satisfied with how things have played out these last few years. Getting to 3 NFCCG and winning 0 Super Bowls should not be enough to make a coach or FO immune to criticism. Especially not for an offensive-minded HC when the defense has been the driving factor in our success.

Who said happy and satisfied? The Niners had incredible misfortune at the QB position and still almost made the Super Bowl. I can appreciate and be proud of the team for that effort. Doesn't mean anyone is happy of satisfied watching the freakin' Eagles in the Super Bowl (and I'd love to hear what their fans and talk radio were saying with those two uncontested TDs where the receivers waltzed into the end zone uncovered, and giving up the huge late punt return!)
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

I hope he balls out because he's a good kid.

I hope Purdy balls out because he's a good kid and he's a 49er.

I don't feel there's a conflict in wanting both of these things. (Unless they meet in the playoffs, then I'm rooting for the current 49er QB).
I just picture everything in his home smashed and his parents (I'm sure he lives with them) hiding in the closet just terrified.

Time for an emergency podcast/video with the rest of the loons.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.

That's what I'm thinking. Once the situation is resolved, they aren't going to duck these questions. They'll face the music at some point.

You know, I can accept that. But don't expose your players out there to the media to be answering questions that you know you should be (because the media will be asking). Shanny and Lynch should be the first people addressing the media. On a day like this no player should be addressing the media before them. Don't put your players in that position; it gives off a gutless disposition.

Agree... For as respectable as they are in most areas they have completely s**t the bed on this entire scenario.
Share 49ersWebzone