LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 277 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I still can't get over SWH trying to tell me this morning that you can't call the pick a bust lol..

can we make definitive future claims on TL when he is wearing another uni? That the pick didn't work out for us? what are the rules here?

If his tenure ends now, then you can absolutely call him a bust. But you were calling him a bust before his story was written. Per usual, you completely misrepresent what is said or choose to ignore it. It's your M.O.

I was saying the pick was a bust, this morning. You were disagreeing with me. You said too early to make 'definitive future claims'. Is it still too early? This pick didn't work out for us, at all.

I know what you were saying. You have been saying it for a while now, so don't try to say it was just this morning. Until Lance is off this team, his story has not been written.

I have no issue with you or anyone else calling him a bust of we move off of him.
Originally posted by boast:

So about 10 days ago, essentially the first preseason game. which is what a lot of us have been saying - lance didn't play nearly as well as Darnold, way too volatile.
the "high IQ" tweet

Was Van Brocklin's record against the soon-to-be-cut scrubs in a pre-season game? C'mon. Coach knows....
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.

That's what I'm thinking. Once the situation is resolved, they aren't going to duck these questions. They'll face the music at some point.

You know, I can accept that. But don't expose your players out there to the media to be answering questions that you know you should be (because the media will be asking). Shanny and Lynch should be the first people addressing the media. On a day like this no player should be addressing the media before them. Don't put your players in that position; it gives off a gutless disposition.

Makes it sound like Trey is the one that wants out.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I just picture everything in his home smashed and his parents (I'm sure he lives with them) hiding in the closet just terrified.

Time for an emergency podcast/video with the rest of the loons.

I'm not happy trey is in the situation he is in, but I get a kick out of these people going ballistic lmao
the "high IQ" tweet

Nice. Well I guess since I run a 13 second 100 meters and I keep up that pace I should shatter a few marathon records.
I think it's reasonable Trey showed enough against Denver in those last couple of drives that a team got interested, called the 49ers, and trade discussions have begun. Hence why he's been deactivated. Nothing else makes sense. If no team showed interest there'd be no reason to try to keep him healthy.

EDIT: That or he pitched a fit and demanded a trade or release and quit.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

ehhh this is just monday morning GMing. no one knows how a pick is gonna turn out. if they did, no one would ever miss in the draft ever.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.

That's what I'm thinking. Once the situation is resolved, they aren't going to duck these questions. They'll face the music at some point.

You know, I can accept that. But don't expose your players out there to the media to be answering questions that you know you should be (because the media will be asking). Shanny and Lynch should be the first people addressing the media. On a day like this no player should be addressing the media before them. Don't put your players in that position; it gives off a gutless disposition.

Makes it sound like Trey is the one that wants out.

yeah it sounds like the team wants to keep him but Trey doesn't want to be here.
Wonder if Trey ask for a trade. Because I get a sense Kyle wants all 3 guys available going into the season knowing what had happened last year where he went through like 4 qbs
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:27 PM ]

Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

If we move on from Trey, I absolutely want Kyle and Lynch to be right about moving on from him. I don't think that's out of line to say. If he becomes a star, that's going to be a dark cloud hanging over this franchise, unless we win a Superbowl soon.

There's probably a lot more in play than we may ever know. After watching Kyle call games with Trey in vs Brock, Sam and even Jimmy, it always felt like they were forcing it. I think Kyle wants Trey to succeed, even if it's not here, and is working on putting him in a better position. I'd have preferred waiting to see Brock go through a full season first, but a good situation may have presented itself for both sides. I'll withhold judgment until more is known.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

ehhh this is just monday morning GMing. no one knows how a pick is gonna turn out. if they did, no one would ever miss in the draft ever.

very good chance we would of taken 1 of those 10. lol thats pretty good odds.

Kyle makes a great point here. The 49ers needed the services of four QB's last season. You would hate to see a repeat of that. But, bottom line is, the 49ers needed the services of four QB's last season.

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.

Reading between the lines, Lance may have missed practice today so that he and his agent could be allowed to talk to the potential trade partner to be okay with the move.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wonder if Trey ask for a trade. Because I get a sense Kyle wants all 3 guys available going into the season knowing what had happened last year where he went through like 4 qbs

That or someone liked what he did last week and offered a low pick, and now haggling is going on.
Share 49ersWebzone