LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 266 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This is just why it's pointless to even look at players coming from either of the Dakotas.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wonder if Trey ask for a trade. Because I get a sense Kyle wants all 3 guys available going into the season knowing what had happened last year where he went through like 4 qbs

yeah, thats why early on I was like "we may keep him". Maybe the team thought there was a good chance that Trey would lose to darnold, so they kept allen around incase trey didn't take it well. but would like trey to stay.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.

That's what I'm thinking. Once the situation is resolved, they aren't going to duck these questions. They'll face the music at some point.

You know, I can accept that. But don't expose your players out there to the media to be answering questions that you know you should be (because the media will be asking). Shanny and Lynch should be the first people addressing the media. On a day like this no player should be addressing the media before them. Don't put your players in that position; it gives off a gutless disposition.

This is BS. Shanny has lied to the media before. Plus, the way he went after Darnold on day one of free agency lead many to conclude that the writing was on the wall for Lance from the very beginning. It would not surprise me for it to come out that Lance asked for a trade after acquiring Darnold. And give how Shanny has treated him I can't blame him.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:29 PM ]
Yeah that Ryan Hensley dude is borderline unhinged. Needs to chill out.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This is just why it's pointless to even look at players coming from either of the Dakotas.

that baby was just born to put harm on people. lmao jeez
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
If we move on from Trey, I absolutely want Kyle and Lynch to be right about moving on from him. I don't think that's out of line to say. If he becomes a star, that's going to be a dark cloud hanging over this franchise, unless we win a Superbowl soon.

Try to follow your logic, which goes seemingly like this..

TL is a superstar
KS sells the farm (has total belief)
KS says you know what, I'm gonna pivot, and bench my superstar, for Sam Darnold (for no good reason)
Let's trade the superstar for no real return

Does that take make sense to anybody? I think it's more like they were all in on TL, they got him up close and personal and he's just not it. He's not a star. He will not be a star. If he was gonna be a star, none of this would be happening right now. Darnold wouldn't be QB2. TL wouldn't be on the outs.

KS has been saying repeatedly, that you never know about a guy, until you get em in the bldg, see em in real games, etc. He's been saying this about BP, but it's probably also revealing about TL.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

I'd bet my life that he has a shrine of lance on the ceiling above his bed.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm not happy trey is in the situation he is in, but I get a kick out of these people going ballistic lmao

Agreed. Trey is a good kid who has shown nothing but a willingness to work and get better. His situation with our team is primarily the work of bad strategy and evaluation by management. Trey isn't half as weak as the nutters.
5,000 pages dedicated to a backup QB. Sheesh.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Try to follow your logic, which goes seemingly like this..

TL is a superstar
KS sells the farm (has total belief)
KS says you know what, I'm gonna pivot, and bench my superstar, for Sam Darnold (for no good reason)
Let's trade the superstar for no real return

Does that take make sense to anybody? I think it's more like they were all in on TL, they got him up close and personal and he's just not it. He's not a star. He will not be a star. If he was gonna be a star, none of this would be happening right now. Darnold wouldn't be QB2. TL wouldn't be on the outs.

KS has been saying repeatedly, that you never know about a guy, until you get em in the bldg, see em in real games, etc. He's been saying this about BP, but it's probably also revealing about TL.

TL just isn't good enough to be an NFL QB, it's plain and simple not hard to see if you are looking... doesn't matter how tall or athletic you are

5k for #5
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

I'd bet my life that he has a shrine of lance on the ceiling above his bed.

I can't comprehend people being so fkn upset lol. We got our QB1. It's football. It's a business. This might not be the best spot for Trey anymore. That's okay.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:

LAME ASS MANAGEMENT
STAND TO YOUR DECISIONS.
Answer the question about how you f**ked up 3 first rounders and the whole Lance situation.
My little ones have more pride than Lynch and Shanahan have

Wow!! Are you Sh!tting me Shanny and Lynch? Really? On a day like this, with THIS kind of news, you put Hargrave and Warner out to address the media and answer questions that should be for you? This is totally gutless! I simply can't believe this. You mismanage Lance and now you can't gather the guts to face the world on it?!?! WOW!!

Trade negotiations might be current, so Shanalynch don't want to comment during them.

That's what I'm thinking. Once the situation is resolved, they aren't going to duck these questions. They'll face the music at some point.

You know, I can accept that. But don't expose your players out there to the media to be answering questions that you know you should be (because the media will be asking). Shanny and Lynch should be the first people addressing the media. On a day like this no player should be addressing the media before them. Don't put your players in that position; it gives off a gutless disposition.

Reading between the lines, Lance may have missed practice today so that he and his agent could be allowed to talk to the potential trade partner to be okay with the move.

He missed practice because the team doesn't want him there. No reason to give him any reps.
After listening to that clip I suspect a team like the Vikings will offer chump change for him, but the 49ers would rather keep him here if he wants to be here, but it seems he may not. Or maybe he asked for a release.

Unless Kyle is simply lying about wanting him here. If he's not, that's what makes sense to me.
Share 49ersWebzone