There are 240 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Na... it seems like Kyle had his mind made up and was worried Trey might look much better than Sam against the Chargers.

So didn't want to take the chance and start the news stories early.

Welcome to the Cohn Zone
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
After listening to that clip I suspect a team like the Vikings will offer chump change for him, but the 49ers would rather keep him here if he wants to be here, but it seems he may not. Or maybe he asked for a release.

Unless Kyle is simply lying about wanting him here. If he's not, that's what makes sense to me.

Kyle may want him her, but Lance may not be willing to stay here as the QB3 and want an opportunity elsewhere to be at least QB2. Both are valid positions, but because SF typically doesn't like to totally screw players, or have players around that don't really want to be there, he'll likely be dealt.

He is QB3 right? No HC or GM wants a $20m / 2 yrs QB3. Zero. Just not a thing folks.
The other team may see him as a QB2 with potential to be a cheap QB1 in the future. If any team was asking for him, it would be over those great throws against the Broncos and untapped potential. A seventh round pick and 10 million per year is not a horrid gamble if that team has a bunch of cap space.

But it sounds more like Trey wants out and Kyle is trying to acquiesce to that.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He doesn't want to rot away as a third stringer. I don't blame him for wanting out.

He has absolutely no leverage whatsoever.

If he asked the team for a trade they respond 'you're free to look for a deal. We've been trying since March'.

This stuff isn't news to Trey like it is to fans. And actions speak louder than public comments when the team is in damage control.
QB2 was given to Darnold at his signing. No way Darnold signs with the possibility of being QB3.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

If Brock goes down now for the season we are completely f**ked.

First of all, what is wrong with you? lol. That first bolded statement is cringe.

Second of all, we were f**ked if we had to go with Lance too at QB2. He was clearly beaten by Darnold.
I hope Lance fails miserably on whatever team he is sent to. If he becomes a perennial pro bowler, I am going to be livid.

Don't look at it that way, homie. I'm still hoping he has a great career, but the fit wasn't right here. Hell, RGIII may have had a good career if not for the Shanahans, doesn't mean either is wrong. Was just never a fit.

While I will be absolutely forever livid if Trey becomes a pro bowl top echelon QB for another team, not gonna be mad at all if Trey bounces us from the playoffs on whatever team he joins. Kyle would deserve it and plenty of the posters on the zone.

Kyle better pray that Trey is ultimately mediocre or worse or that Brock wins us #6.

Ooooh, how ironic would that be? Many thought Kyle changed his philosophy after Josh Allen worked us over, and that led to drafting Trey. If it happened again at Trey's hands, would have the making of a very grumpy Shanahan.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
5,000 pages dedicated to a backup QB. Sheesh.

People seem to forget that there isn't a singular starting QB on this team. There's the early season starter, the midseason starter, the end of season starter, and then possibly another starting QB mixed in there as well. It makes sense to discuss all 4.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Yes it does. It sounds like he's trying to convince Trey to stick around (the "best for him" comment). But it could all be smoke.

Still, given what Kyle said earlier in the week, it seems Trey wants out.

Damn near certain it's smoke.

This is the only thing that makes sense given Kyle's comments. Good for him honestly. I don't think Sam did enough but again, I'm not at practice so I wouldn't know.

lol considering your outspokenness in other ummm topics on this forum (in the PL), this vindictiveness is hilarious.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Na... it seems like Kyle had his mind made up and was worried Trey might look much better than Sam against the Chargers.

So didn't want to take the chance and start the news stories early.

LOL, I don't dig theories like that, but when Trey led that last game winning drive, and Aiyuk was so excited for him he got that penalty, maybe things like that played in too. Locker room obviously loved him.

Was it for Trey or was it for Latu? He went towards Latu

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
To explain why he made a decision on who the BACKUP QB is. Is Josh McDaniels having to explain why he's going to give Aiden O'Connell the QB2 spot over Brian Hoyer?

Oh come on man. You damn well know it's more than that. It's not like he was some rando day 3 pick. Dude was the largest trade move in franchise history at a position that most coaches/GMs get fired at if they f**ked up as bad as they did there.

Lance has been the talking point since he was drafted. He literally said yesterday that he wasn't gonna be making a decision about the backup spot until after the last preseason game. this is one of the top stores in sports right now.

Now you have a couple players go up and get pelted with questions about it? Ya that seems a bit gutless.

Hopefully the have a good reason…like getting Bosa's contract done

It's not like they would have given any kinda insight on the decision. They would have left him staying open as well as talked him up how he's improved so much etc. people just looking for reasons to get mad at Kyle for making the obvious decision.

Nah it's p***y s**t if you ask me. Go up there and answer questions instead of forcing your players too.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
QB2 was given to Darnold at his signing. No way Darnold signs with the possibility of being QB3.

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

ehhh this is just monday morning GMing. no one knows how a pick is gonna turn out. if they did, no one would ever miss in the draft ever.

The problem is not picking Lance, the problem was (IMO) moving up.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by captveg:
After listening to that clip I suspect a team like the Vikings will offer chump change for him, but the 49ers would rather keep him here if he wants to be here, but it seems he may not. Or maybe he asked for a release.

Unless Kyle is simply lying about wanting him here. If he's not, that's what makes sense to me.

Kyle may want him her, but Lance may not be willing to stay here as the QB3 and want an opportunity elsewhere to be at least QB2. Both are valid positions, but because SF typically doesn't like to totally screw players, or have players around that don't really want to be there, he'll likely be dealt.

He is QB3 right? No HC or GM wants a $20m / 2 yrs QB3. Zero. Just not a thing folks.
The other team may see him as a QB2 with potential to be a cheap QB1 in the future. If any team was asking for him, it would be over those great throws against the Broncos and untapped potential. A seventh round pick and 10 million per year is not a horrid gamble if that team has a bunch of cap space.

But it sounds more like Trey wants out and Kyle is trying to acquiesce to that.

Yea I am talking on SF. KS or JL don't want a 20m over 2 QB3. Now if you are MIN, and you know you are letting Kirk walk, the situation is dif than ours. We have our QB of the Future, Brock. They don't.

If we move on from Trey, I absolutely want Kyle and Lynch to be right about moving on from him. I don't think that's out of line to say. If he becomes a star, that's going to be a dark cloud hanging over this franchise, unless we win a Superbowl soon.

Hope he becomes a star. Because f**k Kyle.
Share 49ersWebzone