LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 150 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kyle's quotes definitely make it sound like Trey has asked for a trade.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

What could have been.
5K FOLKS we made it
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Try to follow your logic, which goes seemingly like this..

TL is a superstar
KS sells the farm (has total belief)
KS says you know what, I'm gonna pivot, and bench my superstar, for Sam Darnold (for no good reason)
Let's trade the superstar for no real return

Does that take make sense to anybody? I think it's more like they were all in on TL, they got him up close and personal and he's just not it. He's not a star. He will not be a star. If he was gonna be a star, none of this would be happening right now. Darnold wouldn't be QB2. TL wouldn't be on the outs.

KS has been saying repeatedly, that you never know about a guy, until you get em in the bldg, see em in real games, etc. He's been saying this about BP, but it's probably also revealing about TL.

TL just isn't good enough to be an NFL QB, it's plain and simple not hard to see if you are looking... doesn't matter how tall or athletic you are

He's improved with limited reps. That indicates with more he may continue to improve. The problem is he was really unprepared to be an NFL QB, and we already have our guy now.
Na... it seems like Kyle had his mind made up and was worried Trey might look much better than Sam against the Chargers.

So didn't want to take the chance and start the news stories early.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
After listening to that clip I suspect a team like the Vikings will offer chump change for him, but the 49ers would rather keep him here if he wants to be here, but it seems he may not. Or maybe he asked for a release.

Unless Kyle is simply lying about wanting him here. If he's not, that's what makes sense to me.

Reading between the lines, if we wanted him here, he would have been here today
Originally posted by boast:

In other words, Trey is sacked.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This is BS. Shanny has lied to the media before. Plus, the way he went after Darnold on day one of free agency lead many to conclude that the writing was on the wall for Lance from the very beginning. It would not surprise me for it to come out that Lance asked for a trade after acquiring Darnold. And give how Shanny has treated him I can't blame him.

yeah f**k Shanny for naming Trey the unquestionable starter going into 2022. f**k Shanny for breaking Trey's finger and his ankle. f**k Shanny!!!! amirite!
[ Edited by boast on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
5,000 pages dedicated to a backup QB. Sheesh.

People seem to forget that there isn't a singular starting QB on this team. There's the early season starter, the midseason starter, the end of season starter, and then possibly another starting QB mixed in there as well. It makes sense to discuss all 4.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:36 PM ]
After listening to that clip I suspect a team like the Vikings will offer chump change for him, but the 49ers would rather keep him here if he wants to be here, but it seems he may not. Or maybe he asked for a release.

Unless Kyle is simply lying about wanting him here. If he's not, that's what makes sense to me.

Kyle may want him here, but Lance may not be willing to stay here as the QB3 and want an opportunity elsewhere to be at least QB2. Both are valid positions, but because SF typically doesn't like to totally screw players, or have players around that don't really want to be there, he'll likely be dealt.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 23, 2023 at 3:38 PM ]

NT in shambles.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Kyle's quotes definitely make it sound like Trey has asked for a trade.

Yes it does. It sounds like he's trying to convince Trey to stick around (the "best for him" comment). But it could all be smoke.

Still, given what Kyle said earlier in the week, it seems Trey wants out.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This is BS. Shanny has lied to the media before. Plus, the way he went after Darnold on day one of free agency lead many to conclude that the writing was on the wall for Lance from the very beginning. It would not surprise me for it to come out that Lance asked for a trade after acquiring Darnold. And give how Shanny has treated him I can't blame him.

yeah f**k Shanny for naming Trey the unquestionable starter going into 2022. f**k Shanny for breaking Trey's finger and his ankle. f**k Shanny!!!! amirite!

lol. for realz
Yes it does. It sounds like he's trying to convince Trey to stick around (the "best for him" comment). But it could all be smoke.

Still, given what Kyle said earlier in the week, it seems Trey wants out.

Damn near certain it's smoke.
Originally posted by captveg:

Kyle may want him her, but Lance may not be willing to stay here as the QB3 and want an opportunity elsewhere to be at least QB2. Both are valid positions, but because SF typically doesn't like to totally screw players, or have players around that don't really want to be there, he'll likely be dealt.

sounds logical. However, that goes against kyle/lynch being idiots or racists so some will not be happy about this lol.
Share 49ersWebzone